Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media revamps its bundles

Old 19-04-2012, 21:32   #196
spark001uk
Inactive

spark001uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media revamps its bundles

I'm glad i found this thread, I've been looking for people in a similar boat to me. I've just moved house, previously had only 10mb bb. I agreed to take all 3 services on at new address (provided they gave me a good deal), so they gave me: 30mb bb, XL tv, and M phone. Cost is £18.40 for 3 months, then £58.40. Which was ok i guess, that is until i saw the website, offering the "premiere collection" for virtually the same price all bar 50p, giving 60mb bb instead of 30, XL tv, M phone, AND a free V HD box for another room. So i can't help feeling a bit short changed!! But i've started the existing package now, so there's probably not a lot I can do now is there?
spark001uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2012, 22:05   #197
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes there is - you can phone up and get the Premiere Collection. Doesn't matter when you started your existing contract, it will just reset when you get the new deal
Old 19-04-2012, 22:18   #198
spark001uk
Inactive

Ok cool, will do that, thanks for the advice. With regards to the bb speed though, that's a bit of a grey area too so far, in that when i've spoken to them about a quoted speed on a package on the website, they don't seem to know whether that speed is before or after the upcoming speed doubling!
Old 19-04-2012, 22:19   #199
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If My VM says L then it's after, if it says XL then it's before - L is 30Mbit on the new tiers, XL is 60
Old 19-04-2012, 22:28   #200
spark001uk
Inactive

Well that's what i thought, my VM says L, and that i'm up and running on a double speed package. Yet the girl i spoke to says that's a mistake, i was given a free upgrade to 30, which will increase later in the year to 60, and that i should ignore what it says on my VM. Confusing eh!
Old 19-04-2012, 23:05   #201
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

So I'd definately go for the Premiere collection, as it's definately better value for you
Old 19-04-2012, 23:07   #202
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark001uk View Post
Well that's what i thought, my VM says L, and that i'm up and running on a double speed package. Yet the girl i spoke to says that's a mistake, i was given a free upgrade to 30, which will increase later in the year to 60, and that i should ignore what it says on my VM. Confusing eh!
Ben is correct.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 09:25   #203
spark001uk
Inactive

Ok that's great. And they won't try telling me it's only for new customers I hope!?
Old 20-04-2012, 10:02   #204
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Shouldn't do
Old 20-04-2012, 11:30   #205
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Ben, does £108.71 sound right for VIP 100 with the additional box being a TiVo?
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 12:28   #206
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Yes - the current VIP Collection with two TiVo boxes would be £108.90
Old 20-04-2012, 14:50   #207
kafui
Inactive

Services: Services:Virgin Media XL Broadband,500GB TiVo box, XL TV and M Phone
kafui is an unknown quantity at this point

@BenMcr just been told that i cannot upgrade to VIP100 because:
1.At the moment i have a 500gb TIVO and am willing to swap and pay for 1TB box but i do not need a second box but virgin insist i have to take one. I live in a 1 bedroom flat and do not have a second TV to accomodate this PVR.
Now i see this as loss of earnings to virginmedia as am willing to pay the subscriptions.
I was not told this intially when i enquired a couple of weeks ago.What options have i got now as i am on XL TV,30MB AND M phone?
kafui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 15:17   #208
spark001uk
Inactive

Just been on phone, they agreed to give me the premiere collection, although they did have to apply the install charge for the benefit of the extra hd box. I did complain at that, as i felt it a bit much considering the other services are already installed, to which the guy offered me it for half price (£25).
Old 20-04-2012, 15:19   #209
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafui View Post
@BenMcr just been told that i cannot upgrade to VIP100 because:
1.At the moment i have a 500gb TIVO and am willing to swap and pay for 1TB box but i do not need a second box but virgin insist i have to take one. I live in a 1 bedroom flat and do not have a second TV to accomodate this PVR.
Now i see this as loss of earnings to virginmedia as am willing to pay the subscriptions.
I was not told this intially when i enquired a couple of weeks ago.What options have i got now as i am on XL TV,30MB AND M phone?
It's not that it's a loss of subscription, it's that the Collection is what it is - it comes with a second box

If you don't want a second box, then you'll have to build your services up to not include it
Old 20-04-2012, 15:37   #210
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes - the current VIP Collection with two TiVo boxes would be £108.90
19p discount! Better than nothing, thanks for your time Ben.
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote