Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Old 10-10-2006, 22:46   #91
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: DVD's you Lust after ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
You haven't got 1 and 2 from that box set though. The extra's are outstanding. It even includes some of the old cartoons and also the Superman and the Mole-men movie as well as a lot of Deleted scenes and 2 versions of Superman 1.
It does look really cool. I rarely bother with extras though.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2006, 05:29   #92
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp
Exclamation Re: DVD's you Lust after ..

i'm surprised my other half hasn't seen this thread yet... he has so many dvd's! Has anyone got any recommendations for insurance? A lot of household policies don't seem to actually cover them?!
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 15:35   #93
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauzjp View Post
i'm surprised my other half hasn't seen this thread yet... he has so many dvd's! Has anyone got any recommendations for insurance? A lot of household policies don't seem to actually cover them?!
They do, you just need to itemise them like you would a diamond ring etc. Take some pictures of the lot of them and tell your insurer that you house contents includes 500 DVDs at an estimated replacement cost of 12 each giving a total value for replacement of 6000 or something like that. I've done that for DVDs and CDs (all 800 of them).
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006, 23:52   #94
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Season 1 & 2 box set of BSG (new version)

PotC - Dead Man's Chest

Shall be getting Supes next week.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:32   #95
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The Ultimate Superman Boxset which should be with me soon
Old 16-02-2007, 23:50   #96
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Shall be getting Supes next week.

I never did get the Superman DVDs... planning on getting Superman I, Superman II: The Donner Cut, & Superman Returns on HD-DVD instead now.

Now slowly starting to build my HD-DVD collection.

Currently have:

King Kong (I really don't like it, but it came free with my HD-DVD drive & is good as a "demo disc" at least as the picture quality is v v good).

Batman Begins (awesome movie; excellent PQ).

M:i:III (very good, better than no1 & no2 IMO; excellent PQ).

The Departed (one of my favourite films of 2006; not yet watched the disc, although it's meant to be an excellent version)

Miami Vice (trading it in tomorrow, as I found it extremely boring; PQ was grainy although that's apparently intentional, sound was low & mumbly).
Old 17-02-2007, 09:56   #97
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman View Post
They do, you just need to itemise them like you would a diamond ring etc. Take some pictures of the lot of them and tell your insurer that you house contents includes 500 DVDs at an estimated replacement cost of 12 each giving a total value for replacement of 6000 or something like that. I've done that for DVDs and CDs (all 800 of them).
ahh cheers for that advice cuz the other half and me got around 400dvd's but thankfully all on a excell spreadsheet as well which is backed up on different email servers
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 01:11   #98
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Miami Vice (trading it in tomorrow, as I found it extremely boring; PQ was grainy although that's apparently intentional, sound was low & mumbly).

Bye bye Miami Vice, hello Unforgiven.

Much, much, better movie.
Old 20-02-2007, 16:44   #99
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Life on mars season 1 a 2 box set !
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 17:00   #100
videodj
cf.addict

Services: Vivid 300Mb, Tivo V6, Tivo (Full House TV)
videodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enough

My collections:

24 - Seasons 1-5
Stargate SG1 - Seasons 1-9
Stargate Atlantis - Seasons 1-2

The Entire Carry On Collection (excluding the really bad - Carry On Columbus)
StarWars 1-6
videodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 17:29   #101
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

I've long wanted the complete series of Babylon 5, finally bought the "Babylon 5 : The Complete Universe" box set for £90 from Amazon. 41 DVD's.

DW
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 22:46   #102
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

I'm going to get the Due South box sets now that they FINALLY got released on Region 2 last year.
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 23:21   #103
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

I really want to get enough spare cash to get CLaire the box set of freinds. We have the 1-8 on video and 9-10 on dvd but it would be nice to get the full set. Plus if I get her the full set I'll be able to get what I want such as the back to the future set.....
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 23:23   #104
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
I've long wanted the complete series of Babylon 5, finally bought the "Babylon 5 : The Complete Universe" box set for £90 from Amazon. 41 DVD's.

DW

I got that a while back. It's great

(well, apart from season 5 )
Old 21-02-2007, 00:46   #105
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I got that a while back. It's great

(well, apart from season 5 )
The season that was not meant to be, having been canceled then uncanceled
at the eleventh hour. Considering all the problems it wasn't that bad.
Are you getting ready for B5:The Lost Tales?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0871427/
http://www.babylonpodcast.com/

DW
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote