Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Right hand, left hand.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Right hand, left hand.

Old 14-08-2011, 17:45   #16
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: Right hand, left hand.

I am right handed now..was left handed
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2011, 18:24   #17
ferretuk
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Unlimited FTTC
ferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpackferretuk has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
If I was you I would look for the best offering in your area.
I'd also recommend that the OP uses this opportunity to make a non-ISP specific email address their primary one so any future moves between ISPs doesn't force an address change.
ferretuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 18:34   #18
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretuk View Post
I'd also recommend that the OP uses this opportunity to make a non-ISP specific email address their primary one so any future moves between ISPs doesn't force an address change.
good sound advice.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 21:53   #19
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
No way will I take a pop at you guys; I admire the work you put in here. But you need to get a more effective set up. It's not good that a long time customer might leave because you can't provide services under one umbrella.

I agree that it would be a 'misleading' comment to say cable and National are 2 different companies but who said that? I referred to '2 entities' and you referred to '2 platforms'. The point is the 2 entities/platforms operate independently. They may have the same back end staff and the name Virgin as their branding but as per the title of this thread, the right hand and left hand don't seem to be working together.

Grateful to everyone for their comments. It looks like, in the absence of any incentive, I have to look at the deals provided by others.

Is that what the VM boss really wants?
Ok, not quite .. they run off the same network, they use the same provisioning platform and share a wide variety of subsystems and network similarities. The problem is, they were two different companies and without changing the way things work, massively expensive (customer would end up paying) the synchronization has to be done slowly.

There are many projects running to address all the issues customers report, they have this kind of thing and are trying to find sensible business solutions, that don't cost silly money.

For VM having one team, one network and one company is perfect, its something to aim for.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 09:06   #20
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretuk View Post
Yep, already done but thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
Ok, not quite .. they run off the same network, they use the same provisioning platform and share a wide variety of subsystems and network similarities. The problem is, they were two different companies and without changing the way things work, massively expensive (customer would end up paying) the synchronization has to be done slowly.

There are many projects running to address all the issues customers report, they have this kind of thing and are trying to find sensible business solutions, that don't cost silly money.

For VM having one team, one network and one company is perfect, its something to aim for.
Fair enough. Please understand my frustration comes from having to move away from services that have always...erm...served me well.

Ah well, *sigh* I'll stop bleating about it
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 19:56   #21
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yep, already done but thanks.

Fair enough. Please understand my frustration comes from having to move away from services that have always...erm...served me well.

Ah well, *sigh* I'll stop bleating about it
What does your email address end in ?

@Virgin.net or @Virginmedia.com ?
Old 16-08-2011, 21:14   #22
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Training .. pfff
When I was at ntl, my training generally amounted to "here's a login..."
Old 16-08-2011, 21:28   #23
Nopanic
Inactive

you got log ins ? spoilt ..
Old 17-08-2011, 02:32   #24
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
What does your email address end in ?

@Virgin.net or @Virginmedia.com ?
@ntlworld.com
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 06:48   #25
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
@ntlworld.com
ah sorry wrong way round

You have PM