Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 12:31   #166
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
No inside news - yet but my total channels has gone up by the same number.

So maybe Virgin Media are just testing them - or the following channels are maybe testing as I know they are ''In Talks'' with Virgin.

1) Premier Sports
2) ITV2 HD
3) ITV3 HD
4) ITV4 HD
5) Sky Sports F1
6) Sky Sports F1 HD
I fell that 2012 would be a good year for more channel on Virgin TV!
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2012, 12:43   #167
gcampbell
Inactive

Services: Sky + HD
gcampbell is on a distinguished roadgcampbell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
I fell that 2012 would be a good year for more channel on Virgin TV!
Possibly for sports anyway!!

As for Sky Atlantic, the guy I spoke to yesterday from VM who called to get feedback on why I was leaving could give no guarantee over the channel coming anytime soon.

He also said that he himself went to Sky because of shows like Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones.

Sky Atlantic would not further the dumbing down of the UK populace, Sky Living is doing that fine by itself.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:50   #168
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcampbell View Post

As for Sky Atlantic, the guy I spoke to yesterday from VM who called to get feedback on why I was leaving could give no guarantee over the channel coming anytime soon.

He also said that he himself went to Sky because of shows like Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones.

Sky Atlantic would not further the dumbing down of the UK populace, Sky Living is doing that fine by itself.
Eventually, Sky Living will replaced by Sky Reallty (showing Katie Price programmes, Big Brother, Only way is Essex...
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53   #169
Rise
Inactive

Rise is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

So maybe Virgin Media are just testing them - or the following channels are maybe testing as I know they are ''In Talks'' with Virgin.

1) Premier Sports
2) ITV2 HD
3) ITV3 HD
4) ITV4 HD
5) Sky Sports F1
6) Sky Sports F1 HD

Personally I think it's unlikely all of those are being tested by Virgin at the moment, if only because it comes accross as too much, too soon, they'l probably stagger the launches of these channels accross 2012.

How many streams does a HD channel take up anyway? 1? 2? I don't personally understand the system that much, I thought maybe Virgin would be launching more news channels/remaining CBS ones, certainly the ITV channels seem to be the most likely to launch very soon.

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Quote:

Speaking of Sky Atlantic, I find the channel to be a pointless replacement for Channel One, virtually all the daytime programming is from Channel One, so they essentially closed the channels they bought off Virgin to launch a carbon copy with HBO programming at night.

Up until 8pm tonight you're in for a treat with Star Trek Enterprise, Voyager and endless repeats of ER on Sky Atlantic.

Hope Virgin doesn't pay too much for this channel, wouldn't mind if this was testing though.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:54   #170
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise View Post
Personally I think it's unlikely all of those are being tested by Virgin at the moment, if only because it comes accross as too much, too soon, they'l probably stagger the launches of these channels accross 2012.

How many streams does a HD channel take up anyway? 1? 2? I don't personally understand the system that much, I thought maybe Virgin would be launching more news channels/remaining CBS ones, certainly the ITV channels seem to be the most likely to launch very soon.

Speaking of Sky Atlantic, I find the channel to be a pointless replacement for Channel One, virtually all the daytime programming is from Channel One, so they essentially closed the channels they bought off Virgin to launch a carbon copy with HBO programming at night.

Up until 8pm tonight you're in for a treat with Star Trek Enterprise, Voyager and endless repeats of ER on Sky Atlantic.

Hope Virgin doesn't pay too much for this channel, wouldn't mind if this was testing though.
Sky Atlantic, does however contain HBO shows, not sure if any HBO shows were on Channel One/Virgin 1
Old 10-01-2012, 12:59   #171
Rise
Inactive

Rise is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't remember Channel One having HBO stuff, however I just found the whole thing odd, they had a good viewerbase with Channel One on Freeview/Sky/Virgin, much more viewers anyway, they could of just put HBO shows into the schedule and it would be Sky Atlantic without the need for a name change.

This is probably why Virgin Media haven't given into Skys demands as quickly as some people would of liked, as they likely see its just a channel with Channel One programs + New HBO shows.
Old 10-01-2012, 13:07   #172
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Don't remember Channel One having HBO stuff, however I just found the whole thing odd, they had a good viewerbase with Channel One on Freeview/Sky/Virgin, much more viewers anyway, they could of just put HBO shows into the schedule and it would be Sky Atlantic without the need for a name change.

This is probably why Virgin Media haven't given into Skys demands as quickly as some people would of liked, as they likely see its just a channel with Channel One programs + New HBO shows.
No

Sky close Bravo and Bravo 2 down for Sky Atlantic and Sky Atlantic HD to launch on Bravo's EPG Channel numbers on Sky plus to not let Virgin Media or any other broadcasts have Sky Atlantic or Sky Atlantic HD.

Channel One, Channel One +1, Bravo +1 and Jackpot Challenge was closedown by Sky and Sky did sold their EPG slots on Sky to other broadcasters.

But Sky reuse their Channel One EPG slot on Freeview for Challenge.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 10-01-2012, 13:22   #173
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

1) Premier Sports
2) ITV2 HD
3) ITV3 HD
4) ITV4 HD
5) Sky Sports F1
6) Sky Sports F1 HD
Very interesting indeed.
Old 10-01-2012, 13:23   #174
gcampbell
Inactive

Services: Sky + HD
gcampbell is on a distinguished roadgcampbell is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I don't really care what they (or indeed any channel) show during the day while I'm at work, pretty much all channels show rubbish in the daytime tbh.

It's the first-run HBO drama that sells it to me.
Old 10-01-2012, 15:24   #175
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I don't really care what they (or indeed any channel) show during the day while I'm at work, pretty much all channels show rubbish in the daytime tbh.

It's the first-run HBO drama that sells it to me.
same here!
Old 10-01-2012, 15:49   #176
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:

1) Premier Sports
2) ITV2 HD
3) ITV3 HD
4) ITV4 HD
5) Sky Sports F1
6) Sky Sports F1 HD
Cheers MB on the ball as always mate
Old 10-01-2012, 15:54   #177
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Cheers MB on the ball as always mate
But as no deal have been signed as far as I know I think they are just ''Engineering'' Channels.

UPDATED List:

1) Premier Sports
2) ITV2 HD
3) ITV3 HD
4) ITV4 HD
5) Sky Sports F1
6) Channel 5 +1
Old 10-01-2012, 15:54   #178
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
But as no deal have been signed as far as I know I think they are just ''Engineering'' Channels.
In other words testing them out MB.
Old 10-01-2012, 15:55   #179
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
In other words testing them out MB.
Yes just testing out.
Old 10-01-2012, 16:04   #180
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Most pay TV channels just use filler content during the day , key shows will always be shown at night as the simple fact is more people view at that time. Sky Atlantic have some great shows you only need to check some of the user ratings on imdb.
Closed Thread