Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 08:32   #1216
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Unotelly been using these for 2 years without a issue you get a free 8 day trial too no payment details needed. https://www2.unotelly.com/home
Whats this site good sir?
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2015, 09:28   #1217
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnStable View Post
Do you guys using VPN's have any noticeable difference in your broadband?
I'm interested in trying this but not if it's to the detriment of gaming or download speeds.
I'm using Unblock-US, no discernible change in speed.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:33   #1218
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
I'm interested in trying this but not if it's to the detriment of gaming or download speeds.
Not that I've found. VPN services can do, but the smart dns part of unblockus works differently and shouldn't do.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:27   #1219
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Not with smart dns no it doesn't affect your speeds as it doesn't go through their servers all it does is just spoofs your location.
I get 75mbs down and 18.9mbs up and with my smart dns i'm still getting 75mbs down and 18.4mbs up.

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Whats this site good sir?
The smart dns service i use so you can for example switch netflix regions.
Old 10-01-2015, 18:27   #1220
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...lock-vpn-users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian
More than 30 million Netflix users live in countries where the service is unavailable without the use of location-masking software, giving the company a hefty financial incentive not to crack down on members who use the technological loophole to watch content not authorised for their country.
Old 10-01-2015, 19:27   #1221
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Netflix has more than 20 million users in China alone, all of whom must connect through virtual private networks (VPNs), as the streaming video provider has not yet launched in the country
It would be interesting to know what percentage of people in countries where Netflix is available, use VPNs. I suspect it will be quite small. Seems like Netflix ought to launch in more countries.

I do agree there should be a crack down on password sharing; the price is inexpensive and fantastic value for money, compared to other things. And if every user paid, they would have more funds to spend on content.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:38   #1222
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Presumably nobody in the US is doing it. This Canadian report suggests 1 in 3 English speaking Canadian subscribers are doing it. I would imagine that would be fairly typical in English speaking countries.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/ne...down-1.2889895
Old 11-01-2015, 11:50   #1223
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Presumably nobody in the US is doing it.

Actually they do. I follow several Netflix threads on the American AVSForum, and there are people who do use smart dns services.

Apart from the advantage of accessing various Netflix regions, to get content not available on US Netflix, when Super HD streams were first introduced, they could only be accessed if you used an ISP that used the Netflix CDN. Not many US ISPs wanted to do that. But Unblock-US found a way around that and US users used Unblock-US to access Super HD streams. Several months later, Netflix changed the rules, and any ISP could get Super HD.

Americans also use a smart dns to access BBC iplayer etc.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:59   #1224
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

I'm wondering if we're going to see something similar to the US soon where networks say such as Disney release a tv app that you login via your tv provider.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Presumably nobody in the US is doing it. This Canadian report suggests 1 in 3 English speaking Canadian subscribers are doing it. I would imagine that would be fairly typical in English speaking countries.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/ne...down-1.2889895
Oh they do not just Netflix either i was once sharing my nowtv account with a guy in the US for access to Showtime and HBO, he said to me if i ever got Skygo he would love to do a deal where i give him a skygo login and he'd give me a dishnetwork login.
Only reason it ended was because he had to drop HBO and i was dropping nowtv too.
Old 11-01-2015, 13:01   #1225
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Well I stand corrected!
Old 12-01-2015, 20:26   #1226
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...956046#rlabs=8

Every Premier League game set to become available for streaming according to this article.
Old 12-01-2015, 20:53   #1227
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Every Premier League game set to become available for streaming according to this article.
Quote:
It means companies like Google and Apple will be well placed to challenge Sky and BT Sport for the right to provide services.
Remember me suggesting this 1andrew1

In similar news
Old 12-01-2015, 21:21   #1228
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Yet this article from earlier today suggests this won't happen:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...nts-Ofcom.html

"It is understood that Ofcom representatives said at the meeting last week that they will announce a decision on its investigation of the Premier League rights auction by the end of March.

Multiple sources close to the meeting told The Telegraph that officials indicated they were likely to intervene to increase the number of matches that can be broadcast live, following a complaint last year from the cable operator Virgin Media.

Ofcom gave those present at the impression it does not intend to make all Premier League matches available. In recognition of football traditions, those matches scheduled for 3pm on Saturday would remain off-limits to broadcasters, it was suggested at the meeting, although they would be fewer to allow more action at other times of the week."
Old 13-01-2015, 16:21   #1229
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Wwe network is live in the uk. 9.99 a month. You can subscribe now and watch
Old 13-01-2015, 16:48   #1230
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No thanks l don't want to watch that fixed rubbish.