Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I've lost my sound!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I've lost my sound!

Old 05-09-2009, 12:41   #31
zing_deleted

Re: I've lost my sound!

its the big thing right at the bottom with everything else plugged into it. turn the pc off there should be 2 screws ( in most circumstances) then you are looking for a model number on the PCB . Was the cp built by someone or is it a shop brand ie pcworld if it is whats the whole PC model number either on the back or on the case at the front..

I did not sigh
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2009, 12:46   #32
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

whenever i had the issue that you are saying it was because my soundcard drivers messed up, then i had to take the souncard out and go back to the onboard soundcard.

on the screenshot that you gave with the speakers and headphones saying not available have you tried, disabling the digital out option and seeing if that will then let you select the headphones.

what is the make and model number of the pc if you bought it from a shop, it should have the make on the front and possibly the model if not it will be on the one of the sides somewhere.

dont uninstall sp2 yet as that might not fix the issue.
Attached Images
File Type: png dis.png (62.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-09-2009, 12:48   #33
Sir John Luke
Inactive

Sir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful one

If it's the E-Machines 620 (mentioned by DaiNasty in a previous 'Tinky' thread), there are some drivers here to try.

http://driverscollection.com/?file_c...45c30b5ce4a616
Sir John Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 14:02   #34
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
And another thing what does a Motherboard look like? I know, I can hear you sighing from here lol!
Not me - my knowledge of PCs is about as extensive as my knowledge of Tibetan cuisine..
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 14:04   #35
Sir John Luke
Inactive

Sir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful oneSir John Luke is the helpful one

Any help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_cuisine
Old 05-09-2009, 16:35   #36
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Looks like it's an ECS mobo..

Motherboard ID 03/16/2007-RS690-SB600-6A669E19C-00
Motherboard Name ECS AMD690GM-M2 (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir John Luke View Post
If it's the E-Machines 620 (mentioned by DaiNasty in a previous 'Tinky' thread), there are some drivers here to try.

http://driverscollection.com/?file_c...45c30b5ce4a616
I believe that was the sister's machine.
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 16:42   #37
Sir John Luke
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post

Motherboard Name ECS AMD690GM-M2 (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
In that case

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Dow...nuID=6&LanID=0
Old 05-09-2009, 16:58   #38
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

I believe that was the sister's machine.
didnt think to google the code lol lol
Old 05-09-2009, 20:17   #39
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir John Luke View Post
The E Machine was my sis-in law's. What is it you want me to download from the link SJL?
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 20:23   #40
zing_deleted

the top one realtek audio driver
Old 05-09-2009, 20:28   #41
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Tried that one Zing this is what I got.

Capture.JPG
Old 05-09-2009, 20:41   #42
homealone

Quote:
Tried that one Zing this is what I got.

Attachment 18694
looks like you got the wrong link, Tinky

this should be the one

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Dow...eaid=3&LanID=0
Old 05-09-2009, 20:54   #43
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
looks like you got the wrong link, Tinky

this should be the one

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Dow...eaid=3&LanID=0
Downloaded that Gaz, but when I open it it has a list of things, which one do I click on?

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Ok spotted the option to extract all files, did that but nothing has happened.
Old 05-09-2009, 20:59   #44
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

You want to open Setup
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 21:08   #45
homealone

Quote:
Downloaded that Gaz, but when I open it it has a list of things, which one do I click on?

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Ok spotted the option to extract all files, did that but nothing has happened.
you need to go into the device manager, drop down the 'sound video & game controllers' section (you did this earlier to post a screen shot)

- then right click on the 'realtek high definition audio' device & choose 'update driver'.

You then point the next bit to where the driver files you downloaded were extracted to & it should update the drivers.