Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 22-04-2011, 19:25   #1621
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The iPhone thread

iPhones almost ready to begin blackmail campaign

Quote:
After it was discovered that iPhones have been keeping track of everywhere you go without your knowledge, a spokesperson for the devices said they were just about ready to start asking for money to keep quiet about it.

Hackers have found a secret unencrypted file on the device, which when opened will show anyone all of those special places you visit but don’t want anyone to know about.

It is expected that monetary demands will begin arriving in the coming days, with some of the most lucrative marks to be contacted first.

A spokesperson for the network of iPhone devices said, “I have to say that the evidence we have against you is pretty damning.”

“We know where you’ve been, who you’ve called, who you’ve messaged, what you’ve taken photographs of. *All the really valuable stuff, you know? It would be a real shame if your wife found out, if you know what I’m saying.”

“What? Did you think we’d just let you go about your business, using us whenever you felt like it, and hope we wouldn’t take a few notes along the way? What sort of naive moron are you?”
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2011, 21:45   #1622
alexcopeland
Inactive

Services: Talk Weekends SupreFibre 70
alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold

Anyone aware of any issues with the new white iPhone 4 16GB on Vodafone dropping out WiFi connection with Virginmedia Superhub? Superhub works just fine with HTC Desire and Acer laptop. The wife now has the latest iPhone and it seems to lose connection every 5 to 10 minutes. Any suggestion will be greatly received.
alexcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:00   #1623
alexcopeland
Inactive

Services: Talk Weekends SupreFibre 70
alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold

Resolved issue by changing the wireless channel from 13 to 11.
alexcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 10:35   #1624
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

So I got my old iPhone 2g back from my dad last night.

I've been playing with it and setting it up with a (possible) view of giving it to my boy.

As it is carrier locked to AT&T I have jailbroken it to 3.1.3 which is the last firmware for that phone I believe.

I got push notification working - sorted youtube and even got it to work in stereo through bluetooth.

The only niggle I'm having at the moment is I want it to 'ding' more times when there's a text message waiting. Does anyone know if there's a jailbreak app for that?

Cheers - Dilli.

p.s. any idea of other jailbreak stuff to install woud be nice (I put sbsettings on and winterboard)
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 12:51   #1625
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

yup, 3.1.3 is the last for the 2g, I would suggest a couple of themes, some games and whatsapp messenger (Cross platform sort of blackberry messenger thing)
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 13:41   #1626
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
yup, 3.1.3 is the last for the 2g, I would suggest a couple of themes, some games and whatsapp messenger (Cross platform sort of blackberry messenger thing)
Thank you
Old 05-07-2011, 21:00   #1627
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I know it's an old out of date iPhone (2g) but I have been busy jailbreaking it and seeing what it CAN do rather than what apple thinks it can do

Apple say you can't run multitasking / wallpapers / folders on the original iPhone.

Some techy people have got together and released a modified 3.1.3 firmware which can do just that (as well as a few other tweaks).

I have attached a couple of piccys to show what I mean.

If you have an old iPhone 2g knocking around you should give it a go

If you DO want the deteails of the site you'd better PM and ask as I'm not %100 sure of it's legality.
Attached Images
File Type: png folder.PNG (283.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png multitasking.PNG (283.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png standard.PNG (313.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-07-2011, 18:35   #1628
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Jailbreakme.com version 3 has been released, and is capable of Jailbreaking any iDevice running iOS 4.3.3 (including the iPad 2) simply by visiting it using the iDevice's Safari browser.

http://www.mactrast.com/2011/07/jail...l-ios-devices/

http://www.jailbreakme.com/
Old 02-09-2011, 12:40   #1629
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

iPhone5 lost in bar right on schedule

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09..._goes_missing/
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 22:12   #1630
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

At long last, Channel 4 have released an app to enable you to view programmes on 4od Catch up..

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/4od-c...4037?mt=8&uo=4
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 22:24   #1631
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
At long last, Channel 4 have released an app to enable you to view programmes on 4od Catch up..

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/4od-c...4037?mt=8&uo=4
I've had it on my iPad for ages now.

Some really cool apps out there now.
Old 05-09-2011, 22:36   #1632
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I've had it on my iPad for ages now.

Some really cool apps out there now.
It did come out on the iPad several months ago. Was just pointing out that Channel 4 have done something they should have (IMO) done months ago and released it on the iPhone.

There's a new version on the iPad as well.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 21:50   #1633
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

EA's having a September sale on the App Store..."Up to 80% off". Loads of great games at bargain prices
Old 07-09-2011, 14:14   #1634
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Just been into Vodafone as I got a text this morning saying I could upgrade early, anyway, they are all buzzing, apparently by the end of play tonight the release date will be announced for iphone 5, in the shop they're going for the 10th, seems a bit too soon after announcement, surely ?

Not sure whether I'm going down the iphone route yet, might stick with android.
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 13:03   #1635
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack
Iphone 5

hi when does the iphone 5 come out?
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote