Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2011, 20:55   #4126
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes okay Hugh trust you to keep a eye on my spelling.
If you are a Metal fan you will know how to spell the surnames of the lead/ band members

Advertisement
Old 21-05-2011, 20:57   #4127
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Talking Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
If you are a Metal fan you will know how to spell the surnames of the lead/ band members

Trust you attack me at my weakest master.
Old 21-05-2011, 21:02   #4128
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Trust you attack me at my weakest master.
My ass laugh off
Old 22-05-2011, 11:23   #4129
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Anybody recorded a radio programme yet? I put in a wishlist based on the name of the great blues rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa and Tivo has picked up a programme dedicated to him on Planet Rock next week.

Just wondering how reliable radio recording is?
I've got several series links for radio programmes and they work great. One of my whishlists has also picked up some radio shows ----- an unexpected plus.

I do find fast forwarding doesn't work very well; someone on the VM Tivo forum has suggested it's because fast forward works on video frames, which of course are absent in radio shows.
Old 22-05-2011, 20:54   #4130
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Another positive TiVo review...

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pvrs/...media-tivo-1tb
Old 22-05-2011, 20:56   #4131
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Another positive TiVo review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
I already beat you to it on the General TIVO thread

Decent read.
Old 22-05-2011, 21:02   #4132
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

So I see. It is a good read and it is good that positive reviews are coming out of it.

All the negatives they mention are all fixable with software updates so lets hope VM take notice.

And that's the first time I've had a thread moved or had a mod decision against me. I feel......er......violated
Old 22-05-2011, 22:43   #4133
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

The latest "Tivo-bashing" thread over on the DS Forums - If Tivo User Interface was created by a college student do you think they would get their degree? - seems to be back-firing somewhat as most people are answering 'yes'
Old 22-05-2011, 22:51   #4134
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
The latest "Tivo-bashing" thread over on the DS Forums - If Tivo User Interface was created by a college student do you think they would get their degree? - seems to be back-firing somewhat as most people are answering 'yes'
There's only two replied and ones you
Old 22-05-2011, 22:54   #4135
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
There's only two replied and ones you
Don't have to post to take part in a poll though
Old 22-05-2011, 22:56   #4136
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Don't have to post to take part in a poll though
Very true that's me not reading properly , I just read the posts and didn't see the poll apologies Carl
Old 22-05-2011, 22:57   #4137
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
The latest "Tivo-bashing" thread by JethroUK over on the DS Forums - If Tivo User Interface was created by a college student do you think they would get their degree? - seems to be back-firing somewhat as most people are answering 'yes'
Sorry but the SD screens look crap on TIVO, why haven't they got around to upgrading them to HD, its only a bit of flash
Old 22-05-2011, 23:04   #4138
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

You say that like it's just case of ticking a checkbox marked "Use Flash". You do realise that each "screen" is a huge amount of code written in C or C++ that would have to be completely re-written, right?
Old 22-05-2011, 23:08   #4139
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
You say that like it's just case of ticking a checkbox marked "Use Flash". You do realise that each "screen" is a huge amount of code written in C or C++ that would have to be completely re-written, right?
While I see your point fully , this has been a massive complaint for many TIVO Premiere users since It arrived in April 2010 so I would have thought some 13 months on they may have rectified this issue.
Old 22-05-2011, 23:13   #4140
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Don't get me wrong here, I'd also like for more of the UI to be updated. Thing is, we don't know what's being done behind the scenes at TiVo HQ to rectify the problem. It's also possible that as extra functionality is added to the VM version of the TiVo software that parts of the UI will be re-coded in Flash while they're at it.
Closed Thread