Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 06-05-2012, 14:13   #241
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

How long does it take them to provision package changes over the phone? I rang on Friday evening and changed my existing package to the Premiere collection, arranged for the guy to come and install the extra box, etc etc. However my Superhub is still receiving a 30mbit config even after multiple reboots, my package still shows as the legacy one online, there is no orders under the 'Track my orders' section, nothing.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2012, 14:23   #242
spark001uk
Inactive

spark001uk is an unknown quantity at this point

You're doing the same as me mate, and I thought exactly the same as you! However, the new package only starts from when they do the extra box install, and that applies to the speed increase also.
spark001uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 19:43   #243
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Good to know, I thought they had cocked it up. Last few times I changed package it happened instantly.
Old 06-05-2012, 23:51   #244
theflyingdodo
Inactive

theflyingdodo is an unknown quantity at this point

I can confirm that the broadband speed change happens when the 'installation' takes place.
theflyingdodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:24   #245
spark001uk
Inactive

spark001uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
Good to know, I thought they had cocked it up. Last few times I changed package it happened instantly.
The only time virgin do anything instantly is take their money!!
spark001uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 11:21   #246
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

read through the thread, anyone care to help me clarify/confirm a few things before i call them ?

current package is triple xl with a v+ box and a v box in the bedroom, that comes to 62.56 at the moment (we'll ignore the 13.90 for the purposes of this)

i'm looking at one of two options - basically moving to the essential or premiere collection

assume i can move my v+ box to the bedroom and get the tivo installed on the premiere and that would come out at 45 a month ? with my broadband jumping from 30 to 60 ?

the essential seems to only allow for one box but i'd still want the v+ in the bedroom, would this just be an extra charge on top of the 25 and if so how much ? or would i just not be able to get that package, and would my broadband stay at 30 given i'm supposed to be getting a free upgrade to 60 any day now anyway

i think thats all my questions, hope that makes some sense to somebody

cheers
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2012, 11:27   #247
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

We were on XL TV and BB 30 with V+ and VHD. I called retentions and got a Tivo, kept the V+ and an early BB doubling to 60. Same price £45.00 plus the £13.90 obviously. So happy with the deal. New 12 month contract was necessary.
Old 17-05-2012, 11:33   #248
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

cheers, seems fair

anyone any advice on dropping to the essential collection ? basically feel like like i wouldnt miss the channels (especially now football/nba is ending on espn for a while) but would want to keep the second box
Old 17-05-2012, 16:36   #249
pengedragon
cf.addict

worked out that i wouldnt be saving very much at all essentially dropping down to m tv so called up for premiere collection

tivo coming saturday, no install fee
Old 17-05-2012, 16:43   #250
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Sorry, I didn't say that earlier. That's what we did. Changed to premiere with no install fee. I should have said so at the time. If you have broadband with the Superhub and it's working at the moment then don't let them swap the SH for another. They seem to vary
Old 17-05-2012, 17:00   #251
pengedragon
cf.addict

yeah already have a superhub which is fine so they are going nowhere near it
Old 20-05-2012, 09:45   #252
boragthung
Inactive

boragthung is an unknown quantity at this point

How come everyone seems to be able to upgrade to Premiere with no install fee? I had 10 BB, TV XL with a V+ for just under 50 quid a month. When I rang retentions up to arrange some kind of upgrade or price drop I would have had the Premiere but they insisted I had to pay the £50 install fee, which I couldn't afford. I couldn't negotiate any cost cuts either. So instead all I did was upgrade to 60 BB and now pay £52.40.
boragthung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 10:14   #253
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

The install fee is for the Tivo I think? - they waived the fee on my upgrade to Premiere, which I thought was odd as they still had to come out, triple-split the cable and wire it up the wall into the upstairs room, and install & check the V HD box. Odd.
Old 20-05-2012, 11:22   #254
Sherlock Holmes
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 60MB XL Broadband, XL TV with TiVo, XL phone.
Sherlock Holmes is on a distinguished roadSherlock Holmes is on a distinguished road

I just mentioned that new customers get the install for free and asked if I could also get it for free as a loyal customer of 14 years. The nice lady at retentions said yes!
Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 11:31   #255
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
I just mentioned that new customers get the install for free and asked if I could also get it for free as a loyal customer of 14 years. The nice lady at retentions said yes!
Thats great news Sherlock.