Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 14-02-2011, 20:05   #2251
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Who needs TiVo when they have this thread to keep them entertained?

In other news why does this box need power levels to be spot on? I take it this is just a precaution as it would look pretty bad if the box showed any signs of issues.
In the year dot when us pre reg get ours power levels will probably be irrelevant LOL
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2011, 20:09   #2252
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

No call either

I was told on Thursday that they were working through the pre-reg list and that they should be finished by the end of today.

In all honesty this is all getting rather pathetic. Every time I speak to Virgin they tell me different things. I know, I know it's not launched blah blah blah but after today I know two people personally who are getting/got TiVo and many others on here and other forums who have as well. All I want is to be able to get it at the same time as everyone else, I don't care about the deals on offer. I paid £400+ for skyHD on launch and I was glad, even though it didn't work for over a month. I have, and always will, be an early adopter of tech, I don't mind paying for the privilege either, so why can't I get it. I have the money waiting, Pay full whack for the VIP50 package plus extras and I have done so for a while. I also registered on the first day the website launched asking for interested people

Call me a moaner or whatever, but this is how I fell and so many others. If this is how I feel I have every right to moan if I want to...
Old 14-02-2011, 20:18   #2253
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

With regards to the TiVo, can you back up stuff to disc via a scart as you can with the V+?
Old 14-02-2011, 20:24   #2254
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
No call either

I was told on Thursday that they were working through the pre-reg list and that they should be finished by the end of today.

In all honesty this is all getting rather pathetic. Every time I speak to Virgin they tell me different things. I know, I know it's not launched blah blah blah but after today I know two people personally who are getting/got TiVo and many others on here and other forums who have as well. All I want is to be able to get it at the same time as everyone else, I don't care about the deals on offer. I paid £400+ for skyHD on launch and I was glad, even though it didn't work for over a month. I have, and always will, be an early adopter of tech, I don't mind paying for the privilege either, so why can't I get it. I have the money waiting, Pay full whack for the VIP50 package plus extras and I have done so for a while. I also registered on the first day the website launched asking for interested people

Call me a moaner or whatever, but this is how I fell and so many others. If this is how I feel I have every right to moan if I want to...
It has been utterly shambolic since the pre-reg at the start of december, we have heard nothing since then and are no nearer to knowing at this present time, I have my money ready but I suspect we in for the long wait yet, totally pathetic this is.
Old 14-02-2011, 20:25   #2255
dazgwinn
Inactive

dazgwinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
No call either

I know exactly how you feel.
I was trying to tell the folks at work about it and they thought that i had gone mad.
I wish they would pull their fingers out!
I really think they are alienating some of their best customers at the end of the day.
dazgwinn
Old 14-02-2011, 20:33   #2256
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Within the next few weeks it is going to start all over again
Old 14-02-2011, 20:36   #2257
ottoni
cf.addict

ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold

Phoned cust services and they happen to put me through to the 'tivo' team apparently. The guy said I was definitely on the list as he could tell I had pre registered. He said they have about 50 more pre reg's to get through, and that all xl pre reg's will not have to pay the £40 install fee! He said to expect a call within 48-72 hours.
Old 14-02-2011, 20:44   #2258
big_dirk
Inactive

big_dirk will become famous soon enoughbig_dirk will become famous soon enoughbig_dirk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
With regards to the TiVo, can you back up stuff to disc via a scart as you can with the V+?
yea pretty sure you can, not tried it yet though.
Old 14-02-2011, 20:47   #2259
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
Phoned cust services and they happen to put me through to the 'tivo' team apparently. The guy said I was definitely on the list as he could tell I had pre registered. He said they have about 50 more pre reg's to get through, and that all xl pre reg's will not have to pay the £40 install fee! He said to expect a call within 48-72 hours.
Can't see that mate theres more than 50 on here still waiting and u would think most on here registered early.
Old 14-02-2011, 21:08   #2260
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
In other news why does this box need power levels to be spot on? I take it this is just a precaution as it would look pretty bad if the box showed any signs of issues.
Strange how you never needed correct power levels for terrestrial tv, dialup modem and landline, freeview and freesat, but broadband and cable tv .......
Old 14-02-2011, 21:22   #2261
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltiger View Post
Strange how you never needed correct power levels for terrestrial tv, dialup modem and landline, freeview and freesat, but broadband and cable tv .......
You definitely need the correct power signals for Freeview/Terrestrial TV, not enough has ever reached my house.
Old 14-02-2011, 21:22   #2262
dazgwinn
Inactive

dazgwinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
Bet i'm last man standing!
Dazgwinn
Old 14-02-2011, 21:31   #2263
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon60 View Post
You definitely need the correct power signals for Freeview/Terrestrial TV, not enough has ever reached my house.
But who sorts the levels out, you just plug in a freeview and it works .
Old 14-02-2011, 21:37   #2264
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon60 View Post
That will be a poor aerial or poor reception in your area and nothing to do with any power levels as with Virginmedia or SKY.
Old 14-02-2011, 21:47   #2265
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

It's the vagueness that is annoying me.

All I want is an install date! Whether it's March, April, June, or November. Just give me a date and I'll stop posting on cable forums like a saddo!*

*That was a joke, btw.
Closed Thread