Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

Old 30-04-2012, 12:07   #76
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

Just wait for it to happen, less chance of bills and contracts getting messed up then.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-04-2012, 13:51   #77
ozzurh
Inactive

ozzurh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-Pod View Post
Verry happy to report that my area in Oldham as been double-speed upgraded...

before...

after...

Similar upload speed but that doesn't bother me. Now I need to find a use for 60MB download!
Strange, I'm in Oldham and still waiting for the upgrade!
ozzurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 15:03   #78
hemelvirgin
Inactive

Services: tivo & V+HD stb's. BB XL 60 MB ,Tv M+ & VM phone unlimited & VM blackberry contract
hemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

Hi,

rang 150 explained situation.

put through to customer services agreed to 12 month BB contract,bonus i got £3 reduction a month.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1923924484.png

my speeds are now above

cpc1-heme9-2-0
hemelvirgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 15:23   #79
GavChap
Inactive

Services: Virgin 60M BB, M+ TV, L Phone
GavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enough

So they ARE upgrading hemelites! Time to ring up.
GavChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 15:35   #80
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavChap View Post
So they ARE upgrading hemelites! Time to ring up.
There is a difference between an on request change/upgrade and the mass uplifts
Old 30-04-2012, 16:35   #81
BeafSalad
Inactive

BeafSalad is an unknown quantity at this point

cpc2-oldh9-2-0 upgraded today. Well that is what Virgins site is telling me but as yet the modem config has not been updated.
BeafSalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 17:13   #82
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambone View Post
Mine informed me I had to click "Upgrade me" which I did, and had to actually request the upgrade?
The problem is it hinders investment.

eg. if I found 50billion tommorow and then decided to spend it on a national FTTP rolliut, it would be harder for me to differ on advertising and get takeup because people without FTTP can advertise it as fiber anyway.

Sort of like the unlimited advertising, in that the value of true unlimited declined because everyone with specified limit FUP's and throttles were still allowed to call their service unlimited.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 17:21   #83
GavChap
Inactive

GavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enough

I've now got the upgraded message on VM, no new modem config yet. So still on 33.33Mb.
Old 30-04-2012, 18:52   #84
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
The problem is it hinders investment.

eg. if I found 50billion tommorow and then decided to spend it on a national FTTP rolliut, it would be harder for me to differ on advertising and get takeup because people without FTTP can advertise it as fiber anyway.

Sort of like the unlimited advertising, in that the value of true unlimited declined because everyone with specified limit FUP's and throttles were still allowed to call their service unlimited.
Course then the tech savvy still get to differentiate a few rare providers that are really unlimited or really fibre, as opposed to generic consumer "unlimited" or generic consumer "fibre". (Note: BT has both, VM has neither, and various other companies fall between these two extremes)
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 19:25   #85
hemelvirgin
Inactive

Services: tivo & V+HD stb's. BB XL 60 MB ,Tv M+ & VM phone unlimited & VM blackberry contract
hemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the roughhemelvirgin is a jewel in the rough
Angry Re: Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemelvirgin View Post

Hi,

rang 150 explained situation.

put through to customer services agreed to 12 month BB contract,bonus i got £3 reduction a month.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1923924484.png

my speeds are now above

cpc1-heme9-2-0
vm customer services have cut off my tivo service !!!!.

no emmerdale @ 7pm,the wife not happy

150 say the agent gave me a £3 discount BUT that meant my tivo & all the channels on M+ disappeared on that package.

obviously i would of not agreed to that if he said what the £3 discount was for ,i thought it was for loyalty staying with VM broadband for another year.

150 have reset my tivo account waiting now for the Tv to work.

not impressed,now paying what i was originally paying.
hemelvirgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 20:32   #86
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavChap View Post
I've now got the upgraded message on VM, no new modem config yet. So still on 33.33Mb.
Same here.

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 21:15   #87
philce
Inactive

Services: BB XL, TV XL TiVo, Phone M
philce is an unknown quantity at this point

Engineer came.... " no upgraded upload till July1st mate"!

Waste of time as expected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philce View Post
Exactly what I told the support guy many times!

Was in UK too!

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

Anyone in area 30 got the upgraded upload yet?
philce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:18   #88
dannyboy91uk
Inactive

Services: Sky World TV Sky +/Sky HD 100 MB Virgin Broadband.
dannyboy91uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw that Oldham had been upgraded but mine hasn't been upgraded from 50MB to 100MB as of yet? A guy in the fifth page had stated Oldham had been upgraded, if so why haven't I had any confirmation? I checked on the Virgin Media website and it says March - April and when I login, I see no green shiny bar indicating that it has been upgraded.

I am very sorry that I have gone off topic, as this is supposed to be an upgraded area thread only.
dannyboy91uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:20   #89
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

I'm now on 60meg in NG17

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:18   #90
GavChap
Inactive

Now on 60Mb in the modem config in Hemel Hempstead, however speed tests still showing 30, and I'm on a a gigabit switch to a gigabit router.