Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo troubles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo troubles

Old 30-08-2012, 16:30   #31
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Tivo troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Pity some of the simple things on V+ are too complicated for TiVo.
Such as?

Other than archiving to DVD, which Tivo cannot do and possibly some red button services, I don't think there's anything that the V+ can do that the Tivo can't; and certainly nothing in a 'more complicated' way.

Also, don't forget that there was also a 'premium' on the V+ for years.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-08-2012, 16:53   #32
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Only glad that I am not paying a premium for the TiVo. Agree it is for the most part its what you make of it. Pity some of the simple things on V+ are too complicated for TiVo.
Really as thats news to me.
Old 30-08-2012, 17:21   #33
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Only glad that I am not paying a premium for the TiVo. Agree it is for the most part its what you make of it. Pity some of the simple things on V+ are too complicated for TiVo.
I've heard others say that VM's Tivo makes the simple seem complicated.
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 17:26   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly_ View Post
Yet another untruth courtesy of the Sky marketing department...
Old 30-08-2012, 17:28   #35
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
"heard"?

Course you did - bless.......

Did you "hear it" from a "friend"?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 17:30   #36
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
No. Probably not
Old 30-08-2012, 21:35   #37
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

Are any of us allowed to say negative things about TiVo on here anymore?
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2012, 21:38   #38
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
Of course as constructive criticisms are perfectly fine but when the negativity come from Skys loyal advertising department then you have to be a touch wary.
Old 30-08-2012, 21:53   #39
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Quote:
As already said, if it is a genuine criticism of TiVo with some evidence to back it up, or has happened to others then negative things will be treated kinder than those who keep posting about how it is crap without anything to back it up, mostly those who are SKY customers who are jealous that Virgin customers can get the TiVo box.

Oh, and another person to add to my ignore list as well.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 00:49   #40
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
No.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 01:23   #41
Jameseh

Nothing is complicated, it just requires a few more button presses than it used to. It explains everything so it's probably better for not very tech-savvy folk.
Old 31-08-2012, 10:40   #42
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Such as?

Other than archiving to DVD, which Tivo cannot do and possibly some red button services, I don't think there's anything that the V+ can do that the Tivo can't; and certainly nothing in a 'more complicated' way.

Also, don't forget that there was also a 'premium' on the V+ for years.

referring back.

The Red button as it was( Down to BBC I suspect) , a simple reminder ( I JUST want a reminder not a record if you do not respond,sorry). Sure TiVo can do things but it makes you work for them.

Premium yes & I was happy to pay for those extra services .
What TiVo offers no, As I have no use for them . I understand others think its great, great for them. Please do not get so upset that some people still prefer to cut their own bread Why o Why do some people get so upset if anything Virgin is questioned

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Nothing is complicated, it just requires a few more button presses than it used to. It explains everything so it's probably better for not very tech-savvy folk.
It makes you run around. One touch buttons would be good
Old 31-08-2012, 10:51   #43
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and Broadband size L V+HD and VHD
chunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Don't be silly, TiVo is amazing and we all need to love it! < sarcasm
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 11:08   #44
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
The Red button as it was( Down to BBC I suspect)...
"As was"? What about now? And yes, just like the iPlayer, red buttoon content is under the BBC's control; not VM's.

Quote:
a simple reminder ( I JUST want a reminder not a record if you do not respond,sorry).
That was the only way it could be implemented. If you are in front of the TV to see the reminder, you can cancel the recording. If (for whatever reason) you are not, then isn't it good that it records it as it's better than you missing it, isn't it?

Quote:
What TiVo offers no, As I have no use for them.
So you don't want to find content from your fave director or starring your fave actor, or on a paticular subject? Well, okay

And you don't want clashes that can't be solved by having an extra tuner resolved automatically for you? Well, okay
Old 31-08-2012, 11:16   #45
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
"As was"? What about now? And yes, just like the iPlayer, red buttoon content is under the BBC's control; not VM's.

That was the only way it could be implemented. If you are in front of the TV to see the reminder, you can cancel the recording. If (for whatever reason) you are not, then isn't it good that it records it as it's better than you missing it, isn't it?

So you don't want to find content from your fave director or starring your fave actor, or on a paticular subject? Well, okay

And you don't want clashes that can't be solved by having an extra tuner resolved automatically for you? Well, okay
Fave director - do not have a clue who directed anything
Clashes - +1 is easy to use. Honestly with 2 boxes in the house & a Sender its not a problem