Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V6 Box Issues?

Old 21-12-2016, 08:55   #1
paul875
Inactive

paul875 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy V6 Box Issues?

Just got the new box and have an issue. I have got it connected to an LG 49uf770v. When I turn over to hdmi 1 there is no picture on the TV just sound and the menu screen and black where the channel picture should be. Restarting the box will not fix it, only switching the TV off and on again. I tried a new 2.0 hdmi cable and still the same, has anyone else had this. I never had the problem with the old tivo box.

Also all my sky movies seem to stream in Sd. I have no option for HD streaming is this normal?

Thanks
paul875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2016, 09:54   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: V6 Box Issues?

Not sure about the first point as it's not something I've come across. I'm sure Spiderplant may be able to shed some light

In regards to the second point, all streaming via TV Anywhere is in SD only.
Old 21-12-2016, 09:57   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

That missing picture problem is caused by failure of the HDCP copy protection on the HDMI. Go into the TV's menus and make sure the firmware is up to date. You'll need to get your TV connected to your broadband first, if you haven't already. (If you can't get the TV online, you can also download it from http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support...ct/lg-49UF770V onto a USB memory stick)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 10:59   #4
paul875
Inactive

Thanks for the replies I'm running firmware 04.05.45. Looking on the website there maybe a new firmware? When I search for updates online none are found.

Also with the sky movies on the old TiVo I could select HD or Sd when streaming, where as now they are all only in Sd?
Old 21-12-2016, 11:07   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Ah, you mean on the box itself? You should still have the option to watch in HD for eligible On Demand shows and films.

When you said streaming I thought you meant to the TV Anywhere app or via a browser which is SD only.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:13   #6
paul875
Inactive

Ah. No this is on the new v6 box and the Sky Movies. About 1 in every 30 films is in HD rest are Sd. With no option on either to which version I watch. I might give virgin a ring about it, but they seem to know nothing about these new box's ��
Old 21-12-2016, 11:34   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Not all Sky Cinema films have both HD and SD. Some are only in SD.

Normally all the 'New This Week' have HD as well as SD, and then the more popular films have them.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:43   #8
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Be aware even the newer HD films it's hit and miss whether you get the 319 error which there is nothing you can do about but just hope Virgin fix that content eventually.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 16:30   #9
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Not all Sky Cinema films have both HD and SD. Some are only in SD.

Normally all the 'New This Week' have HD as well as SD, and then the more popular films have them.
Like which , the vast majority if not all are in HD. Whether its just my viewing I don't know but I've never seen one not in HD on Sky.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 16:42   #10
trickytree
cf.addict

trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

We mean through on demand not just viewing the channels
Old 21-12-2016, 17:09   #11
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
We mean through on demand not just viewing the channels
So do I , is the Sky Cinema offering on VM different ?

What movies can't you receive in HD ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 17:22   #12
trickytree
cf.addict

Ah ok on Sky yes all there as I have family with Sky.
On Virgin for about a year now very limited selection. No end in sight it seems just keep being told it's temporary while work goes on behind the scenes.
Got a 12 month discount on movies as it's been so bad
Old 21-12-2016, 20:01   #13
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
Ah ok on Sky yes all there as I have family with Sky.
On Virgin for about a year now very limited selection. No end in sight it seems just keep being told it's temporary while work goes on behind the scenes.
Got a 12 month discount on movies as it's been so bad
..and all you people actually pay good money for this crap?
Old 22-12-2016, 07:16   #14
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

It will be very interesting to see how many have had enough of the way that VM now treat their customers when the next set of figures are published.

I think that this is the reason why they are preparing to launch a budget brand.

I guess paying a cheap price for a crap service is more palatable than paying a premium price for a crap service!

Still, Sky Q has had its fair share of problems.

I can see most people going down the Freesat/Freeview route topped up with streaming for the small amount of Pay TV that the average person watches.

The average person watches 95% of programmes that are available for free, with just 5% being from Pay TV providers.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 12:03   #15
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Yes, it was SkyQ making the news on Watchdog last night. It's been available for some time now, hasn't it?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote