Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New V+ install - what should be done before tech leaves

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

STB Loss of Now and Next Info

Old 27-12-2007, 14:51   #1
Impz2002
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media DTV Constant 20mb XL Broadband
Impz2002 is just really niceImpz2002 is just really niceImpz2002 is just really niceImpz2002 is just really niceImpz2002 is just really niceImpz2002 is just really nice
STB Loss of Now and Next Info

Hi,

One of my STB's has an intermittent issue where it forgets all the schedule info for programs. When i press TV it displays the Now and Next Bar but instead of the programme info it just says "No Programme Information". The only way to remedy this is to do a hard reset of the STB and it then starts to work again. This happens once every 1-2 days and is quite annoying as i want to sit down to watch TV but i don't know what is on until i have reset the STB.

Also i cannot get the STB to display the programme information box. i highlight a programme either on the now and next bar or in the actual TV guide and press the i button on the remote but nothing ever comes up on the screen. i am not sure if these two problems are linked ?

I rang VM and got through to India and was told someone would ring me back and i am still waiting for this call 6 days later !

The STB is an old Pace one from the NTL days.

Anyone got any idea's or a Fix ?

Impz
Impz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-12-2007, 18:06   #2
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: STB Loss of Now and Next Info

I always suffered that problem all the years I had cable DTV. It never got fixed so I got Sky+. No problems now.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 18:10   #3
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: STB Loss of Now and Next Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz2002 View Post
Hi,

One of my STB's has an intermittent issue where it forgets all the schedule info for programs. When i press TV it displays the Now and Next Bar but instead of the programme info it just says "No Programme Information". The only way to remedy this is to do a hard reset of the STB and it then starts to work again. This happens once every 1-2 days and is quite annoying as i want to sit down to watch TV but i don't know what is on until i have reset the STB.

Also i cannot get the STB to display the programme information box. i highlight a programme either on the now and next bar or in the actual TV guide and press the i button on the remote but nothing ever comes up on the screen. i am not sure if these two problems are linked ?

I rang VM and got through to India and was told someone would ring me back and i am still waiting for this call 6 days later !

The STB is an old Pace one from the NTL days.

Anyone got any idea's or a Fix ?

Impz
This happened every morning on my old pace box. Not happened since i got it replaced with a samsung after the modem blew out on the pace. fingers crossed
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote