Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 15-07-2011, 21:10   #1486
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash88uk View Post
It should be all about launching it on both box's before the football season starts. If they are working on it everyday it should be possible.
If both VM and Sky had the desire then I'm sure we'd already have it by now. Who gains most by dragging their heels
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2011, 21:20   #1487
gers
Inactive

gers can only hope to improve

We could be watching extra-time rugby or whatever they call the feature for super league
gers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 22:38   #1488
jab1990
Inactive

jab1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have used the red button twice.
Once a loading box came up but nothing happened and the box became unresponsive. (on v+ box)
The second time, tonight, the new stream loaded but a loading box remained and the box became unresponsive. (on an old telewest pace box)
I hope VM sort these issues out.
jab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 11:22   #1489
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Had the same as you jab1990 on a VHD box. Watched the extra-time rugby with the loading box then had to power down to get out of it.
Hopefully they will sort it soon.
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 11:42   #1490
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofrok View Post
Had the same as you jab1990 on a VHD box. Watched the extra-time rugby with the loading box then had to power down to get out of it.
Hopefully they will sort it soon.
ditto with V+ box
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 11:58   #1491
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
ditto with V+ box
yes it happened to me too it just froze up saying please wait after 10mins i had to reboot v+ box
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 12:02   #1492
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well it was fine with me and l used it a few times.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 12:27   #1493
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well it was fine with me and l used it a few times.
Den there's nothin worse than a born again Virgin fanboy

Good luck to you mate
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 12:35   #1494
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Den there's nothin worse than a born again Virgin fanboy

Good luck to you mate
No no no l will comment on things and if l feel the need to criticise Virgin l will and l will not pull any punches about it but in the last 6 months they have been very good to me.
Old 16-07-2011, 13:07   #1495
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
No no no l will comment on things and if l feel the need to criticise Virgin l will and l will not pull any punches about it but in the last 6 months they have been very good to me.
Ah so your silence has been bought

Ah well in for a penny, Virgin I think your tv service is crap. Give me two years of free VIP service and I'll shut up
Old 16-07-2011, 13:11   #1496
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Ah so your silence has been bought

Ah well in for a penny, Virgin I think your tv service is crap. Give me two years of free VIP service and I'll shut up
Yes we do need a few more channels and l expect these to come later this year but on the other tv fronts Virgin,s on demand is much superior to Sky's anytime offering and also remember that Virgin's tivo is far superior to Sky's set top box and is likely to pull further ahead in the coming months as it has only scratched the surface so far and by the way do you require some tape to put around your mouth.
Old 16-07-2011, 13:24   #1497
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Only trying to educate the deluded my friend
Old 16-07-2011, 13:45   #1498
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yes we do need a few more channels and l expect these to come later this year but on the other tv fronts Virgin,s on demand is much superior to Sky's anytime offering and also remember that Virgin's tivo is far superior to Sky's set top box and is likely to pull further ahead in the coming months as it has only scratched the surface so far and by the way do you require some tape to put around your mouth.
I will give you that VM have catchup but there's no way they beat Skys OD, content wise. You keep saying how advanced TIVO is and the search and wishlist features are good however the box still has no access to BBC red button or to keep on topic no Sky sports red button , something a Pace SD Sky box has , just remind me how the epg updates to schedule changes ;-)
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 13:56   #1499
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I will give you that VM have catchup but there's no way they beat Skys OD, content wise. You keep saying how advanced TIVO is and the search and wishlist features are good however the box still has no access to BBC red button or to keep on topic no Sky sports red button , something a Pace SD Sky box has.
Ah your master has summoned you to do his bidding but on your eloquent points you have made firstly on VOD Sky has 500 hours of OD content while Virgin have nearly 5000 hours of OD content so that is a very one sided contest in my mind and on your other point we know that Phase 2 of the red button will arrive on normal boxes at the end of July and arrive on the tivo thereafter and same apply to the BBC red button which will be added to the tivo in due time so l think we both know in due time that Virgins tv service driven by tivo especially will knock spots of Sky's tv service.
Old 16-07-2011, 13:59   #1500
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Ah your master has summoned you to do his bidding but on your eloquent points you have made firstly on VOD Sky has 500 hours of OD content while Virgin have nearly 5000 hours of OD content so that is a very one sided contest in my mind and on your other point we know that Phase 2 of the red button will arrive on normal boxes at the end of July and arrive on the tivo thereafter and same apply to the BBC red button which will be added to the tivo in due time so l think we both know in due time that Virgins tv service driven by tivo especially will knock spots of Sky's tv service.
Thanks for answering , so you admit your statement is currently wrong With Added being a popular word , like how you skirted past the schedule change question , basically a fundamental of any good PVR. Hope you don't have to long a wait thought for your sports red button services. I'm only pulling your leg pal
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote