Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I've lost my sound!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I've lost my sound!

Old 06-09-2009, 10:58   #61
Sir John Luke
Inactive

Sir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful one
Re: I've lost my sound!

Found this via Google. No idea if it will work though.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...audio-problem/
Sir John Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2009, 11:00   #62
zing_deleted

I think you have the correct driver installed now. Open the realtek audio manager make sure speakers is selected. Then try to unplug and plug back in your speaker jack

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

on the right hand side speakers that are being recognized are in bold none recognized are pale
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11   #63
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Situation at the moment. Have taken the side of the computer to find out make of Motherboard, I am wondering if this is the number, looks like ECS AMD690GM-M2 REV:1.OA. Does that help?

Can I put the side back on the computer now? Was the number OK? I will also post a photo of the available jacks/ports for the speakers, if you can tell me which one to use for best results, I'd be very grateful.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:13   #64
zing_deleted

yes put the side back on
Old 06-09-2009, 11:38   #65
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

OK I'm all wired up and ready to go. Here is the photo of the jacks/plugs which one, or should I just try them all in succession? Sorry poor picture quality.

S3700002.JPG
Old 06-09-2009, 12:38   #66
Tinky
To err is human

Update, have tried all the jacks, and tried uninstalling/reinstalling the speakers and Realtek HD Audio manager, nothing works, even though speakers are highlighted. Will have a look at SJL's download suggestion.

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

Tried the speakers on my other computer, they work perfectly. Also downloaded the Codec pack, no difference. What more can I do?
Old 06-09-2009, 18:00   #67
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Update, have tried all the jacks, and tried uninstalling/reinstalling the speakers and Realtek HD Audio manager, nothing works, even though speakers are highlighted. Will have a look at SJL's download suggestion.

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

Tried the speakers on my other computer, they work perfectly. Also downloaded the Codec pack, no difference. What more can I do?
The jack for standard stereo speakers would be the pale green one.

Have you been into the 'Realtek HD audio manager' & checked you have speakers set as the default playback device (orange tick) & they are set as 'stereo' ?
Old 06-09-2009, 19:11   #68
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
The jack for standard stereo speakers would be the pale green one.

Have you been into the 'Realtek HD audio manager' & checked you have speakers set as the default playback device (orange tick) & they are set as 'stereo' ?
Thanks for that Gaz. I have tried each and every jack, none work. The speakers are set as deafult and 'stereo'. How would it be if I did a system restore or uninstalled SP2 I am now verging on desperation.
Old 06-09-2009, 19:13   #69
zing_deleted

it is a bit of a nightmare. Do you have a restore partition? ifit was my machine I would reformat myself and start again. I am concerned that uninstalling sp2 will not acheive anything but you may well have to try it. Back up before you uninstall it
Old 06-09-2009, 19:23   #70
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Tinky, have a look here

Have a look at the picture of the device manager at the top of the page. Do you see anything like that in yours when you expand it?
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 19:24   #71
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
it is a bit of a nightmare. Do you have a restore partition? ifit was my machine I would reformat myself and start again. I am concerned that uninstalling sp2 will not acheive anything but you may well have to try it. Back up before you uninstall it
Hate to admit it Zing, but can't recollect ever doing a backup. Back up to disk and what to back up?.... and yes it is a nightmare, I have now resurrected my old PC. What is a restore partition? do you mean a restore point? and what is a reformat?
Old 06-09-2009, 19:39   #72
zing_deleted

recovery partition would enable you to reset to factory defaults reformat would be doing it from scratch
Old 06-09-2009, 19:49   #73
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
recovery partition would enable you to reset to factory defaults reformat would be doing it from scratch
No disrespect Zing, what is easy for you being a clever bloke like what you are lol, is a complete no no for the likes of me. I wouldn't know a recovery partition from a recovery position, if it hit me in the face. System restore is looking favourite at the moment, after all I have tried everything else.
Old 06-09-2009, 19:53   #74
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

"After a recent Windows update driver some Vista systems including mine are having problems with HDMI sound hardware. The Sound device in the device Manager properties says “This device cannot start. (Code 10)” and the following problem icon appears:"

http://www.we-u.com/?p=499&wscr=1280x1024
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 20:01   #75
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post
"After a recent Windows update driver some Vista systems including mine are having problems with HDMI sound hardware. The Sound device in the device Manager properties says “This device cannot start. (Code 10)” and the following problem icon appears:"

http://www.we-u.com/?p=499&wscr=1280x1024
Thanks Dave for that, I've done the Codec thing also, what haven't I tried? Will have to chance a system restore, need to have my sound.