Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wrong info held

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Free V+ to Tivo box swap email

Old 13-07-2016, 15:15   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Question Free V+ to Tivo box swap email

I have just received an email saying VM will exchange my ageing V+ box free of charge so i won't lose access to the HD channels later this year, this poses a few questions.

1. It won't lock me into a new contract?
2. My bill shouldn't go up?
Old 13-07-2016, 15:16   #2
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future
Re: Free V+ to Tivo box swap email

should be a straight forward no to both.
MutleyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 15:20   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I hope so as i want to renegotiate my package eventually so didn't want to be locked into a contract or get another price increase.
Old 13-07-2016, 15:30   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The answers are indeed:

1. No
2. No

The second no only applies to your current bundle. Any re-negotiation will be it's own total price.
Old 13-07-2016, 22:29   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I have just received an email saying VM will exchange my ageing V+ box free of charge so i won't lose access to the HD channels later this year, this poses a few questions.

1. It won't lock me into a new contract?
2. My bill shouldn't go up?
Do you take sports or movies?

I'm interested to know if they have started migrating XL TV customers with non premium HD channels.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 23:03   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

All SA V+ boxes are now being replaced, regardless of package
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 23:30   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I'm interested to know if they have started migrating XL TV customers with non premium HD channels.
Just XL TV and the reason is my model won't support HD later this year, the Samsung V+ isn't getting replaced.
Old 15-07-2016, 08:41   #8
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

is it still the case that it's just Sky HD-OD that's MPEG4 so Tivo only, but the Sky Premiums are moving to MPEG4 later this year?
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 12:01   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Customers with Sky Premiums HD have already had their SA V+ HD swapped as those HD channels have / will be moving to MPEG4 soon.

But all HD channels on VM will be moving to MPEG4 so all SA V+ HD boxes are now being swapped.
Old 15-07-2016, 12:27   #10
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

My parents are getting a TiVo box to replace their V+. They are on XL and have no premium HD channels
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 20:27   #11
Tali
cf.addict

Tali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about them

Long story...

Before Christmas, my 1TB Tivo packed up. Engineer came out and installed a 500GB Tivo. I called up and they sent out a self install 1TB Tivo and said that they were going to send a box out for me to return the 500GB box.

A few months later, there was no sign of the return box, so I called them up, explained again and asked if I could use the 500GB box to replace my SA V+. They said yes, but would cost an extra £5 per month. Didn't want to pay so they said they were going to send out a box for me to return it.

Even more months later, I have still not received the return packaging. If I called them up now, do you think they would swap the SA V+ for the practically brand new 500GB TIVO that I've got sitting boxed up doing nothing?
Tali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 21:10   #12
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tali View Post
If I called them up now, do you think they would swap the SA V+ for the practically brand new 500GB TIVO that I've got sitting boxed up doing nothing?
No, you would still be charged for that. Just wait for them to contact you, and you'll be given a link to website where you can book the free swap. All SA V+ boxes are due to be swapped by the end of the year.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 23:25   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Which TiVo will I likely get, the Samsung or Cisco and is one better than the other?
Old 25-07-2016, 09:00   #14
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

From past experience, I would say that it's the luck of the draw! You will get the one you choose if there happens to be one in the van at the time.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 09:41   #15
daveybm
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph
daveybm is on a distinguished roaddaveybm is on a distinguished road

I don't think Virgin are as up to date with their records as they like to think, we had a phone call about a SA V+ box swap at least 3 months ago, swap was done no problems and bills have remained the same, on Friday I duly gets a letter from Virgin saying "according to our records you have a SA V+ box which needs changing". Sorry Virgin that went to the recycling centre 3 months ago when you sent me a shiny Cisco 500GB Tivo.
daveybm is offline   Reply With Quote