Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | what credit limit should i have?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

what credit limit should i have?

Old 13-07-2010, 14:33   #1
bushwakka
Inactive

bushwakka is an unknown quantity at this point
what credit limit should i have?

if i have£30 per month virgin mobile contract how much credit limit should be on my account please?
bushwakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-07-2010, 14:39   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: what credit limit should i have?

Surely a credit limit is based on your priginal credit score? or do they have a default limit?
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 14:43   #3
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

As most people know my credit rating is shocking due to circumstances - anyway the credit limit on my virgin mobile account is £50.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 14:44   #4
bushwakka
Inactive

thats what i would like to know, originally it was on the £10 contract but my daughter upgraded twice to £30 a month, it teguarly gets cut off until the dd gets paid so was wondering how to know your limit, and if it gets automatically increased at any time once they see you pay reguarly.
Old 13-07-2010, 14:51   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwakka View Post
thats what i would like to know, originally it was on the £10 contract but my daughter upgraded twice to £30 a month, it teguarly gets cut off until the dd gets paid so was wondering how to know your limit, and if it gets automatically increased at any time once they see you pay reguarly.
It tells me what my credit limit is when I log into my mobile account.

You can also speak to an advisor (for 10p) by calling 789.

My credit limit has never gone up and I have never missed a payment.
Attached Images
File Type: png screeny.png (72.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 13-07-2010, 14:58   #6
bushwakka
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post

thanks, i am trying to log into the account now but cant remember the password i logged at the start!
Old 13-07-2010, 19:00   #7
bushwakka
Inactive

i would have thought that your credit limit would rise as you prove you are good for the payments?
Old 13-07-2010, 19:04   #8
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Dunno about that one, sorry. I guess they'd most likely put it up if I phoned and asked them as I have been paying on time.
Old 13-07-2010, 19:05   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Here is my credit limit on my Virgin Mobile account.

YOUR BALANCE

Your balance as of 7:03 PM on 13/07/2010
Here's how much you've spent: 0.56 Your credit limit: 150.00
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 19:07   #10
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Here is my credit limit on my Virgin Mobile account.

YOUR BALANCE

Your balance as of 7:03 PM on 13/07/2010
Here's how much you've spent: 0.56 Your credit limit: 150.00
Yes, I doubt your credit rating is as increadibly poor as mine so I'd expect your credit to be much higher.
Old 13-07-2010, 19:10   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Yes, I doubt your credit rating is as increadibly poor as mine so I'd expect your credit to be much higher.
I remember getting a phone for my daughter a few years back from the Carphone Warehouse and they said we give you cashback when you take out a new contract, he put my details into the computer which told him to his amazement that he had to credit me with £30 which was more than the monthly tariff.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 19:12   #12
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I'm tempted to phone them up and see what i /can/ have as my credit limit now
Old 13-07-2010, 19:40   #13
bushwakka
Inactive

Quote:
I'm tempted to phone them up and see what i /can/ have as my credit limit now
please do and let me know how it goes so i know whether it is worth trying to find all the original details for this contract as i'm sure i could even start a new contract and maybe get a new phone as well if its possible to do that(not really sure about how contracts work)
Old 15-07-2010, 16:18   #14
toby53
Inactive

toby53 is on a distinguished roadtoby53 is on a distinguished road

Why does VM charge a depoist when you are travelling overseas when you already have a credit limit ( mine is £150)
toby53 is offline   Reply With Quote