Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Huawei Echolife HG532

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Huawei Echolife HG532

Old 03-12-2011, 21:18   #1
Eastwall
Inactive

Eastwall is an unknown quantity at this point
Huawei Echolife HG532

I'm having trouble with this router regarding using my phones media server and the Skifta app on my phone . I have a Sony media player and it will not recognise the above.
Eastwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2011, 17:19   #2
Eastwall
Inactive

Re: Huawei Echolife HG532

Hello!!! Anybody out there? Please ; )
Old 05-12-2011, 18:19   #3
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

I think it might have MAC filtering on or something. Unless you've set it up manually your way and not TalkTalks way I'm pretty sure I've seen a friends as unprotected but it is with some form of filtering going on. To be honest with you I don't have a clue as I've never been with them and the hardware they ship out sucks, neither have I properly had a look within the web interface. have you called talktalk support?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 19:35   #4
Eastwall
Inactive

Thanks for the reply, The mac filtering is switched off. All the settings seem ok. I'm gonna ring Talktalks fibre optic team tomorrow and see if they can send me another type of router.
Old 05-12-2011, 19:45   #5
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

fibre optic? out of curiosity what speeds do you receive?
Old 05-12-2011, 19:51   #6
Eastwall
Inactive

On average anywhere between 37 up to 40Mp.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:00   #7
thenry
Inactive

good for you
Old 06-12-2011, 18:56   #8
Eastwall
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwall View Post
Thanks for the reply, The mac filtering is switched off. All the settings seem ok. I'm gonna ring Talktalks fibre optic team tomorrow and see if they can send me another type of router.

Rang technical help today,told me to try a couple of things to help solve it,never worked so rang them back, different guy said problem was out of their scope and because the router was working ok they wouldn't replace it, Told me to google up advice on port forwarding
Old 06-12-2011, 18:59   #9
thenry
Inactive

ok in full what are you trying to connect and how far you getting ?
Old 06-12-2011, 19:52   #10
Eastwall
Inactive

The same as in my first post really mate.