Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2010, 12:30   #196
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

cant belive virgin are pulling local BBC radio stations

why would yorkshire folk wanna listen to welsh , scots and irish dribble plus london moaning over an inch of snow.

any news on them returning or are they gone for good.
Advertisement
Old 23-01-2010, 15:29   #197
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post

why would yorkshire folk wanna listen to welsh , scots and irish dribble plus london moaning over an inch of snow.

It sounds like they're gone for good.
Old 23-01-2010, 15:50   #198
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

mahority of radio station can be listen to online or through dab , poepl say they want more channels but aint willing to give up sometihng small, as the amount of users listen to local radio station will be low, they remove my local ones but i aint ocmplaining i jsut listen online or through dab
Old 23-01-2010, 16:07   #199
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
mahority of radio station can be listen to online or through dab , poepl say they want more channels but aint willing to give up sometihng small, as the amount of users listen to local radio station will be low, they remove my local ones but i aint ocmplaining i jsut listen online or through dab
totally agree if i want to listen to a radio station i use a radio not my V+ box.
Old 23-01-2010, 18:21   #200
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:

It's not through wanting to get rid of them.. they just can't get them in them in Langley.
Old 23-01-2010, 23:11   #201
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
It's not through wanting to get rid of them.. they just can't get them in them in Langley.
Is that where the super headend will be?
Old 24-01-2010, 00:47   #202
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Is that where the super headend will be?
Yes
Old 24-01-2010, 01:01   #203
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Yes
Ah, thanks
I'm guessing all the over headends are gonna be closed down, or used for something else right?
Old 24-01-2010, 01:15   #204
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Ah, thanks
I'm guessing all the over headends are gonna be closed down, or used for something else right?
I can't go in to too much detail, as I think it's classed as business sensitive information, but 1 will close and the other will be a back-up... regional headends will just be hub sites with some used for VOD.
Old 24-01-2010, 11:08   #205
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

That makes sense finally we can start to see cable being one unified company where hopefully new services can be rolled out quicker accross the country.
Old 24-01-2010, 12:48   #206
Cablefan
Inactive

Cablefan is on a distinguished roadCablefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn012 View Post
Is this happening to the TV channels too? ITV1 currently on VM is of good quality compared to the satellite version, does this mean we will get stuck with the inferior satellite ITV1?
This is a very good question...anyone know?
Old 24-01-2010, 13:01   #207
Nook29
Inactive

Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

This weeks live sport on ESPN.
Old 24-01-2010, 13:46   #208
Frank_Butcher
Inactive

Services: XL TV with Sky Sports, XL Broadband, XL Phone, V+
Frank_Butcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't wait for ITV HD to land. Watching the Stoke v Arsenal game on my V+ box on ITV1 is akin to watching a cheap internet stream. Awful quality.
Old 24-01-2010, 14:21   #209
Nook29
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Butcher View Post
Can't wait for ITV HD to land. Watching the Stoke v Arsenal game on my V+ box on ITV1 is akin to watching a cheap internet stream. Awful quality.
Here's hoping we have it in time for the FA Cup final, or failing that, the World Cup.
Old 24-01-2010, 14:25   #210
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook29 View Post
Here's hoping we have it in time for the FA Cup final, or failing that, the World Cup.
i think it will be there for the world cup, when the fa cup final? i might be able to say if it will be
Closed Thread