Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV
Closed Thread

Old 25-11-2008, 07:53   #811
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Virgin Media has today moved channel about on their EPG.

For more info see http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34682459-post245.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2008, 08:14   #812
ufitm

Services: VM VIP package and DTT freeview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Virgin Media has today moved channel about on their EPG.

For more info see http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34682459-post245.html
National Geographic +1 has appered on my line up ex Tw and sreams ha ve gone up from 308 to 310 so there must be another on but can not spot it.

Old 25-11-2008, 08:38   #813
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufitm View Post
National Geographic +1 has appered on my line up ex Tw and sreams ha ve gone up from 308 to 310 so there must be another on but can not spot it
I think that other channel will be one of the following:

1) An red button for Nat. Geo +1.
2) Maybe they are still testing an new channel on Ex-Telewest (History +1).
Old 25-11-2008, 09:29   #814
ufitm

Quote:

not tried red button will try later let you know by pm, do you know what is the reason for the move around on the EPg?
never know it might be the hd channels that they are in talks with sky about getting them before christmas

Old 25-11-2008, 10:00   #815
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufitm View Post
not tried red button will try later let you know by pm, do you know what is the reason for the move around on the EPg?
never know it might be the hd channels that they are in talks with sky about getting them before christmas
Virgin Media has only moved some of they Entertainment channels about and Sky has only got one Entertainment HD channel - Sky1 HD - so it cant be that.

I have noted when Virgin Media sign an new deal with MTV and Channel 4 they will need to moved Sci-Fi and Zone Reality to new channel numbers to make way for Paramount Comedy 2 +1 and More4 +1 to appear on their channel numbers.
Old 25-11-2008, 13:27   #816
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

More channel changes on Virgin from Tuesday of next week -

150 - Five US (was 185)
152 - Fiver (was 186)
157 - FX (was 179)
162 - Hallmark (was 190)
163 - Hallmark +1 (was 191)

I do not know if E! Entertainment, Zone Horror, Diva TV /+1, DMAX and MTV ® will also be moving.

Info from Whats on TV.
Old 25-11-2008, 17:01   #817
scorpionatthepc
Inactive

Services: Tivo On Medium Plus.Xbox 360,Nexus 7,HTC Desire S & Sky Freesat
scorpionatthepc is an unknown quantity at this point

Any idea on why the channel movement?
Old 25-11-2008, 17:09   #818
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

So Virgin do not have to move them when their sign new deal with broadcasters -
Quote:
=== Before 2010 ===
Virgin Media to move some channels to new channel numbers to that they have room to put their +1 or HD Channel beside the main Channel. (Updated 21/08/08.)
- I 1st told everyone back in August.
Old 25-11-2008, 18:46   #819
ufitm

Quote:

Answer to question 1 no red button Nat Geo +1

Old 25-11-2008, 23:57   #820
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Someone has posted on DS Forums that Channel 4 HD is rumoured to be coming to Virgin Media next month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...2&postcount=36

Info from DS Forum.
Old 26-11-2008, 00:20   #821
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Instead of faffing about moving entertainment channels so older folks phone up their family members asking where their favourite channels gone, they (VM) should move the channels for younger views to well before the adult channels as even when locked, those damn previews (which themselves are at least PG-13) still show up.

Or at the very least, any locked channels should be blocked totally from the epg

Old 26-11-2008, 00:41   #822
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

Quote:
Someone has posted on DS Forums that Channel 4 HD is rumoured to be coming to Virgin Media next month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...2&postcount=36

Info from DS Forum.
Hmmm I wonder whether it will be the 10th of December. I wonder why that possibly could be .

Anyway good work on the channel movements.
Old 26-11-2008, 00:42   #823
cablecrazy
Permanently Banned

cablecrazy is an unknown quantity at this point

These channel moves are an absolute DISGRACE, I shall be calling VM tomorrow about this.
Old 26-11-2008, 04:58   #824
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablecrazy View Post
These channel moves are an absolute DISGRACE, I shall be calling VM tomorrow about this.
Eh!! yes...an absolute disgrace. It must be great if this is the biggest "outrage" in your life.
Old 26-11-2008, 07:23   #825
Woodite
cf.member

Services: Virgin V+ - XL & Sky Sports > BB - M > Phone - L >
Woodite will become famous soon enoughWoodite will become famous soon enoughWoodite will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablecrazy View Post
Why are (some) people getting so upset over a few changes on the EPG?? Is it that bad that you cant just look at the tv guide & find the channel you want. I think some people just like to have a moan about anything.
Closed Thread