Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 15:48   #661
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Pretty much as I've been saying for ages , they'll concentrate on their main market which is the US and who can blame them , I hope we don't lose them though I'll miss my ESPN fix.
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2012, 15:50   #662
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Pretty much as I've been saying for ages , they'll concentrate on their main market which is the US and who can blame them , I hope we don't lose them though I'll miss my ESPN fix.
Yes l cannot say it has come as a surprise to me either but if this happens where will it leave the UK sports rights market.
Old 09-05-2012, 16:35   #663
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I am concerned about ESPN America as well, where will that leave us American sports fans.
Old 09-05-2012, 16:53   #664
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

That is at odds with their recent commitment to increase the q quality and quantity of their Premier League offering.
Old 09-05-2012, 17:01   #665
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
That is at odds with their recent commitment to increase the q quality and quantity of their Premier League offering.
Words can be cheap sometimes.
Old 09-05-2012, 17:27   #666
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I am concerned about ESPN America as well, where will that leave us American sports fans.
That was my main fear
Old 09-05-2012, 17:30   #667
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
That was my main fear
Just read a slightly more promising article http://advanced-television.com/index...ional-markets/
Quote:
However, there was a cautionary note when Chairman & CEO Bob Iger warned that escalating rights costs may see ESPN back away from international markets. He said ESPN would stand by its News Corp JV in Asia and the pay networks in the UK, which hold limited Premier League rights,:
Old 09-05-2012, 19:01   #668
Emel
Inactive

Services: Tivo, Vplus, TVXL, Sky Sports, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenman35 View Post
Strange I must have dreampt watching the championship (part of 'the football league') on BBC
The BBC won rights to broadcast live championship football in a three year deal starting in 2009. This deal will now have finished, I can only assume that they are not renewing this contract as part of their general cut backs.
Old 09-05-2012, 22:49   #669
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
yikes - wish I hadn't read that
Old 09-05-2012, 23:04   #670
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

ESPN have really been annoying me recently with their random programming. I watch Friday Night Fights, ESPN's boxing show, every week. The show used to be live on ESPN HD everyweek. Then they started showing it as a tape delay broadcast on a Saturday afternoon. Then it got bumped over to ESPN America, meaning I could no longer watch the show in HD. Then it started getting taped delayed until Sunday mornings and Sunday nights and finally this week they didn't bother showing it all.

For me personally, ESPN can die on their ar$e for all I care. All they care about is football, football and more football.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:13   #671
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
ESPN have really been annoying me recently with their random programming. I watch Friday Night Fights, ESPN's boxing show, every week. The show used to be live on ESPN HD everyweek. Then they started showing it as a tape delay broadcast on a Saturday afternoon. Then it got bumped over to ESPN America, meaning I could no longer watch the show in HD. Then it started getting taped delayed until Sunday mornings and Sunday nights and finally this week they didn't bother showing it all.

For me personally, ESPN can die on their ar$e for all I care. All they care about is football, football and more football.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusyO7J2inM LOL

Old 10-05-2012, 07:09   #672
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

What would happen to the XL TV tier if ESPN dropped out?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13   #673
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
Well i can't see virgin giving XL customers a price drop that is for sure LOL
Old 10-05-2012, 07:15   #674
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
We might get Sky Sports HD 3 and 4 and Sky Atlantic in return one hopes.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15   #675
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We might get Sky Sports HD 3 and 4 and Sky Atlantic in return one hopes.
no chance Den sky wont give anyone them we all know that
Closed Thread