Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2011, 21:20   #1531
scotmac
Inactive

Services: XL Tv 2 x V6 1 TB TiVo 200 Broadband XL phone
scotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of light
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Thanks for that will phone first thing in the morning
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2011, 21:33   #1532
jagsman
cf.addict

jagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jagsman Send a message via Yahoo to jagsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Yes you will but the price is dependent on what package you are on?
I'm on XL tv, so i think the prices i quoted should be right.

Thanks
Old 14-04-2011, 21:34   #1533
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

I have got tivo and i am paying for the additional box in my daughters room,But some peeps on here are saying they are getting multiroom free.Am i being overcharged?
Old 14-04-2011, 21:35   #1534
KingFry
cf.member

KingFry will become famous soon enoughKingFry will become famous soon enoughKingFry will become famous soon enough

so will everyone get the call with the offer to get your existing V+ moved to another room for free, without the ongoing multi-room fee?
I didn't get either of the install dates I chose, had to call to re-arrange the one given to me for next tuesday. there was no mention of that offer but would like to take it up... shall I just stand by the phone and hope??
Old 14-04-2011, 21:41   #1535
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsman View Post
I'm on XL tv, so i think the prices i quoted should be right.

Thanks
I mean the full pack are you a VIP customer or do you just have TV?

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
I have got tivo and i am paying for the additional box in my daughters room,But some peeps on here are saying they are getting multiroom free.Am i being overcharged?
Do not know one of the staff will be better to advise ( i think that they have all gone to sleep or in to a padded cell )

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFry View Post
so will everyone get the call with the offer to get your existing V+ moved to another room for free, without the ongoing multi-room fee?
I didn't get either of the install dates I chose, had to call to re-arrange the one given to me for next tuesday. there was no mention of that offer but would like to take it up... shall I just stand by the phone and hope??
I think what DF and BEN has said that you should receive a call about this ( please do not quote me on this )
Old 14-04-2011, 21:41   #1536
cozmic1988
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media's VIVID 200 + Full House XL
cozmic1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou View Post
Ordered at about 3pm on tue! Theyre gettin a call tomorrow!
I ordered 12pm Tuesday, so your email should be tomorrow morning
Old 14-04-2011, 21:54   #1537
jagsman
cf.addict

jagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jagsman Send a message via Yahoo to jagsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I mean the full pack are you a VIP customer or do you just have TV?
No I'm not on VIP, but I do have XL TV, XL Phone and L Broadband
Old 14-04-2011, 22:04   #1538
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Not too sure then you may need to wait for one of the staff to advise better as i am just a customer ( sorry i just try to help all that i can ).
Old 14-04-2011, 22:40   #1539
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Your gift was free TiVo, you are not being overcharged

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Quote:
You can't 'phone for it, you have to be offered by sales. You will be contacted in due course. Just trying to get the installs sorted first!

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Ok, anyone who hasn't had the TiVo offer email and pre-registered, give VM a call on 150 tomorrow.

We believe everyone should have had a email by now.

thanks
Old 14-04-2011, 22:50   #1540
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Your gift was free TiVo, you are not being overcharged

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

You can't 'phone for it, you have to be offered by sales. You will be contacted in due course. Just trying to get the installs sorted first!

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Ok, anyone who hasn't had the TiVo offer email and pre-registered, give VM a call on 150 tomorrow.

We believe everyone should have had a email by now.

thanks
Thanks df,I thought that`s what it would be,Im happy with that lol
Gonna switch over to vip50 in july when my half price deal runs out with sky anyway
Old 14-04-2011, 23:34   #1541
okun69
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Triple XL, 500GB Tivo, V+
okun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about them
Smile Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Hi, DF could you please see if you can give any answers to these:

1, will there be a pre reg for the 500gb?

2, is the difference purely the size of the hard drive?

3, If i got the "Baby" Tivo could i keep my V+ and get rid of my old samsung stb without additional cost
Thanks in advance for your help
Old 15-04-2011, 07:08   #1542
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by okun69 View Post

3, If i got the "Baby" Tivo could i keep my V+ and get rid of my old samsung stb without additional cost
The answer to 2 is 'yes'. But the terms for the 500GB model haven't been announced yet.
Old 15-04-2011, 07:49   #1543
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Very happy camper here - TiVo boxes being installed this morning and just had a phone call from the engineer to say he'll be here in the next 20-30 minutes. I don't do mornings, but this is well worth being up for
Old 15-04-2011, 08:15   #1544
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Iwas offered that option on my call. Although currently I have one V+ and one standard box - just changing to TiVo and V+ and it's £3 cheaper per month somehow..
Old 15-04-2011, 08:31   #1545
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Is there anyone else who is still waiting for their offer email (who pre-reg'd) ?

---------- Post added at 08:31 ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by okun69 View Post

1. I don't think so.

2. SP has answered this one

3. Just to clarify, what additional cost are you talking about? Monthly or one-off?
Closed Thread