Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 22-08-2012, 00:00   #931
Jameseh

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Bet after all the build up its NHK World HD.

Advertisement
Old 22-08-2012, 00:49   #932
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd bet it sky atlantic HD
Old 22-08-2012, 00:51   #933
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryn9000 View Post
i bet it not
Old 22-08-2012, 01:01   #934
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

well from what MB is saying it a few SD channels and 1 HD channel it could very well be if he ain't gonna post the the channel because it is sky atlantic it make sense
Old 22-08-2012, 01:12   #935
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

New minority sports channel to launch in november:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...ch?INTCMP=SRCH

The channel will initially only be available to BSkyB's satellite TV customers, but is seeking wider distribution.

So will this be on Virgin before the 2014 Olympics?
Old 22-08-2012, 01:27   #936
mattfrn
Inactive

Services: Premium collection
mattfrn is on a distinguished roadmattfrn is on a distinguished road

TCM Hd is the hd channel launching.
Old 22-08-2012, 01:31   #937
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Does anyone subscribe to What HiFi?

About 2 weeks ago Media Boy posted the following link:

https://twitter.com/whathifi/status/230674076425920513

"We've had a sneak preview of some exciting new Virgin TV products. Under embargo for now but full details in next month's magazine..."

"It's in the October issue, on sale August 24th. September issue is already on sale."

Looks like we are 2 days away from What Hifi spilling the beans on some exciting stuff coming our way.

---------- Post added at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfrn View Post
TCM Hd is the hd channel launching.
Mental. I just turned on TCM and hey presto they played the advert confiming TCM HD is coming soon. The advert doesn't confirm it's exclusive to SKY etc....

I think you are 100% correct. I'm placing my money on TCM HD launching next on Virgin.

The video of the trailer is on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQMfVdLnfcE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The channel is coming "This September"
Old 22-08-2012, 05:51   #938
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
If it is only one new HD channel that will be some what disappointing, although one is better than none.
As always great man your positivity knows no bounds.
Old 22-08-2012, 06:38   #939
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

The more I think about this the more it seems inevitable that ESPN is either going to have to take a pay cut or leave the XL package if the missing channels are to appear. Quick comparison of an equivalent Sky TV bundle sans ESPN and they come out at roughly the same price.

Would be interesting to know which direction would be financially more beneficial to VM - before the football rights change I would have said ESPN XL, now not so much.
Old 22-08-2012, 09:03   #940
carmad
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media Tivo 1TB/Vivid200
carmad has a spectacular aura about themcarmad has a spectacular aura about themcarmad has a spectacular aura about themcarmad has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryn9000 View Post
I hope not as there are much better channels out there
Old 22-08-2012, 09:15   #941
ChrisB74
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV, BB, Phone XL
ChrisB74 is a name known to allChrisB74 is a name known to allChrisB74 is a name known to allChrisB74 is a name known to allChrisB74 is a name known to allChrisB74 is a name known to allChrisB74 is a name known to allChrisB74 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Does anyone subscribe to What HiFi?

About 2 weeks ago Media Boy posted the following link:

https://twitter.com/whathifi/status/230674076425920513

"We've had a sneak preview of some exciting new Virgin TV products. Under embargo for now but full details in next month's magazine..."

"It's in the October issue, on sale August 24th. September issue is already on sale."

Looks like we are 2 days away from What Hifi spilling the beans on some exciting stuff coming our way.

I have received the magazine and have read the article. They are launching a new service called TV Anywhere and will be available online, iPhone and iPad. From what I can make out from the very small article it is a full streaming service including your saved recordings. Also will be full remote control for TiVo customers.

Basically it sounds like a rival to the Sky Go application. Cool!

---------- Post added at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

Mental. I just turned on TCM and hey presto they played the advert confiming TCM HD is coming soon. The advert doesn't confirm it's exclusive to SKY etc....

I think you are 100% correct. I'm placing my money on TCM HD launching next on Virgin.

The video of the trailer is on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQMfVdLnfcE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The channel is coming "This September"
Old 22-08-2012, 09:43   #942
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmad View Post
I hope not as there are much better channels out there
exactly SA is most over hyped channel ever
Old 22-08-2012, 09:58   #943
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
But that's your opinion Dave , for me I feel it's adds value for money to my subscription.
Old 22-08-2012, 10:19   #944
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
But that's your opinion Dave , for me I feel it's adds value for money to my subscription.
correct MM know lots like it too but vast majority of sky customers dont watch it either but we all know it staying a sky exclusive
Old 22-08-2012, 10:35   #945
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
For once Dave l disagree with you.