Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 16:17   #811
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Still no e-mail yet, not to fear 4 more days left yet, DF what sort of dates are pre regs looking at for install most before end of this month?
Most should get install this month.
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 16:18   #812
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Called sales and install date is Wed 20th. Never received today's email (but never got the Dr Dean or follow up either), the lady on the phone asked for a code but just told her I didn't have it to hand. Confirmed I was pre-registered though so got free install confirmed, offered next Monday but took Wednesday 20th. (Glasgow G66 Postcode)

She had to ask me how many boxes I already had, surely she should know that looking at my billing. Anyway I asked if there was any cost difference in what box is swapped out, as currently have V+ Hd downstairs and a V Box upstairs as the secondary box, but she said it doesn't matter and I would be better keeping the V+ box (does that seem right?)

Asked her to transfer me to the billing department after it so I could confirm I would only see a £3 increase in my monthly service charges and none of my discounts and retention deals would be affected, but she managed to transfer me to Virgin Mobile PAYG who then managed to transfer me to Virgin Mobile Broadband.. ahh well can't have it all!
Old 11-04-2011, 16:22   #813
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manster62 View Post
Hi,
Not sure what to do? Want to order Tivo (not got my email yet, but I pre-registered, so hopefully in the next few days.....) but I think maybe I should wait until they've got BBC red button working.
If I order (and pay) in April to get the £40 install waived, can I ask for an install date later in the year - at least after Wimbledon, which I always use the BBC red button service for?
I know I could just wait until July and get the 'baby tivo' for a reduced cost - but having read how Tivo works, I think that the 1TB hard drive will be necessary to store everything that it records via Wishlists/Suggestions?
Currently getting very fed up with the small capacity of the V+ as just about everything I record is HD and I keep having to delete things I would like to watch because the drive gets full up.
So difficult - wait or not? The other thing that is making me think perhaps I should wait is the number of posts on forums all over the place saying that people are having problems with the tivo. I believe September is the next proper firmware update to solve a lot of the issues?
I keep going round in circles - one minute I want Tivo NOW, and the next I'm thinking of waiting 'til the Autumn....... What do others think?
Cheers....
We are doing code drops quite frequently TBH. Plus people tend to post about problems on internet forums rather than the good things.

If you've got multi-room then you can always use a non TiVo box to access red button in mean time?

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack21 View Post
anyone in uddingston area had an email?
It's not being done by area.
Old 11-04-2011, 16:22   #814
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Manster62;35210378]Hi,

I was like you but when it came to and I got a chance to order a little gremlin in my brain took over and that was that.
Old 11-04-2011, 16:24   #815
Manster62
Inactive

Services: Tivo. Virgin V+ xl tv, Virgin xl phone, xl Broadband and Virgin mobile
Manster62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
We are doing code drops quite frequently TBH. Plus people tend to poist about problems on internet forums rather than the good things.

If you've got multi-room then you can always use a non TiVo box to access red button in mean time?
Thanks DF,

Yes, do have multi-room - but to be honest the second box is in the bedroom and the TV up there is so bad (CRT, non-widescreen!) Love to watch Wimbledon on our 40" LCD. Can the boxes be easily swapped back and forth as required without any difficulty?

Cheers,
Old 11-04-2011, 16:25   #816
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks DF,

Yes, do have multi-room - but to be honest the second box is in the bedroom and the TV up there is so bad (CRT, non-widescreen!) Love to watch Wimbledon on our 40" LCD. Can the boxes be easily swapped back and forth as required without any difficulty?

Cheers,
Yeah, there is only HDMI/Scart and the usual cable input and power cords. Fairly simple to swap over.
Old 11-04-2011, 16:27   #817
Manster62
Inactive

Services: Tivo. Virgin V+ xl tv, Virgin xl phone, xl Broadband and Virgin mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Yeah, there is only HDMI/Scart and the usual cable input and power cords. Fairly simple to swap over.
Okay - cheers DF - that sounds quite a good option. May get Tivo now and then just swap the boxes over for Wimbledon fortnight. Will it cost any extra to keep the V+ instead of the plain old Virgin box I have upstairs?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2011, 16:29   #818
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Question for the staffers?

The box that we are having installed in the next week or so, will it be a later hardware and or software version that the boxes the staffers have had for the last while?
Old 11-04-2011, 16:29   #819
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks DF,

Cheers,
Very easy to swap boxes if I were you I'd take advantage of the free install , don't forget V+ , Sky+HD all still have little bugs a STB is always being updated.
Old 11-04-2011, 16:30   #820
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Okay - cheers DF - that sounds quite a good option. May get Tivo now and then just swap the boxes over for Wimbledon fortnight. Will it cost any extra to keep the V+ instead of the plain old Virgin box I have upstairs?

Thanks
No, charge should be the same as your standard box.
Old 11-04-2011, 16:31   #821
fixerman
Inactive

Quote:

Thanks
If you are using the TiVo to replace an existing box there is no further charge. But if you are going to keep an existing box as an extra box there is a charge.
Old 11-04-2011, 16:32   #822
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Question for the staffers?

The box that we are having installed in the next week or so, will it be a later hardware and or software version that the boxes the staffers have had for the last while?
Should be the same as regular staffers, some staff have "test" boxes though.
Old 11-04-2011, 16:32   #823
Manster62
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Very easy to swap boxes if I were you I'd take advantage of the free install , don't forget V+ , Sky+HD all still have little bugs a STB is always being updated.
Cheers, Muppetman.

Yes, I think I'll probably go that way - getting excited now! Just got to give my husband the final push - he always takes some persuading with new gadgetry, but usually comes round to my way of thinking.....
Old 11-04-2011, 16:34   #824
fixerman
Inactive

Quote:
Cheers, Muppetman.

Yes, I think I'll probably go that way - getting excited now! Just got to give my husband the final push - he always takes some persuading with new gadgetry, but usually comes round to my way of thinking.....
Go on, you know it makes sense. Use your feminine charms
Old 11-04-2011, 16:35   #825
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Cheers, Muppetman.

Just tell him the Hard Drive is filling to easy on your current box and you need more space to record , he'll soon come around LOL
Closed Thread