Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 28-02-2012, 13:29   #811
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
I agree with this posting

I think VM's obsession with superfast broadband may also be their undoing. I think it would be safe to say that for the vast majority of people a reliable 10Mb or 30Mb service would suffice for most needs.

i agree most customers 70 -80% take the 10mg bb
Im not interested in 100 -200 300mg BB 10mg is plenty for me

Virgin is investing all their money in broadband not tv most people would like to see more Channels better content more HD Channels

also the tivo £3 charge should have been scraped

Tivo,Hoping to get all customers on this great format.
What do they do up the price?£3 should have been dropped not increased,Total suicide !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This money doesnt go to vm it goes to tivo for managing the software fixing the metadata getting the images for each program. your lucky we dont pay as much as the american tivo fee which is $19.99
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-02-2012, 12:40   #812
jpa
Inactive

jpa is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just had a letter from our dear friends at Virgin to say that prices will go up by £4.25 a month , with no explanation at all!!
We have VIP 50 plus 3 V+ boxes in the house , has anyone had a breakdown of what is actually going up?
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 13:33   #813
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpa View Post
I have just had a letter from our dear friends at Virgin to say that prices will go up by £4.25 a month , with no explanation at all!!
We have VIP 50 plus 3 V+ boxes in the house , has anyone had a breakdown of what is actually going up?
I'm on VIP50 and no extra boxes and still going up £4.25 so count yourself lucky.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 13:37   #814
jpa
Inactive

jpa is an unknown quantity at this point

Just phoned Virgin Media about the price increase and they will not give any reduction at all. If i was to reduce services by taking off Movies and reducing Broadband speed to 30mb from 50mb it would only put the price down by £4 a month as we are on VIP50. So as usual Virgin have us over a barrel, just wish there was a better alternative except for SKY (who i detest). The price increase is made up of the £2 for XL Tv and £2.25 for the broaband!!!
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 15:02   #815
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpa View Post
. If i was to reduce services by taking off Movies and reducing Broadband speed to 30mb from 50mb it would only put the price down by £4 a month as we are on VIP50. So as usual Virgin have us over a barrel,
It's always the case with bundles. But that is also good because it means we are getting good discounts for buying bundles.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 16:51   #816
TonyHoyle
Inactive

TonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about themTonyHoyle has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
I'm on VIP50 and no extra boxes and still going up £4.25 so count yourself lucky.
I'm on M+ and no broadband and I'm going up £4.50 so *you* count yourself lucky
TonyHoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 15:57   #817
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

Three days, no posts. Does this mean everyone has now just accepted the rise, cancelled or complained and got it offset with a discount from Customer Retentions?

Many thanks

MrB
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 16:16   #818
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Mine went up 25p, ragin,
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 16:29   #819
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
Three days, no posts. Does this mean everyone has now just accepted the rise, cancelled or complained and got it offset with a discount from Customer Retentions?

Many thanks

MrB
I cancelled TV.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 16:47   #820
Elijah Bailey
Inactive

Elijah Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: TV price rises

With a £4.50 increase, I took a look at what I actually used and I realised the VIP30 package was more than I need.

I spoke to a great guy in retentions who could not do enough the help me and deduct the services I do not use (like Sky Movies and unlimited calls etc.) and help to reduce my bill.

He checked and pointed out I was barely using my 30mb broadband and I should consider downgrading to 10mb as my area is speed doubling this month to 20mb.

I cannot believe it has taken a price rise for me to actually take a look at what I pay for compared to what I actually use.
Elijah Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 16:54   #821
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Mine went up 25p, ragin,
Staff rates rise.

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah Bailey View Post
With a £4.50 increase, I took a look at what I actually used and I realised the VIP30 package was more than I need.

I spoke to a great guy in retentions who could not do enough the help me and deduct the services I do not use (like Sky Movies and unlimited calls etc.) and help to reduce my bill.

He checked and pointed out I was barely using my 30mb broadband and I should consider downgrading to 10mb as my area is speed doubling this month to 20mb.

I cannot believe it has taken a price rise for me to actually take a look at what I pay for compared to what I actually use.
You have done the right thing the vip packages are very good value but only if you use them.!

Before christmas i ordered TiVo and with a new 12 month contract was able to save £7 a month after they said i could save money mind you with the rise they have just clawed back £3..50 of that.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:06   #822
db133
Inactive

db133 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post

Many thanks

MrB
A 'saga' on a Forum. I thinks it is a Forum is it not ?
db133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:25   #823
daggman
Inactive

Services: 30MB broadband XL, thats all now after Price rises and F1 for 22.50, so sky tv for me.
daggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of lightdaggman is a glorious beacon of light

i did cancel tv and telephone, but retentions rang me on friday offering me £60 credit and let me have the sky sports collection for £15 extra so i can watch F1.
daggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:49   #824
hodgie99
Inactive

Services: XL TV SKY SPORTS AND MOVIES PREMIUM HD TIVO & V+HD Boxes LBB AND M PHONE
hodgie99 has a spectacular aura about themhodgie99 has a spectacular aura about themhodgie99 has a spectacular aura about themhodgie99 has a spectacular aura about them

Well mine was going up £3.50 phone retentions put my bb up to 30mb new large bb wot they can give just won't get doubled added sports to my package with a increase of£5 on what I'm paying now instead of £13.50 as I was going to add sports for the f1 so I happy
hodgie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 17:25   #825
db133
Inactive

db133 is an unknown quantity at this point

db133 is offline   Reply With Quote