Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 24-10-2016, 10:33   #2581
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
ha im meant to be on 150Mbps and im on barely 5Mbps at peak time. utilisation issues are known by VM in this area nd have been for 4 years with a fix date ever expanding.......

Yet they keep adding more customers and have no intention of fixing the issue! Oh vm!
If VM sorted out their oversubscribing they would be superb but at the moment they are the laughing stock in the broadband world.
I'm with BT i pay £33p/m for evening and weekend calls and unlimited upto 76mbs broadband my speed never drops below 71mbs.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-10-2016, 10:42   #2582
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

I'm on 200mbs BB and I constantly get over 100mbs using Wi-Fi on my phone!! I wouldn't say that was a laughing stock.

But everyone has a difference experience I guess.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 11:35   #2583
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I'm on 200mbs BB and I constantly get over 100mbs using Wi-Fi on my phone!! I wouldn't say that was a laughing stock.

I'm the same, never had an issue with speeds in my area.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 12:34   #2584
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
+1
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 13:23   #2585
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Is that inside information or just what you have read from the article?

It does say:

The partnership ensures Virgin Media customers will continue to enjoy favourite networks like MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon as well as bringing new channels, additional catch up TV and box sets to Virgin Media’s TV platform.

However, they may mean 'channels' in the broader sense, or they may be referring to the additional channels on TV Anywhere.
Just our own view - we have seen nothing from Virgin Media UK Sources to confirm if any new channels will launch as part of this deal.

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Is 'That's Oxfordshire' on VM?

Apparently, it's not been broadcasting since 7pm earlier this evening.

It's not yet known if this is temporary or permanent.

Could we see 'Made In Oxford' making an appearence?
Channel not on Virgin as far as we know.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 14:05   #2586
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Well i was a bit harsh to vm then tbf when i was with them i was on their 50mb and was getting around about 42mb most times, the reason i left was they throttled heavily and back then customer service were a joke.
Wether or not they've improved i don't know but VM kept demanding over £100 from me saying i owe them money which i don't, despite me proving i owe nothing they kept harping on saying i do.
It was only after a strong worded solicitors letter that VM stopped hounding me.
Old 24-10-2016, 14:09   #2587
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Well i was a bit harsh to vm then tbf when i was with them i was on their 50mb and was getting around about 42mb most times, the reason i left was they throttled heavily and back then customer service were a joke.
Wether or not they've improved i don't know but VM kept demanding over £100 from me saying i owe them money which i don't, despite me proving i owe nothing they kept harping on saying i do.
It was only after a strong worded solicitors letter that VM stopped hounding me.
It's a shame that you had that experience, theone, but frankly that can happen with any company. I think BT is far worse when it comes to ripping off customers, and they get far more complaints than VM or Sky.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 14:10   #2588
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
'Made In' took it over didn't they, that's why I'm wondering if they will also take over Oxfordshire.

If Local TV does survive as a network, I can see one dominant player (apart from the STV stations) networking programmes with budget local news opt outs.

Perhaps Made Television LTD will become the Carlton/Granada of Local TV

I think that they would have been better quasi networking a FTA channel that's not on DTT.

Apparently, there is a Technical Difficulties' caption on air.

Facebook statement: "Due to technical difficulties our news programme is unable to broadcast. We will be back as soon as possible." Similar message on twitter.

Also, That's Lancashire is said to have been the same for the past month.

What's That's Lancashire showing on VM (if it's carried)?
Maybe Made TV will buy up the rest of local TV Channels in England and Wales and become the Channel 6 like the first idea the "Media MP" has before moving to NHS England.

We have got STV Local on Channel 6 on our Freeview TV.
Old 24-10-2016, 14:12   #2589
thegrid
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with Sky Sports HD & Movies HD. 1TB TiVo, 2 X V+HD, 200MB Vivid Broadband
thegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Just our own view - we have seen nothing from Virgin Media UK Sources to confirm if any new channels will launch as part of this deal.

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Channel not on Virgin as far as we know.
Fingers crossed they will be launching other channels as they have mentioned the launch of Spike as a separate footnote within the press release? I mean, to some it probably won't mean much but I have mentioned this in the past but I do miss MTV Classic.
thegrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 14:13   #2590
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Can I come and live with you please?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 14:18   #2591
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrid View Post
Fingers crossed they will be launching other channels as they have mentioned the launch of Spike as a separate footnote within the press release? I mean, to some it probably won't mean much but I have mentioned this in the past but I do miss MTV Classic.
If Viacom wants Virgin Media UK to carry MTV Classic and Nick Jr HD so bad they can ask Virgin Media UK to drop two channels - Let say MTV Live HD and one of the less watched +1 channels.

In the past UKTV has ask Virgin to drop channels now called Eden +1 and Yesterday +1 so that channels now called W and W +1 was on Virgin from launch.

Heres more:
-http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...-some-mtv.html
-http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...-channels.html

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 24-10-2016 at 15:40.
Old 24-10-2016, 14:22   #2592
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Local content is something the BBC does well, so no wonder it became a target. "Lets see if we can get other organisations to take it away from the BBC" was no doubt the conversation. The thing is ITV have been dropping the level of local content for years. It costs money to make programmes week after week for smaller audiences, so the commercial sector was always going to struggle even with some volunteer staff & "propping up" from the public purse.
Well, London Live has asked for even less local content to be shown on its channel.

http://www.a516digital.com/2016/10/n...se-london.html

Honestly, if a local channel in London, with the Houses of Parliament in its area, cannot make local TV pay, who can?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 14:39   #2593
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrid View Post
They aren't this year.

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's a shame that you had that experience, theone, but frankly that can happen with any company. I think BT is far worse when it comes to ripping off customers, and they get far more complaints than VM or Sky.
Ofcourse mate any company can have glitches the thing that annoyed me was VM called me an outright liar, BT overcharged me too but they was very quick to correct their mistake when i contacted them about it, vm didn't want to know.
I'm pretty sure it was just sheer bad luck with vm more than anything but sadly it was enough for me to never want to return to vm in the foreseeable future.
Old 24-10-2016, 14:40   #2594
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

My Vivid 200 is rock solid. I have been with Telewest, VM for 20 years and never had a problem.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 18:24   #2595
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
My Vivid 200 is rock solid. I have been with Telewest, VM for 20 years and never had a problem.
What upload speed do you get with that?