Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016)
Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2016, 19:26   #1666
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I thought most (or all) channels can be streamed with MRS now?

BBC and ITV both work as I have used them today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Most can. There are still a couple of exceptions.
Good to know that progress in this area has been made. Duly noted for future reference. Thanks both for the info.
Advertisement
Old 28-04-2016, 21:47   #1667
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Irish TV 'In talks' to launch on Virgin Media.

The independent in Ireland is reporting that Virgin Media are in talks with Irish TV to appear on the company's media platform.

But We do not know if Irish TV will appear just on Virgin Media Ireland or also added on Virgin Media UK as well.

http://www.independent.ie/business/m...-34652213.html
I wouldn't put my hopes up; VM UK only want the best channels in their packages. NOT! But this is one channel that won't launch on VM UK.
Old 28-04-2016, 23:57   #1668
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
I wouldn't put my hopes up; VM UK only want the best channels in their packages. NOT! But this is one channel that won't launch on VM UK.
Thing is, why the hell would we want Irish TV? seriously!
Old 29-04-2016, 02:58   #1669
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
For the Irish among us perhaps?!?

---------- Post added at 02:37 ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why do you think I'm taking a pop at MB? I'm simply questioning VM's system of telling a select few about forthcoming developments for no apparent reason while denying the rest of us knowledge of what is going on.[COLOR="Silver"]
Because you are aiming your questions and frustrations squarely at MB. From what I can gather I think MB just knows people at VM, and they let him know what is potentially going to happen.

I seriously doubt the VM big wigs are e-mailing sensitive commercial information to a few select people, as you seem to be suggesting.

The DNPs will also be important because his sources could be one of a handful of people in the know, and if the info is leaked, it could possibly be tracked to that person.

Personally, I do not care what the arrangement is between VM and MB (and equally throne) I am grateful for the info MB and the one share with us - even if it is just DNPs.

---------- Post added at 02:58 ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 ----------

Quote:
The problem is, content is king, and without content, Virgin will continue to get left behind and the gap will widen.

However, whether or not they should participate in Premier League bidding, that is a different matter. Sports rights have got totally out of hand.
Pretty sure VM have a lot more content than a number of their rivals. The gap will widen against Sky, but that has always been the case, and always will be. VM simply don't have the money to challenge them.
Old 29-04-2016, 05:36   #1670
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
There are plenty of Irish people or people with Irish ancestry who live in this country MM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_..._Great_Britain
Old 29-04-2016, 07:49   #1671
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Have you taken a look at the TV schedules of Irish TV?

I certainly wouldn't watch it, even if I was Irish, and I can't see most people wasting their time watching this stuff. Why expect Virgin to rack up the costs in putting on channels that no-one will watch, just for the sake of it?
Old 29-04-2016, 10:38   #1672
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Have you taken a look at the TV schedules of Irish TV?

I certainly wouldn't watch it, even if I was Irish, and I can't see most people wasting their time watching this stuff. Why expect Virgin to rack up the costs in putting on channels that no-one will watch, just for the sake of it?
Depends if the channel coughs up for a slot on VM. VM UK already carries RTE radio nationally, but won't carry the TV channels outside NI due to rights issues & no doubt the cost to RTE, although VM Ireland carries the BBC & ITV channels.
Old 29-04-2016, 14:56   #1673
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Depends if the channel coughs up for a slot on VM. VM UK already carries RTE radio nationally, but won't carry the TV channels outside NI due to rights issues & no doubt the cost to RTE, although VM Ireland carries the BBC & ITV channels.
It would be good to get RTE though!
Old 29-04-2016, 17:55   #1674
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I thought most (or all) channels can be streamed with MRS now?

BBC and ITV both work as I have used them today.
I also thought multi room streaming was limited but was able to stream recorded programmes today from BBC One, Channel 4, ITV, and ITVBe.
Old 29-04-2016, 18:17   #1675
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Quote:
Staff trials were at the end of 2010 and the first customers got them in early 2011

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-new-tivo.html
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...reenshots.html

You mean like Sky and BT do? Careful what you wish for!
I was in that trial, those dates are correct!
Old 29-04-2016, 18:30   #1676
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil View Post
I also thought multi room streaming was limited but was able to stream recorded programmes today from BBC One, Channel 4, ITV, and ITVBe.
I checked today. The only channels that are still restricted are At The Races, RTE1 and RTE2.
Old 29-04-2016, 18:34   #1677
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
I checked today. The only channels that are still restricted are At The Races, RTE1 and RTE2.
That is massive progress. Well done VM.
Old 29-04-2016, 18:42   #1678
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

So it's just At The Races outside Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Old 29-04-2016, 18:51   #1679
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

It really amazes me that on a day when we get a letter, saying that our Sky sports package is going by 3.00 quid. Its a make in the teeth, when they say we get BT sport amongst the package - free.

VM must thinl that l am thick.

They claim that Sky have put up the package rate to us. No wonder customers complain..

Sky reps in Hounslow have said that they can offer us 50% discount if we return to Sky. For the first time, my wife even stopped to speak with them.

Anymore increases and we still have the same channels. Then it will be back to SKY
Old 29-04-2016, 18:55   #1680
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
It really amazes me that on a day when we get a letter, saying that our Sky sports package is going by 3.00 quid. Its a make in the teeth, when they say we get BT sport amongst the package - free.

VM must thinl that l am thick.

They claim that Sky have put up the package rate to us. No wonder customers complain..

Sky reps in Hounslow have said that they can offer us 50% discount if we return to Sky. For the first time, my wife even stopped to speak with them.

Anymore increases and we still have the same channels. Then it will be back to SKY
Arthur, what are you trying to say? Don't blame Virgin for Sky's price increase! You do realise that VM aren't making money on the Sky Sport channels, don't you? I don't think it is reasonable to expect them to operate at a loss!
Closed Thread