Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 04-06-2011, 11:42   #1441
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I think unfortunately its when more than if.

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Yes its wrong but unfortunately money talks.

Yes you are right the big grubby world of money in which everybody needs its but the minority of people have more of it then the majority.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2011, 16:39   #1442
Retro-Cable'94
Inactive

Retro-Cable'94 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's happened to the red button service on Sky Sports 1 for Cable?, I want to watch the Cricket with WI vs. IND as well, the service was available only a fortnight ago!

I wish the Sky Sports "Active" red button service was available for the Cricket on Virgin Media. (i.e. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKpQ9jhIQss)
Retro-Cable'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 17:05   #1443
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Cable'94 View Post
What's happened to the red button service on Sky Sports 1 for Cable?, I want to watch the Cricket with WI vs. IND as well, the service was available only a fortnight ago!

I wish the Sky Sports "Active" red button service was available for the Cricket on Virgin Media. (i.e. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKpQ9jhIQss)
Goodness knows mate the nearest i have come to finding out is by emailing neil berkett and if you read one of my earlier psotings on this thread i was called up and given some explanation see post 1424 page 95.All in all though its a very poor state of affairs a bit like Kevin pietersens recent batting performances..
Old 05-06-2011, 10:51   #1444
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

It looks like the HD charge per box is defo being removed on Sky in September not sure how this affects VM charge.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...&postcount=101

I've seen many other posts stating the same and a Sky worker who claims the same.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:53   #1445
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It looks like the HD charge per box is defo being removed on Sky in September not sure how this affects VM charge.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...&postcount=101

I've seen many other posts stating the same and a Sky worker who claims the same.
If Sky do drop this charge then Virgin will have to follow such very quickly in my mind.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:55   #1446
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
If Sky do drop this charge then Virgin will have to follow such very quickly in my mind.
$ky might continue to insist vm customers are charged it to cover extra carriage costs.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:23   #1447
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

It will be interesting to see what happens , Sky are changing some of their packages about in September and a Sky employee says the max rise anyone will see is £1.00 with some seeing a reduction and some froze , I'll believe that when I see it LOL.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:23   #1448
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Virgin have no say alone in whether they drop the charge or not, it's set by a commercial agreement with Sky
Old 05-06-2011, 11:26   #1449
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Virgin have no say alone in whether they drop the charge or not, it's set by a commercial agreement with Sky

And that is not going to be revealed but Virgin have to remain competive at the end of the day.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:41   #1450
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
And that is not going to be revealed but Virgin have to remain competive at the end of the day.
Well indeed, but if Virgin say to Sky 'we want to drop the £7 per box to remain competative' and Sky say 'no we wan't the revenue' not much they can do
Old 05-06-2011, 11:43   #1451
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Well indeed, but if Virgin say to Sky 'we want to drop the £7 per box to remain competative' and Sky say 'no we wan't the revenue' not much they can do
But then thats anti-competitive in my mind.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:45   #1452
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Exactly this is always a problem when your just selling another companies channels.
Old 16-06-2011, 20:54   #1453
gers
Inactive

gers can only hope to improve

Is there any red button stuff this weekend?
gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 14:17   #1454
gers
Inactive

gers can only hope to improve

Is there anything on red button this week?
gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 14:19   #1455
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers View Post
Is there anything on red button this week?
Well if Virgin had a lists of events that are on the red button that would be a help but remember we are still in phase 1 of the red button.