Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 14-02-2017, 19:03   #2896
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
There was another suggestion (from Samsung) to reset the television and restore to factory settings, however since the television auto-updates, I would have thought the issue would re-occur when the update came?
I've stuck with disabling auto-tune in standby (since I tend NOT to use the Freeview - it's there as a back up in case the cable stops anytime).
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2017, 19:06   #2897
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
There was another suggestion (from Samsung) to reset the television and restore to factory settings, however since the television auto-updates, I would have thought the issue would re-occur when the update came?
Generally a factory reset doesn't affect the installed software, so I'd expect it to be OK
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 10:44   #2898
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

just had 2 of these v6 installed and they are superb

the speed and loading of apps is remarkable compared with the old style Tivo boxes - loved the features detested the waiting and load times

not tried all the recording and streaming from box to box yet but well impressed on first look
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 17:40   #2899
Amazed
Inactive

Amazed is an unknown quantity at this point

Having a V6 installed sometime Tuesday morning, to run alongside a TiVo box. Just a quick question for those of you who have had a similar install. I have Series Links that will need to be transferred to the V6, as this will be in the main viewing room. Does this take long? Tuesday evening is my "heavy load" recording night (currently 4 programmes recording concurrently, with the TiVo rescheduling one), so it would be handy to have the V6 up and running on these Series Links by the evening.
Amazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 18:54   #2900
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
Having a V6 installed sometime Tuesday morning, to run alongside a TiVo box. Just a quick question for those of you who have had a similar install. I have Series Links that will need to be transferred to the V6, as this will be in the main viewing room. Does this take long? Tuesday evening is my "heavy load" recording night (currently 4 programmes recording concurrently, with the TiVo rescheduling one), so it would be handy to have the V6 up and running on these Series Links by the evening.
It's a bit unpredictable how long it takes. I'd suggest you manually set up series links for the things on Tuesday just in case.

Although if you can connect your old box to your SuperHub, you'll be able to watch its recordings on the V6 anyway
Old 18-02-2017, 19:20   #2901
Amazed
Inactive

Quote:
It's a bit unpredictable how long it takes. I'd suggest you manually set up series links for the things on Tuesday just in case.

Although if you can connect your old box to your SuperHub, you'll be able to watch its recordings on the V6 anyway
Thanks for that!

Already have 2 TiVo's connected via PowerPlugs(?) so can already watch some content from one on the other, wasn't sure if this facility would be available between TiVo and V6.
Old 18-02-2017, 19:50   #2902
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Already have 2 TiVo's connected via PowerPlugs(?) so can already watch some content from one on the other, wasn't sure if this facility would be available between TiVo and V6.
Yes, you'll just need to connect the old TiVo to your SuperHub if it isn't already.
Old 18-02-2017, 19:56   #2903
Amazed
Inactive

Will be swapping it with the TiVo in the bedroom before the V6 is installed in the lounge, so should all be good to go.

Do I assume that I can watch anything recorded on the TiVo on the V6 if they are connected?
Old 18-02-2017, 21:18   #2904
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Do I assume that I can watch anything recorded on the TiVo on the V6 if they are connected?
Yes, unless you are recording from At The Races, RTE1 or RTE2. These channels currently don't allow multi-room streaming.
Old 18-02-2017, 21:27   #2905
Amazed
Inactive

Only those three????

Cool!
Old 19-02-2017, 03:06   #2906
love Virgin2013
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media VIP
love Virgin2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

is it possible to watch what i have on my old Tivo box on my V6 box?

if so how do i do it as my V6 box does not see my Tivo box and i use V6 box via Wifi.
love Virgin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 06:19   #2907
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yes, unless you are recording from At The Races, RTE1 or RTE2. These channels currently don't allow multi-room streaming.
RTE Channels? How? 🤔
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 07:14   #2908
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

This works fine as long as your old TiVo is connected to your router via Ethernet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by love Virgin2013 View Post
is it possible to watch what i have on my old Tivo box on my V6 box?

if so how do i do it as my V6 box does not see my Tivo box and i use V6 box via Wifi.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 08:50   #2909
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
RTE Channels? How? 🤔
Move to Northern Ireland!
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 14:03   #2910
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

What are people paying to get the V6?

Just checked my account and they are wanting an extra £51 a month on top of the £85 I already pay each month.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote