Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 06-03-2012, 19:33   #31
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
That may have been what they meant. What they said was that Sky Sorts Red Button (interactive) services are fully available. That's pretty clear as far as I'm concerned. How about "a bespoke red button service is now available to our customers"? Sounds good and covers the fact that it's not quite the "full" service available on Sky's platform. Honestly, it's not difficult, and Virgin are depressingly bad at it.

Should any statement from Virgin be open to interpretation anyway?
Dunno... I read it the way they intended though Not sure what the fuss is all about, personally

Does anyone know what VM customers don't get?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 19:36   #32
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

just tried the red button on SS4 and says no events, says next interactive event till 9th march
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 19:44   #33
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

looks like sky not letting VM have full red button to me
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 19:45   #34
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

same here, i havent tried v+ yet but i have tried tivo again and still nothing on there
Old 06-03-2012, 19:50   #35
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
just tried the red button on SS4 and says no events, says next interactive event till 9th march
So not that long to wait and remember the weekend will always bring many red button events
Old 06-03-2012, 19:51   #36
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
If that's the case Dave how come VM are getting access to Sky Sports F1 interactive features ?

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
same here, i havent tried v+ yet but i have tried tivo again and still nothing on there
Sky Sports 4/HD4 has red button but your not missing much as the red button is just the Arsenal v Milan which is on Sky Sports 2/HD2 anyway.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 19:51   #37
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well that was always going to be the cases with one or two things missing but we will still get a huge amount of red button content.
Old 06-03-2012, 19:52   #38
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
If that's the case Dave how come VM are getting access to Sky Sports F1 interactive features ?
sky are in control of what appears on VM red button if they not holding back why we not get fanzine ect and match choice tonight
Old 06-03-2012, 19:53   #39
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
So not that long to wait and remember the weekend will always bring many red button events
but wasnt there a link some where on her to say interactive was on tonight
Old 06-03-2012, 19:53   #40
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
sky are in control of what appears on VM red button not complaining about that it there feature but if they not holding back why we not get fanzone ect and match choice tonight
Old 06-03-2012, 19:54   #41
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
sky are in control of what appears on VM red button if they not holding back why we not get fanzine ect and match choice tonight
Why would Sky seriously hold back Fanzone I bet there's only one in ten fans actually bother with it , maybe the contract between the two only cover certain sports/events/features.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 19:54   #42
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:

Sky Sports 4/HD4 has red button but your not missing much as the red button is just the Arsenal v Milan which is on Sky Sports 2/HD2 anyway.
i get that but why cant us VM people see it, red button features i mean
Old 06-03-2012, 19:57   #43
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Because there are only two matches and they are on separate channels.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Quote:
Why would Sky seriously hold back Fanzone I bet there's only one in ten fans actually bother with it , maybe the contract between the two only cover certain sports/events/features.
l personally cannot stick Fanzone so it is no loss to me.
Old 06-03-2012, 19:59   #44
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
yes that could be it only sky and VM know what in contract though and we did get fanzone for one game just wondered why it disappeared again
Old 06-03-2012, 20:00   #45
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
sky are in control of what appears on VM red button not complaining about that it there feature but if they not holding back why we not get fanzone ect and match choice tonight
In the broadcasting section on D/S in a thread there are Sky customers complaining they are not getting Fanzone either sorry cannot link as i am at work at the moment.

Perhaps Sky are phasing it out who knows.