Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

Old 25-03-2015, 06:41   #181
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts
Re: Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday

If they had kept Clarkson i was going to declare a national lamp a co-worker day.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2015, 07:08   #182
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

If he did actually assault the producer then the BBC don't really have a choice.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 07:58   #183
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Yes if its true they sacked him then its RIP Top Gear. I feel Hammond and May will give the BBC the finger. As for any new episodes i will not be watching them if there is no Clarkson.

---------- Post added at 07:58 ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
According to the Telegraph, Clarkson is to be sacked. Apparently, he will be sacked and the remaining episodes will be aired as normal, with Chris Evans stepping in.

If true, then wonder what Hammond and May will do, as they refused to carry on with the last shows without Clarkson, so will they remain loyal or let money do the talking?

The article is heavy on rumour.
One would hope they remain loyal and stick a finger up at the BBC.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 08:29   #184
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

He has not been sacked. BBC have confirmed, no decision has been made.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s265/...p7VFSrNEpbRFD6
Old 25-03-2015, 08:46   #185
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I wish they would hurry up. The matter should be simple. Did Clarkson assault the man? If so then he should be fired. If not then, depending how serious the verbal 'fracas' was, no.
Old 25-03-2015, 09:03   #186
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I wish they would hurry up. The matter should be simple. Did Clarkson assault the man? If so then he should be fired. If not then, depending how serious the verbal 'fracas' was, no.
I wonder how long they are going to stretch this out.

Old 25-03-2015, 09:43   #187
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

I heard that the man who does the sums is still on holiday in Spain.

and he took the calculator with him.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 11:05   #188
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You really do ignore the FACTS fon't you Arthur.

clarkson himself reported the incident and NOT the producer.

The producer has never logged a complaint or reported what happened.

Also the FACTS have still not been made public, so its still speculation at the moment. I highly doubt that there was any punches thrown or anything else for that matter.

The show would not survive or continue WITHOUT Clarkson.
The fact that Clarkson reported the incident and the Police don't seem to be involved would suggest to me that he probably just shouted at the producer, not actually hit him. There seems to be a group at the BBC that wants Clarkson out (after all, how would the papers have got access to the recording of him saying the N word?), and I have no doubt that if they had evidence, or even reasonable suspicion of violence, they would have encouraged the producer to go to the Police, and the Police would now be looking into it. Even though the Police can't confirm or deny who they have in custody, they normally release a vague statement along the lines of "We are questioning a 54 year old man in connection with a possible assault". AFAIK, We've had no such statement.

Don't get me wrong. I don't know what happened any more than anyone else here, but the fact that Clarkson himself reported it to the BBC, and no further action appears to have been taken since either by the Police or the BBC suggests that it's not as bad as been made out.

I could be wrong, though.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 11:59   #189
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

That's what I thought, if an assault had taken place then it would be reported to the police. Nobody would cover up an assault.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 14:17   #190
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

GONE
Old 25-03-2015, 14:19   #191
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Hopefully we'll see what actually happened now. The BBC's statement says the staff member went to A&E so if was that serious you do wonder why the police aren't involved.
Old 25-03-2015, 14:25   #192
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Hopefully we'll see what actually happened now. The BBC's statement says the staff member went to A&E so if was that serious you do wonder why the police aren't involved.
I am hoping Hammond and May tell the BBC to go forth in short jerky movements, that will create the biggest lose for the BBC.

Old 25-03-2015, 14:26   #193
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

That said the BBC has claimed there were witnesses who confirmed it was a physical assault, that Clarkson didn't deny it and provided no one else who would say otherwise.
Old 25-03-2015, 14:30   #194
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Now comes the bidding war for Clarkson.
Old 25-03-2015, 14:31   #195
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
That said the BBC has claimed there were witnesses who confirmed it was a physical assault, that Clarkson didn't deny it and provided no one else who would say otherwise.
If it was he hit the producer then he should be sacked, however i have said i would hope that Hammond and May tell the BBC to go stuff it's self. I am pretty sure there will be calls being made even now to there managers from other broadcasters.