Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 13:01   #106
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Boy View Post
My Channel 4 HD info is from an Virgin Media insider and they told me not post they infomation.
Can you drop any hint? Is it good news or bad news for subscribers, or is that also giving too much away.

Can you provide a date (and I mean a realistic date - not 'when hell freezes over and VM beats Sky on subscriber numbers' ) when you will be able to tell us?
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2008, 13:04   #107
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sorry but I cant give out any more info.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 07-08-2008, 13:12   #108
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Sorry but I cant give out any more info.
Must be big we wait with baited breath.
Old 07-08-2008, 13:30   #109
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice

Oh well. It was worth a try. I'm not going to try to hold my breath - I'll turn blue.
Old 07-08-2008, 14:04   #110
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

Surely others have hinted at the Channel 4 group contract ending in either October or December and thanks for telling us anyway tvboy.
Old 07-08-2008, 14:28   #111
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Hallmark +1 and Diva TV + 1 not working
Old 07-08-2008, 15:40   #112
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Here is the info I have:

Channel 4 HD - Virgin are trying get it added (No Date given)

Pop Girl and maybe Kilx! is planned for September or October.

Note: Virgin have yet to sign an deal to carry Kix so it might not appear at the same time of Pop Girl.
Old 07-08-2008, 16:05   #113
Gregy
Inactive

Gregy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Here is the info I have:

Channel 4 HD - Virgin are trying get it added (No Date given)

Pop Girl and maybe Kilx! is planned for September or October.

Note: Virgin have yet to sign an deal to carry Kix so it might not appear at the same time of Pop Girl.
So if they are trying to sign a carriage deal for Kix, do you have any information on wheather they are trying to sign any other CSC Media channels such as AnimeCentral/ True Entertainment or True Movies 2?
Old 07-08-2008, 16:08   #114
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

That all I got - sorry
Old 07-08-2008, 19:50   #115
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Here's a copy of one of my postings from DS regarding VM's results today. Maybe of interest here, or not...:

For those that can't be bothered to listen to the webcast, here are a few titbits of news from it. All non-financial as that's been done to death now :

50mb will be stm'd. This has also been confirmed by traxdata over on the Cable Forum who knows about such things.

Analogue TV to be completely shutdown by the end of 2010.

HD - Neil Berkett made a mention of HD, so clearly there will be more of it but who's knows when. Hint: if you get 50mb you may get more than others...

Mobile broadband to be launched at the end of 2008.

I urge all cable anoraks to listen to the webcast, or at least the bit about bandwidth. It was very interesting. Berkett explained how much bandwidth VM have, what's its being used for and when analogue is shut down, how much could be freed up. If you can't be bothered with the webcast, have a look at the slide on its own, pages 12-13 here:

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...esentation.pdf

In that context, two city analysts asked Berkett why he wasn't shutting analogue tv down sooner. Berkett (unconvincingly in my opinion) replied that he didn't want to force migrate 200k valuable customers to digital, but preferred a gradual approach. He explained that he could change the schedule if he wanted. The fact that VM is severely financially constrained, is the reason, I believe, why analogue hasn't been shut down yet.

That's about it.
Old 07-08-2008, 20:40   #116
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

List now update - see post 1

The news on Channel 4 HD, Pop Girl and Kilx will be added on Monday and also ''Did you know?'' will be back on Monday.
Old 07-08-2008, 21:19   #117
Tijer
Inactive

Services: SKY TV, Phone, Internet Xbox 360, PS3, PSP
Tijer will become famous soon enoughTijer will become famous soon enoughTijer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Tijer Send a message via AIM to Tijer Send a message via MSN to Tijer Send a message via Yahoo to Tijer

hallmark and diva +1 no longer here were earlier showing blank screens.... Since they Vanished Dave+1 sounds like they are Daleks!
Old 07-08-2008, 22:12   #118
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

....must be a problem with the headend serving your area. Report the fault to VM. They're working fine in my area, by the way.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:58   #119
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

TV Boy have you heard anything about the chances of VM carrying the new Military History channel?...or is this yet another channel Sky get that we trolls at VM never will.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:11   #120
huxleypiguk
Inactive

huxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of light

Can't find any info on Kilx! Does anyone have a link ?

Pop Girl looks scary, though my daughter will love it.....
Closed Thread