Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Internet access problems - 07 Mar 2006

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Internet access problems - 07 Mar 2006

Old 07-03-2006, 19:52   #16
APS
Inactive

APS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the rough
Re: Is there a problem on NTL Internet access?

Similar problems here south of Nottingham. Can get to some sites. Have tried different proxies to no avail. Cannot even ping some well known sites. I can connect to a site within the ntl network OK, so it would seem to be a peering issue.

APS
APS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2006, 19:52   #17
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Same here in Cambridge!!

Getting lots of DoS pings!
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 19:53   #18
looselipsuk
Inactive

Services: XL broadband 60Mb Virgin free TV + Telephone HTC Desire S
looselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to looselipsuk Send a message via Yahoo to looselipsuk

ebay.co.uk is a complete no no. Cannot even get the page to display.
Glad I'm not bidding on anything at the moment.
looselipsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 19:54   #19
beckett1
Inactive

beckett1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzoe
Getting lots of server not found messages and unable to access NTL status page. I have tried another proxy and that's not working at all.

I'm in DN16 area.
i am getting the same, Nottingham NG7 area
beckett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 19:55   #20
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
ntl DNS servers?

am i right in thinking NTL's dns servers for broadband are 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.4.101

the router gives its own ip as the DNS server when left for dhcp and although this does work (it probably just forwards the request to the ntl server) i want to specify the right dns to use in my computers networking config

i want to find out if thats why if i try to open about 3 tabs at once it seems to cause an issue where i then cannot browse till i either specify a proxy or reset the router
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 19:55   #21
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

Problem here also im quite near to Woking. 99% of sites resolve fine for me but I cant get onto google or ebay!! Two sites I really need to be working. NTL email and all ntl web pages fine.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

OK google is back. No ebay though.

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

And finally ebay is attempting to draw a page for me.....slow as
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 19:56   #22
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
Re: ntl DNS servers?

dragon is already in the post below yours mate http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=44111

NTL got big big DNS and Poxy problems at the moment.... beeb, ebay, google and some other sites arent reachable
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 19:56   #23
lardboy
Inactive

lardboy is on a distinguished roadlardboy is on a distinguished road

Been having problems in NG17 here as well.

I've done some traceroutes and I've noticed that sometimes the name / address of the hop takes a while to appear, is this normal or could it be related.
lardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 19:57   #24
DocDutch
argh

DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

google you can get on via the ip http://66.102.9.99 just tried it and fine .... www.google.com no go for me.

ebay no pics for me just plain text on firefox, Internet expl. isnt getting any sites on.
Old 07-03-2006, 19:59   #25
lardboy
Inactive

lardboy is on a distinguished roadlardboy is on a distinguished road

OK this is wierd googl.com now sends me to google.co.uk ??
lardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 19:59   #26
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Yep. my downstream light is half dead tonight.
On/off access to pages at the moment.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:00   #27
grubbymitts
Inactive

grubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quads

yep, same probs here in ST5. Having to use Nottingham proxy to post
grubbymitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:00   #28
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Things do appear to be abit sluggish here too.

Is there anyone not on ntl having the same issues?
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 20:01   #29
DocDutch
argh

Mick checked with a couple of mates on BT lines and no probs with them
Old 07-03-2006, 20:02   #30
Jerry Shaw
Inactive

Jerry Shaw is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been able to ping allsorts of sites but haven't been able to get many. I got here through google. Yahoo refuses and even NTLworld is dodgy.

I'm in the DN15 postcode.
Jerry Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote