Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I fancy getting a 27 inch monitor

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I fancy getting a 27 inch monitor

Old 15-04-2014, 18:54   #16
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: I fancy getting a 27 inch monitor

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm looking into a 24" monitor (1080p), but after looking it's not easy to understand what's best. Monitors today seems to come with problems like ghosting etc.

I'm looking for something around the £150 mark, 1080p, mainly for gaming and photography. But nothing from Samsung.

What should I be looking out for? Thx.
Old 15-04-2014, 22:59   #17
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

My last two were relatively cheap 24 inchers from Samsung, no issues with Samsung here (no ghosting either)
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 09:56   #18
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm looking into a 24" monitor (1080p), but after looking it's not easy to understand what's best. Monitors today seems to come with problems like ghosting etc.

I'm looking for something around the £150 mark, 1080p, mainly for gaming and photography. But nothing from Samsung.

What should I be looking out for? Thx.
Try Acer i have no complaints from them.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 07:05   #19
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Is it worth getting a 120hz monitor, though a bit more expensive.

It's harder deciding on a monitor than a whole new PC system.
Old 17-04-2014, 10:11   #20
techguyone
Deus Vult

techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age

Depends if you get headaches or notice back light flicker/get eye strain.

You can get 60Hz monitors with flicker free tech too, for example the monitor I'm ordering (though that is £25 over your budget & 3 inches bigger) has effective flicker free tech.

I find the site TFT Central

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/

pretty much the best resource for research with no bias to any particular make, they also have here

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/selector.htm

a configurator where you enter your requirements and it offers up suggestions, which may not be a bad starting point.
Old 17-04-2014, 11:30   #21
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

I have a 27" AOC monitor actually the same one as Rob and it's perfectly fine for gaming.

It runs at 1080p 60hz in Windows and some games, but if the game allows you to change the refresh rate of the monitor then you can set the games to 75hz and it just feels alot better and smoother.

The 120hz or 144hz monitors are really good but, do take a decent graphics card to drive them at that refresh rate.

IPS panels are good for colour correction work etc and do have some input lag for gaming but they can be, used for gaming quite easily.

TN panels have slightly lower viewing angles compared to a IPS screen but have practically no input lag and are not as good for colour correction work, but they are better for gaming than IPS panels.

I will be replacing my monitor at some point in the next 12 months but it will be for a 4K monitor as hopefully, within the next 12 months the Gsync 4K monitors will be out.
Old 12-07-2014, 15:22   #22
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

i have a 27 inch monitor and TV built in. get best of both.

27" Samsung FULL HD Monitor/TV SyncMaster T27B300Y
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 15:57   #23
techguyone
Deus Vult

After measuring my desk space, I *might* be able to get a 30 incher in, but Man they are so expensive.
Old 14-07-2014, 12:57   #24
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

Just wait ultra HD and 4K monitor. The price will fall down after few years.
Can can change the resolution to 720p or 1080p or 4k if you like.
Old 14-07-2014, 19:01   #25
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

They're already pretty cheap tbh. A few years ago I bought my 24" 1080p monitor for £400, now I can get a 28" 4K monitor for £500.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 23:57   #26
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

From all of umbrokhan786's recent posts he'll be waiting to drink water for the next few years because it'll be cheaper then. He'll be driving to work in a £10 Ferrari by that point too.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 16:04   #27
truthspeaker
cf.addict

LOL. if i oready have something that is working.. then why rush?
if its broken or not working then I will get it straight away.

anyway PCI Express 4 is coming.
maybe USB 4 might come out aswell
even SATA 4 might also come out.

every time something new comes out.
Old 30-07-2014, 21:22   #28
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

PCI Express 5 is coming too. And 6. And 7. And 8.

Might as well wait for USB 42 at this rate!
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 21:44   #29
truthspeaker
cf.addict

when windows 9 comes out, or windows 10 starts running slow or starts lagging on my computer. then its time to upgrade. to a new computer.
Old 31-07-2014, 00:12   #30
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

<deleted>

Edit Rob: Let's stick to the topic of monitors, not people's current affairs posts thanks

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
<deleted>

Edit Rob: Let's stick to the topic of monitors, not people's current affairs posts thanks
Boooooooo