Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | sky sports red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

sky sports red button

Old 06-03-2012, 11:41   #16
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
Had to reboot stb to get rid of match choice button. It was even appearing when playing a bbc2 recorded programme!

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

My point us that the vm website states that "sky sports red button services are fully available....." which is clearly not true
All that means is that the Red button services are fully enabled on VM now and they are there. Doesn't mean that every event will feature red button content.
Old 06-03-2012, 13:39   #17
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
All that means is that the Red button services are fully enabled on VM now and they are there. Doesn't mean that every event will feature red button content.
To me it means that they're as per Sky which is not the case and therefore its misleading
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 13:42   #18
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
That makes sense. Thanks!
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 15:54   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy View Post
To me it means that they're as per Sky which is not the case and therefore its misleading
Just because you interpreted it that way doesn't mean that it is misleading.
Old 06-03-2012, 16:59   #20
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Just because you interpreted it that way doesn't mean that it is misleading.
To be fair Stephen he does have a point , perhaps the small print should state not all red button content is available on VM , I'm only presuming it doesn't say this from reading wickeds posts if it does I'm happy to be corrected.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 17:06   #21
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
To be fair Stephen he does have a point , perhaps the small print should state not all red button content is available on VM , I'm only presuming it doesn't say this from reading wickeds posts if it does I'm happy to be corrected.
As long as I get Red Zone during the season I am happy.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 17:17   #22
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Beat me to it. It might be the way he's interpreted it, but that's how I read it too.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 17:23   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I've yet to find that quote on the VM site.
Old 06-03-2012, 18:13   #24
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I've yet to find that quote on the VM site.
I think he is mis-interpreting this:

Quote:
Sky Sports Red Button (interactive) services are fully available for Virgin TV Sky Sports customers with a V+HD, VHD or V box and are currently being rolled out on TiVo boxes.
Click HERE
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 18:19   #25
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I think he is correctly interpreting that statement, and that Virgin have once again failed to properly communicate to their customers. It says red button services are "fully" available. What other meaning does that word have?
Old 06-03-2012, 19:09   #26
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I think he is correctly interpreting that statement, and that Virgin have once again failed to properly communicate to their customers. It says red button services are "fully" available. What other meaning does that word have?
open to interpretation I guess... VM mean that the V-Box, V-HD, V+HD and TiVo customers now have access.
Old 06-03-2012, 19:10   #27
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
There's a surpriseWe have been down this path so many times.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 19:16   #28
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
There's a surpriseWe have been down this path so many times.
Thats a bit harsh alwaysabear.
Old 06-03-2012, 19:19   #29
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Out of interest... what are the things that VM customers don't get on Sky Sports red button?
Old 06-03-2012, 19:28   #30
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
open to interpretation I guess... VM mean that the V-Box, V-HD, V+HD and TiVo customers now have access.
That may have been what they meant. What they said was that Sky Sorts Red Button (interactive) services are fully available. That's pretty clear as far as I'm concerned. How about "a bespoke red button service is now available to our customers"? Sounds good and covers the fact that it's not quite the "full" service available on Sky's platform. Honestly, it's not difficult, and Virgin are depressingly bad at it.

Should any statement from Virgin be open to interpretation anyway?