Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016)
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 09:12   #1696
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSADERS View Post
Only problem now is before i was using powerline adapters which was fine for the occasional stream... i now need to run cat5e and install a switch the make the most of this lol
I have to agree. I don't know why but powerline/homeplug adaptors aren't up to the job. I don't know why this is.
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2016, 09:40   #1697
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminkypinky View Post
The only recordings I have found not able to stream are those from Watch.

Interestingly you mention about wifi on the new boxes. The other day I was trying the streaming out and my powering network was having a moment which stoppe it from working. A message came up on screen saying if you are using a wifi connection then try Ethernet, not seen that before.
Well here is the thing it's thanks to forum members we found out because virgin again told us sod all. There used to be a site telling us what channels worked and how to set it up that all gone now.

Yeah the rumour comes that the new boxes will come equipped with wifi for streaming

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I have to agree. I don't know why but powerline/homeplug adaptors aren't up to the job. I don't know why this is.
Well I have the living room one hooked up via Ethernet and bedroom by powerline adapters and having no issues

Old 02-05-2016, 09:58   #1698
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
Well here is the thing it's thanks to forum members we found out because virgin again told us sod all.
Strange indeed are the ways of Virgin Media. I would have thought that this warranted at least an email to customers.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:16   #1699
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Strange indeed are the ways of Virgin Media. I would have thought that this warranted at least an email to customers.
Exactly something like you was aware there was some restrictions on recordings via multi room streaming well good news that is now lifted enjoy all recordings on all boxes score

Old 02-05-2016, 11:36   #1700
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Game of Thrones.

Oops no silly me, I was thinking of a relatives SkyGo account that I pilfer...
Old 02-05-2016, 12:11   #1701
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Game of Thrones.

Oops no silly me, I was thinking of a relatives SkyGo account that I pilfer...
Really is that needed Sky Atlantic is pish

Old 02-05-2016, 12:14   #1702
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes it is mostly but Sky Sports is nice to have too.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:19   #1703
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Yes it is mostly but Sky Sports is nice to have too.
Sky sports is on virgin media from streaming, on demand and HD where is the difference

Old 02-05-2016, 12:33   #1704
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Sky sports is on virgin media from streaming, on demand and HD where is the difference
The difference is that it's free . Worth pointing out that if you have a friend/relative with Sky, they are allowed 2 Sky Go accounts for streaming live channels and catch up.
Old 02-05-2016, 14:10   #1705
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The difference is that it's free . Worth pointing out that if you have a friend/relative with Sky, they are allowed 2 Sky Go accounts for streaming live channels and catch up.
Even better if you know a friend in the USA who gives you a tv login and you use a vpn get every single premiership match including 3pm kickoffs, get hbo live and on demand, get the top USA shows etc.
Old 02-05-2016, 14:23   #1706
andrewstevenson

Multi room steaming cool next we hopefully can stream recordings to box exciting

Old 02-05-2016, 15:41   #1707
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Sky Atlantic shows extremely good dramas that a lot of us want to see. It is Sky's best non premium channel.
Old 02-05-2016, 15:41   #1708
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSADERS View Post
Only problem now is before i was using powerline adapters which was fine for the occasional stream... i now need to run cat5e and install a switch the make the most of this lol
Why would you buy cat5e when cat6e/cat7 are so cheap?
Old 02-05-2016, 15:50   #1709
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol. 2 has now launched.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...l#post35835403

This thread will close soon.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-05-2016, 16:11   #1710
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sky Atlantic shows extremely good dramas that a lot of us want to see. It is Sky's best non premium channel.
Well the problem I think because sky offered channel but based of the ratings Virgin said it was over priced

Closed Thread