Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Child grooming gang found guilty

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Child grooming gang found guilty

Old 28-01-2014, 20:19   #601
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Link
Ethnic breakdown of street grooming offenders and victims.
30% White, 28% Asian, 2% Black, 0.16% Chinese, 38% unknown.
That report was from May 2012 and there has been more convictions since then.
Quote:
Mark Williams-Thomas, a former police detective and child protection expert, believes there is a trend which he says he was first made aware of 10 years ago in which men of Pakistani heritage abuse white girls.
But the former detective called for a more nuanced view of the problem, saying it was important to distinguish between grooming and the trafficking of young girls.
"Attacks in isolation and grooming tend to be perpetrated by white men. Collectively, the transferring of girls among young men for sex involves Pakistani men," he said.
"This is a significant problem and it's been going on for many years.
The involvement of White men tends to be for "personal use".
From Rochdale case.
Quote:
Some of the girls were beaten and forced to have sex with "several men in a day, several times a week", the jury was told.
One teenager told the jury she was forced to have sex with 20 men in one night.
Another recalled being raped by two men while she was "so drunk she was vomiting over the side of the bed".
Only nine men convicted, so only nine will appear in any figures. As they were taken to several different parts of the country, you easily be talking about 100+ more that should be in the figures.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2014, 20:21   #602
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Or you could just as easily be making up some figures on the spot....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 20:33   #603
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Or you could just as easily be making up some figures on the spot....
If you're referring to my post, I did include a link to a BBC article. The figures are from CEOP. It is displayed as a bar chart and as a pie chart.
Old 28-01-2014, 21:01   #604
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Where does it state it could easily be 100+, which were the figures I was referring to...
Old 28-01-2014, 21:40   #605
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Where does it state it could easily be 100+, which were the figures I was referring to...
There was one instance of 20 men in one night with one girl. The girls were taken to other places to see OTHER men. Some of them were convicted of trafficking.

Quote:
The gang lured an officially estimated 47 girls (the figure may well be higher) aged 12 to 16 with gifts, alcohol and drugs before passing them around to have sex ‘with several men a day, several times a week’ in flats, houses, cars, taxis and kebab shops.
Quote:
As a result, the worst of Girl A's ordeal came after she had told police what was going on. In the four months after she spoke to police, she was driven around a succession of sordid flats and houses where she would be raped by up to five men each night, four or five days each week.
The only affect the arrests had on the pattern of abuse was that she was passed to the control of Abdul Aziz, 41, a taxi driver who would transport her between the "chill" houses where she would be raped.
Many of her abusers are unlikely ever to be identified, but among them was Kabeer Hassan, to whom she was passed on as "a treat".
Quote:
Another victim, Girl C, became pregnant at 13 by Adil Khan. She said: "Pakistani men pass you round like a ball, they're all in a massive circle and put a white girl in the middle."
I did not state the 100+ as fact, but as a not unreasonable conclusion based on the facts.
In the Rochdale case a further 40 potentially identifiable were being looked for.
Quote:
Detectives who brought down a child sex grooming ring are poised to make more arrests - as the hunt continues for more than 40 other suspected members of the gang.
But many more remain at large as officers try to establish the real identities of men referred to in court only by nicknames such as Goofy, Ray, Juicy, Arfan, Ali, Manni, Mamma, Pino and Arfan.
The suspected abusers have proved difficult to track down and it is feared some of them have already fled the country.
Old 20-02-2014, 11:38   #606
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...e-girl-3165067

Are we ready to admit this is a recognised problem yet?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 11:46   #607
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Russ, I don't think anyone has stated (well, I haven't, anyway) that this sort of behaviour isn't a problem, and is recognised as such - it's just that the focus on it to the exclusion of the vast majority of sex crimes that is the problem (again, to me, anyway).
Old 20-02-2014, 11:50   #608
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

As sickening as it is. one of the things that stands out about this is the fact that it says taxi drivers turned up in groups. it just goes to show that the problem is known and is seen as normal amongst these people.

can you imagine that this was happening next door to you. you know there's a young girl, or young girls in there. and you see all these people turning up? it wouldn't take you long to work out what is going on.

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Quote:
Russ, I don't think anyone has stated (well, I haven't, anyway) that this sort of behaviour is a problem, and is recognised as such - it's just that the focus on it to the exclusion of the vast majority of sex crimes that is the problem (again, to me, anyway).
You don't think that anyone has said that this is a problem?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 11:56   #609
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Russ, I don't think anyone has stated (well, I haven't, anyway) that this sort of behaviour is a problem, and is recognised as such - it's just that the focus on it to the exclusion of the vast majority of sex crimes that is the problem (again, to me, anyway).
The focus as I see it is that in one particular community (Asian), sex 'street' gangs are prevalent to the point that unless there's a media conspiracy to hush it up, we just don't hear about it from any other community. White Brits can be (and often are) part of any other sort of sex crime but these street gangs never seem to have any. It would appear community leaders, unless Asian themselves refuse to speak out about the problem, citing 'community cohesion' more of a priority.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-02-2014, 12:10   #610
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

**** OF THE EARTH ... All human rights should be removed from these people ...
Could not believe what I was reading especially the bit where a father took his son who was wearing his school uniform at the time. Sick Sick Sick thank goodness they were caught and God love these poor girls ... they will never get over the sickening acts that were forced on them... I hope the men rot in HELL...
Old 20-02-2014, 13:29   #611
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
As sickening as it is. one of the things that stands out about this is the fact that it says taxi drivers turned up in groups. it just goes to show that the problem is known and is seen as normal amongst these people.

can you imagine that this was happening next door to you. you know there's a young girl, or young girls in there. and you see all these people turning up? it wouldn't take you long to work out what is going on.

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

You don't think that anyone has said that this is a problem?
Typo - I meant to type "I don't think anyone doesn't think this is a problem"/

Apologies.
Old 20-02-2014, 13:31   #612
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

And another one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26276101

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-02-2014, 14:07   #613
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Drop them off in the Artic and let the Polar bears decide their fate.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 14:26   #614
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Drop them off in the Artic and let the Polar bears decide their fate.
could not have said better myself...
Old 20-02-2014, 14:42   #615
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

That sort of punishment should of course apply to any sex offender.

Vote #AnyoneButTory