Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 12-08-2016, 14:33   #256
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
No company with any sense, when competing with a major rival such as Sky, would release pricing so far ahead of product launch.
Well that would put media boy sources out of date with info
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2016, 15:49   #257
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well that would put media boy sources out of date with info
I think you will find that time will prove me right in saying those prices are way off beam. Until an official announcement is made, it's best to hold your horses, or live to regret a hasty decision.

Even if you do find the initial price too expensive, the price is likely to reduce before the first year is out. If I remember correctly, that is what happened when the Tivo was first launched.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 15:54   #258
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think you will find that time will prove me right in saying those prices are way off beam. Until an official announcement is made, it's best to hold your horses, or live to regret a hasty decision.

Even if you do find the initial price too expensive, the price is likely to reduce before the first year is out. If I remember correctly, that is what happened when the Tivo was first launched.
Yeah well we will find out when virgin get there finger out
Old 12-08-2016, 15:56   #259
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Patience my dear chap as they will release the info when they are good and ready.
Old 12-08-2016, 15:57   #260
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yeah well we will find out when virgin get there finger out
The box isn't due to arrive for three or four months yet. There is no hurry.
Old 12-08-2016, 15:59   #261
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I'm sure spec wise it will be a good box but I'd sack the design team it looks awful.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 16:01   #262
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Its not how it looks MM as whats the good in a lovely looking machine if it is a load of rubbish?.
Old 12-08-2016, 16:05   #263
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm sure spec wise it will be a good box but I'd sack the design team it looks awful.
I know. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it. I thought it was a prototype of the old Jerrold box!
Old 12-08-2016, 16:19   #264
veeemmm

Quote:
Well sky has the 2tb limit so maybe that's why, mediaboy please respond
Sky doesn't have very dated compression algorithms so you can record a lot more in the same space with Sky and the picture is much sharper.
Old 12-08-2016, 16:53   #265
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
The box isn't due to arrive for three or four months yet. There is no hurry.
Well if they know there is speculation and it's incorrect it's better to fix it
Old 12-08-2016, 17:03   #266
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Well if they know there is speculation and it's incorrect it's better to fix it
Not really as they have not announced anything yet. If they publicise their prices this far in advance, Sky will take advantage of that situation to undermine Virgin.

What if, for example, the price was pitched lower than Sky Q? That would give Sky ample time to put together a revised package to compete better with Virgin.

No, I'm sorry, but you are going to have to wait until Virgin are good and ready. We probably won't know until around the launch date.
Old 12-08-2016, 17:23   #267
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Not really as they have not announced anything yet. If they publicise their prices this far in advance, Sky will take advantage of that situation to undermine Virgin.

What if, for example, the price was pitched lower than Sky Q? That would give Sky ample time to put together a revised package to compete better with Virgin.

No, I'm sorry, but you are going to have to wait until Virgin are good and ready. We probably won't know until around the launch date.
Yeah but on the other side, if they putting it out via sources it's £200 dearer than sky, they could lose customers £99 would have been reasonable and stable
Old 12-08-2016, 17:38   #268
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Just to quote from my earlier post in the this thread (#36):

""So far we've seen very little impact from the Sky Q which is of course a very expensive decoder and we're very focussed on improving the offer we have there and EOS is going to be a big part of that."

That was what Liberty/VM had to say about SkyQ a few months ago. So whatever they do, I cannot imagine they would make their service more expensive than Sky's.
Old 12-08-2016, 17:53   #269
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post

""So far we've seen very little impact from the Sky Q which is of course a very expensive decoder and we're very focussed on improving the offer we have there and EOS is going to be a big part of that."

That was what Liberty/VM had to say about SkyQ a few months ago. So whatever they do, I cannot imagine they would make their service more expensive than Sky's.
Quite. Eloquently put.
Old 12-08-2016, 17:59   #270
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post

Well taking that statement is true let's hope, or virgin mislead its customers