Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Old 03-01-2008, 07:27   #136
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: DVD's you Lust after ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Nice

Still haven't ordered that yet.

Was originally going to get the HD DVD briefcase, but I think I'll probably end up going for the BD like you, simply 'cos the PS3 is quieter than the 360.
Thats the reason I went for the Blu-Ray version as my 360 sounds like a 747 on take off now!!

I don't know when Movietyme work over christmas but I ordered on the 21st December and I don't think they have shipped it yet, although they have taken the money.
Old 23-01-2008, 20:29   #137
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Spitting Image season 1 on dvd !!

Be joyfull all fans of this great satire show it's comeing to dvd monday priced £19,99

http://www.lastbroadcast.co.uk/tv/v/...ge-on-dvd.html
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 20:51   #138
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one
Re: the dvd thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
the next dvd i plan to buy is V: The Series at the end of July

great series good luck
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 22:56   #139
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

I'm seriously tempted to get the 'Babylon 5 - The Complete Universe' boxed set. The only thing that's making me hesitate is that it's more than I've ever spent on a single DVD purchase. Okay, so my Stargate collection cost me more in total, at £189.82 [SG-1 series 1-8, Atlantis series 1; not including the movie, as I can't remember what I paid for that], but I didn't buy them all in 1 go. I know I could buy B5 seperately, but it would work out more expensive.
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 17:17   #140
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I hear that at last season 2 of the tripods will be out in September I can't wait to see Will kill his 'Master' again
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 18:57   #141
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

All 8 series of Red Dwarf at £6.99 a box set

All series of Monk

The X-files 64+ DVD box set

All 10 Series of Stargate SG-1
Old 23-02-2008, 13:49   #142
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

My recent discs...

The Usual Suspects

Total Recall

The Terminator

All Blu-ray Discs.

And also, the greatest box set ever...

Blade Runner - Ultimate Limited Edition Briefcase (Blu-ray Disc)

Contains the 5 disc complete collector's edition, with five versions of Ridley Scott's classic, all fully restored & remastered:

Disc 1 - "Blade Runner: The Final Cut" (Scott's true & definitive Director's Cut)

Disc 2 - "Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner"

Disc 3 - 1982 US Theatrical Edition, 1982 International Theatrical Edition, 1992 Director's Cut.

Disc 4 - "Enhancement Archive"

Disc 5 - Ultra-Rare Pre-Release "Workprint" edition of Blade Runner.

Plus a "Rare Art Folio", "Motion Film Clip", "Miniature Unicorn", & "Spinner Vehicle Replica".

All contained within a replica of Deckard's Voight-Kampff briefcase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I'm seriously tempted to get the 'Babylon 5 - The Complete Universe' boxed set. The only thing that's making me hesitate is that it's more than I've ever spent on a single DVD purchase. Okay, so my Stargate collection cost me more in total, at £189.82 [SG-1 series 1-8, Atlantis series 1; not including the movie, as I can't remember what I paid for that], but I didn't buy them all in 1 go. I know I could buy B5 seperately, but it would work out more expensive.

I bought that ages ago.

An excellent box set.

[Although I still haven't bother watching all of season 5 ]
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 14:46   #143
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Iron Man - Ultimate 2-Disc Edition (Blu-ray Disc, region free US import)
Old 20-09-2008, 15:38   #144
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Exclamation Re: DVD's you Lust after ..

the The Simpsons eleventh season comes to dvd october 6th along with the first half of Battlestar Galactica season 4 both woth buying on dvd :0

Old 20-09-2008, 19:24   #145
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I'm gonna wait for the full BSG season 4 box.

Also hope they hurry up & bring BSG out on Blu-ray.
Old 20-09-2008, 23:45   #146
Fatec
Inactive

Fatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Is it worth it though? there was literally zero difference from the dvd/hd-dvd releases, because of the natural grain aspect of BSG.
Fatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 10:36   #147
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Quote:

there's not going to be a full season box set only 2 halfs of the season released
Old 21-09-2008, 21:33   #148
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxData2 View Post
Is it worth it though? there was literally zero difference from the dvd/hd-dvd releases, because of the natural grain aspect of BSG.

The HD broadcasts of BSG looked better than the SD broadcasts though... I think the HD DVD release was just shoddy in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
there's not going to be a full season box set only 2 halfs of the season released

Hmm. Seems unlikely, IMO. Where'd you hear that? Most other things that have rip-off split-season boxes also later get full boxes.
Old 03-12-2008, 23:04   #149
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - the complete collection (seasons 1-7)

Just under 50 quid at Amazon

Still need to get the Angel collection...
Old 03-12-2008, 23:23   #150
homealone

Quote:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - the complete collection (seasons 1-7)

Just under 50 quid at Amazon

Still need to get the Angel collection...

I have to admit I noted the price reduction for the Buffy set

I already have the Angel collection

- another box-set taking my fancy is the Jonathan Creek series 1-4, which apparently also includes the Christmas specials (e.g 'Satan's Chimney' ) ...

I ended up ordering both, Buffy & Jonathan Creek - it is all Tez's fault