Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 17-03-2011, 15:50   #4591
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattboothers View Post
hmm lets think at what my email will say that they send to me:

Dear Matthew,

We are sorry you was not selected for a free TiVO on us for a year. However we have some great news

What is it I wonder...

...You can now BUY one at £149 per box with £40 install and £3 per month....

Forget that - I'l stick with a V+

...We hope you will love the TiVO...

Hang on I havent agreed to have one yet

...And we hope you buy 2 boxes so we can rob more of your money...

Ok, ok they may not say it like that

...Thanks, The Virgin Media Team.

I hope VM's grammar is better than that
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2011, 15:57   #4592
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

You never ever Buy them as they at all times remain the property of Virginmedia.
Old 17-03-2011, 15:59   #4593
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post

I hope VM's grammer is better than that
DF it should read " Grammar "
Old 17-03-2011, 16:06   #4594
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
hmm lets think at what my email will say that they send to me:

Dear Matthew,

We are sorry you was not selected for a free TiVO on us for a year. However we have some great news...

What is it I wonder...

Forget that - I'l stick with a V+

...We hope you will love the TiVO...

Hang on I havent agreed to have one yet

Ok, ok they may not say it like that

...Thanks, The Virgin Media Team.
A business trying to make money and not giving everything away free of charge.

Whatever next?
Old 17-03-2011, 16:07   #4595
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
You never ever Buy them as they at all times remain the property of Virginmedia.
Oops my bad rent then
Old 17-03-2011, 16:09   #4596
dajone
Inactive

Services: TiVo - VIP120
dajone will become famous soon enoughdajone will become famous soon enoughdajone will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know what a red light and a green light on front of the tivo box is when it is switched off as normally there are no lights on box ?
Old 17-03-2011, 16:17   #4597
Parlyboy
cf.addict

Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Parlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajone View Post
Does anyone know what a red light and a green light on front of the tivo box is when it is switched off as normally there are no lights on box ?
It means that you've not been using TiVo enough and have to give it to someone who needs it more. I'll PM my address so you can post the TiVo box to me....

PB
Old 17-03-2011, 16:27   #4598
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Earlier on the thread people were saying it's likely the new standby mode that's come with the code drop - the red light for standby and the green light for online as with the V+ boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlyboy View Post
It means that you've not been using TiVo enough and have to give it to someone who needs it more. I'll PM my address so you can post the TiVo box to me....

PB
No ME ME!! I've been waiting very patiently (ROFLMBO)
Old 17-03-2011, 16:33   #4599
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It means that you have stopped when you should be going. LOL
Old 17-03-2011, 16:35   #4600
danbayliss
cf.addict

danbayliss is just really nicedanbayliss is just really nicedanbayliss is just really nicedanbayliss is just really nicedanbayliss is just really nicedanbayliss is just really nice

The red light means the box is in standby.
The green light means the modem connection is active.
Old 17-03-2011, 16:36   #4601
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Quote:
It means there someone called Matthew who cant get hold of one so its throwing a disco lights party for celebration.
Old 17-03-2011, 16:41   #4602
dajone
Inactive

dajone will become famous soon enoughdajone will become famous soon enoughdajone will become famous soon enough

Thx for the replies guys ...... 1st to pm me there address gets the tivo box free for life
Old 17-03-2011, 16:43   #4603
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Thx for the replies guys ...... 1st to pm me there address gets the tivo box free for life
Don't you mean a TIVO doorstop?
Old 17-03-2011, 16:48   #4604
dajone
Inactive

Well thats up to you how you use it
Old 17-03-2011, 17:25   #4605
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
DF it should read " Grammar "
I know
Closed Thread