Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 28-07-2011, 22:30   #1576
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
Incorrect.

Sky provide the content and and Virginmedia with there "closed" network insist they must provide the portal/application to access the content.
Strange then how it was the BBC who developed the iplayer app.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2011, 22:31   #1577
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

sky sports red button news from virgin media help and support forum
from private message
"Re: Football First/Match choice be available via the sky sports red button
Sent: 28-07-2011 22:05
Add user to Friends Ignore user

Sorry but we have no information regarding this at present.

To be honest, we usually find out about these things at the same time as it's announced to our customers."
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 00:34   #1578
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine93 View Post
sky sports red button news from virgin media help and support forum
from private message
"Re: Football First/Match choice be available via the sky sports red button
Sent: 28-07-2011 22:05
Add user to Friends Ignore user

Sorry but we have no information regarding this at present.

To be honest, we usually find out about these things at the same time as it's announced to our customers."
You shouldn't be posting the contents of private messages.
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 18:55   #1579
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Why. Where have Virgin previous stated catagorically that it would be rolled out on the 29th of July

Or as I suspect, are you taking a date that's been rumoured to have been launched, then 'epic failing' Virgin based on a date they never themselves said?

So did red button launch?
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 18:58   #1580
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
The red button just turns the box off? So I am unable to comment on this
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 19:00   #1581
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Well phase 2 has not launched yet and we will see very soon whether it will launch in time for the football season.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
The red button just turns the box off? So I am unable to comment on this
No not that red button.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 19:05   #1582
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

i had it with virgin i am going too sky virgin say we going too have is and that and we have not got it so sorry to i am going to sky
ken1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 19:07   #1583
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1234 View Post
i had it with virgin i am going too sky virgin say we going too have is and that and we have not got it so sorry to i am going to sky
Sorry to see you leave the fold but it is your choice and I hope that it all works out for you as well
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 19:18   #1584
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Let us know how it goes

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 19:21   #1585
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Let us know how it goes
l have always been very loyal to Virgin but for other customers l suspect their patience is wearing thin.
Old 29-07-2011, 19:22   #1586
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have always been very loyal to Virgin but for other customers l suspect their patience is wearing thin.
Indeed

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 19:26   #1587
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I am with you, if i wasn't at sky already, i would walk out with you.

But...if it helps...I would have
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 19:32   #1588
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

The red button problem with VM and the promises they make, and the 'promise' that the red button will be available for the football season is a load of pony.

This is why l stick with Sky, l was seriously considering going fully yo VM for the sports, everything, but they cannot gurrantee the red button for the football, so l will stick with Sky.

I have been with them since analogue days and so far, they have been pretty good, yes l do pay a lot of money for Sky - but they keep there promises.

I have a funny feeling that the RED BUTTON will only be available and selective for the football and not the FOOTBALL TONIGHT item that l like.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 19:33   #1589
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press..._formula_1.htm

It would appear the F1 will end up with red button coverage.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 19:36   #1590
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
The red button problem with VM and the promises they make, and the 'promise' that the red button will be available for the football season is a load of pony.

This is why l stick with Sky, l was seriously considering going fully yo VM for the sports, everything, but they cannot gurrantee the red button for the football, so l will stick with Sky.

I have been with them since analogue days and so far, they have been pretty good, yes l do pay a lot of money for Sky - but they keep there promises.

I have a funny feeling that the RED BUTTON will only be available and selective for the football and not the FOOTBALL TONIGHT item that l like.
Well we shall see soon Arthur.