Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Email to create your Virgin Media O2 ID

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Email to create your Virgin Media O2 ID

Old 19-12-2023, 13:29   #1
StopThePigeon
cf.member

StopThePigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Email to create your Virgin Media O2 ID

Hi Folks,

I have received an email, from VM, asking for my VM and O2 account details, to create a new, single account, for accessing VM and O2.

This sounds very suspicious - especially as the email is from virginmedia.co.uk, not virginmedia.com.

Can anyone verify if this is a genuine email, or a fake?

Thanks,

STP.
StopThePigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-12-2023, 20:39   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Email to rreate your Virgin Media O2 ID

Can you post it here? (delete all personal details obviously)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2023, 00:06   #3
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Interesting to know what is happening here
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2023, 08:08   #4
StopThePigeon
cf.member

This is the text, from the email - has anyone had this?:

Hello STP,
We just wanted to let you know that you can now link your My Virgin Media and My O2 sign in details. This means your My Virgin Media details will become your Virgin Media O2 ID. You’ll then use this ID to sign in to all My Virgin Media and My O2 online services.

We’re on a journey to become one company, and this is the first step to simplify how our customers access our services.

My Virgin Media will still be the place to manage your broadband, TV, and home phone services.

And you’ll keep using My O2 to handle your mobile account.

Only now, you can choose the option to sign in with your Virgin Media O2 ID.

If you’d like to link your sign in details now, just have your My Virgin Media and My O2 details handy. We’ll then ask you to sign in to My Virgin Media, authenticate your account, and we’ll take you through the rest.

Want to find out more about this change and our journey to becoming one company? Head over to our FAQ page.

For more info about how we use your data, check out our privacy policy.

We’ll keep you updated as we continue our transformation.

Take care,

The Virgin Media O2 team

This email and/or the attachments contains information from Virgin Media and/or Telefonica UK Limited (O2) and may be confidential and legally privileged. Statements, representations and opinions expressed may not represent either those of Virgin Media or Telefonica UK Limited and are subject to contract.

The information is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s) and if you are not the intended recipient please delete it (including any attachment) from your system. Any disclosure, copying distribution or use of any of this information is not permitted.

If you are in receipt of a suspicious email or an email in error from Virgin Media, please report it to www.virginmedia.com/netreport, or for Telefonica UK Limited (O2), please report it to www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security.

Registered offices:

Virgin Media Limited, 500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU. Registered in England and Wales: 2591237
Telefonica UK Limited, 500 Brook Drive, Reading, RG2 6UU. Registered in England and Wales: 1743099
Old 20-12-2023, 12:34   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It looks genuine to me, and it isn't asking you to click any links in the email, so no dangers lurking there. So if you want to do this, I'd say log into your MyVirginMedia account and do it. But I guess you don't have to.

By the way, virginmedia.co.uk is legit. (Also virginmediao2.co.uk)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2023, 15:49   #6
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Full details about the linked VirginMedia O2 ID are available online
https://www.virginmedia.com/support/...in-media-o2-id
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2023, 11:52   #7
StopThePigeon
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It looks genuine to me, and it isn't asking you to click any links in the email, so no dangers lurking there. So if you want to do this, I'd say log into your MyVirginMedia account and do it. But I guess you don't have to.

By the way, virginmedia.co.uk is legit. (Also virginmediao2.co.uk)
There was a link - I removed it.

Thanks for your reply - it helped.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
Full details about the linked VirginMedia O2 ID are available online
https://www.virginmedia.com/support/...in-media-o2-id
Thank you - I will check it out.