Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 19:33   #76
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
It is about tivo; it's about the wishlist functionality using real world examples of what the wishlist functionality will do.

We're highlighting functionality as the VM PR department sometimes don't seem to (see the post No. 48 on the What HIFI review).
Remember, if it's in a magazine, it will have been written over a month ago (probably).....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2011, 19:35   #77
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Remember, if it's in a magazine, it will have been written over a month ago (probably).....
I was reading from the updated review on the website, after they'd just got their Tivo on the 30th March.
Old 04-04-2011, 19:36   #78
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

OK - thanks for clarification.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 04-04-2011, 19:39   #79
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I do agree VM really need to make sure they get all the features correct when dealing with the press , but I'm sure they will.
Old 04-04-2011, 19:39   #80
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Anyone with TiVo noticed that the EPG goes back more than the advertised 7 days?

Mine goes back to install date although I assume the catch up service would not work.

The tech who installed it mentioned that his TiVo EPG went back 5 months as he had his on trial very early on.
Old 04-04-2011, 19:54   #81
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Anyone with TiVo noticed that the EPG goes back more than the advertised 7 days?

Mine goes back to install date although I assume the catch up service would not work.

The tech who installed it mentioned that his TiVo EPG went back 5 months as he had his on trial very early on.
Been back a fair while, longer than I have had it installed and been forward to next year ( although it said TBA )
Old 04-04-2011, 20:24   #82
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Been back a fair while, longer than I have had it installed and been forward to next year ( although it said TBA )
It's the DeLorean of set top boxes LOL
Old 04-04-2011, 20:29   #83
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It's the DeLorean of set top boxes LOL
I would say that it is a DeLorean breed with a Buggati Veyron
Old 04-04-2011, 20:35   #84
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Sky has to be careful as TiVo has Patents for a lot of it's features.
Do those apply in the UK?

I thought they were for USA only.
Old 04-04-2011, 20:37   #85
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post

I thought they were for USA only.
I would imagine Sky check these things out first , they've not got were they are by being bad in business.
Old 04-04-2011, 21:05   #86
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
https://register.epo.org/espacenet/s...art&query=tivo
Old 04-04-2011, 21:08   #87
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

All irrelevant so long as your not breaking them.
Old 04-04-2011, 21:09   #88
ntl.wotcha
Inactive

ntl.wotcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Found another EPG data issue tonight. "How do they do it" Channel 5/5HD @ 19.30.

It had a correct episode description in the Guide/Info, but when you "explore this show" all the meta data is missing. My series link failed to pick it up. No recording hiccup or anything. It's just not associated with the series at all. The previous monday's episode was fine, as is next Mondays.

Strange eh ?
Old 04-04-2011, 21:18   #89
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl.wotcha View Post
Found another EPG data issue tonight. "How do they do it" Channel 5/5HD @ 19.30.

It had a correct episode description in the Guide/Info, but when you "explore this show" all the meta data is missing. My series link failed to pick it up. No recording hiccup or anything. It's just not associated with the series at all. The previous monday's episode was fine, as is next Mondays.

Strange eh ?
Surely this cannot be hard to get right for a company like TiVo with 12 years EPG experience? Eliminating these discrepancies should be their number one priority in my opinion.
Old 04-04-2011, 21:29   #90
Blizzard
Inactive

Blizzard is an unknown quantity at this point

So quick recap to make sure I'm getting this all right:
  • TiVo launches 11th April for existing customers.
  • Low-end model (500 GB?) to be announced on the 11th as well.
  • This Mini TiVo should cost around £89 - £99 for existing customers with install included.
  • Functionality to be identical in all other respects.
  • 500 GBs would be I'm guessing about 70 hours HD recording?

Right?
Closed Thread