Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Pirate Bay is blocked

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Pirate Bay is blocked

Old 25-06-2012, 11:48   #796
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
Re: The Pirate Bay is blocked

I was a very regular reader but since leaving work I haven't had the same amount of spare time for that sort of thing so I can't read the whole lot like I used to.

There is an Android (and probably iPhone) app which lets you dip in and grab a few when you have the time to spare so I use that now.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-06-2012, 18:16   #797
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

FYI this weeks Computer active tells you who to legally bypass blocked sites
Old 25-06-2012, 18:30   #798
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Yeah. I noticed that too
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 18:44   #799
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

The team is discussing this matter in the moderator area of the forum and we'll get back to you on how we will proceed.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 19:18   #800
toonlight
cf.addict

Location: On the highest mountian, looking into your bedroom wondering..hehe
Services: B/B VM100 (MB)
toonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the roughtoonlight is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I see that BT have finally blocked TPB
Yes the ISP's are just puppets to the government wishes that's hows it's been; the government tells them to jump- the ISP's ask how high! Since if the ISP's what to operate in the EU which has been run by bankers from the start, you get no elected choice there/here....just do as they see fit. It's all the amount pound signs they can gather, not the peoples wishes/views...it's doesn't help with corrupt courts in the first place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kram View Post
Just use a VPN, problem solved!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjf288 View Post
I've read in several magazines that circumventing the block is not in itself illegal so it's just a moderation thing/cable forum policy
Well it all down to how you see it, the reason in the first place for the push for the ban was media industry finding that PTB had better system from top to bottom plus revue market plan from the start. Basically you had two sides one that thrives on pure greed the other (PTB) had a fair balanced plan that works for both sides no one lost out - the modern media industry laugh at it; then found out otherwise very soon after even to this day for their earlier choice their revue model is still didn't work after all this time, more in the latter years !

On the other hand it's just as easy to bypass the block (PTB) just go to the pirate party web site > click on the proxy link (UK'rs) Do note no link posted, if anybody didn't know the link already
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I have been reading that site (and it's other variants) on and off all day. "Hilarious" doesn't begin cover it!
Good point, even it was good read as the ISP user admitted his own guilt to the CS rep in the phone, how low can one go, then again the ones that lose out others gain in there place. Where there one there will be much more mee thinks. (if the cap fits....wear it !)

Peace out
Toonlight
toonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 20:50   #801
johnholmes
Inactive

johnholmes is an unknown quantity at this point

Digital Spy allows discussion on this area.
johnholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 01:03   #802
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

(Some posts removed)

This is not a discussion on how certain previously suspended users think the site is moderated, get over it and back to the topic please.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 22:34   #803
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Is TPB down?
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 22:40   #804
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Is TPB down?
yeah ,probably just maintenance ,it was fine an hour ago
Old 30-06-2012, 22:44   #805
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:58   #806
zer0
Inactive

Services: 60mbit
zer0 is on a distinguished roadzer0 is on a distinguished road

apparently their server crashed due to a Debian Linux bug (addition of leap seconds)
zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 21:02   #807
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

http://torrentfreak.com/isp-bittorre...ockade-120705/
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 16:15   #808
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

An update.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19457334

Quote:
One of the founders of the popular file-sharing Pirate Bay website, has been arrested in Cambodia, the local police have announced.
Gottfrid Svartholm Warg was held in Phnom Penh after an international warrant was issued against him in April by his native Sweden.
Sweden acted after he had failed to show up for the start of his one-year jail term for copyright violations
Old 02-09-2012, 17:44   #809
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
They will put him in jail but the website he started is still going strong and is still growing in size, it is still fully accessible on all the major isps with the use of a small amount of intelligence. The money that has so far been spent on failing to shut down that website is a joke, money which could be spent on better things i am sure.

BTW i don't use the pirate bay as its an open tracker and there for insecure.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 19:11   #810
mike7
Inactive

mike7 will become famous soon enoughmike7 will become famous soon enoughmike7 will become famous soon enough

Having come back to this thread after a long break I find it interesting that so many people would seem to feel I would be in the right if I broke into their homes and stole their property. Taking something that isn't yours is THEFT in my book and there is no justification to prove otherwise.
mike7 is offline   Reply With Quote