Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 19-06-2012, 23:30   #1696
JeDuK
Inactive

Services: VM 50mb_Superhub
JeDuK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

heres mine after yesturdays maintenance
JeDuK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-06-2012, 07:07   #1697
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Still looking reasonable....

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

... I think they've done this and apparently fixed the Superhub to spite me because I've given them the 30 days notice
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 09:08   #1698
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

They have a tendency towards that, same thing happened to me - I was complaining for months on end about performance like this:

Couple weeks before leaving it turns to this:

qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 09:16   #1699
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Mind you it can go to rats just as quickly - mine went from fine to dire almost overnight. I guess that's the result of selling unlimited products that can consume half your local pipe.

I'm not sure if the improvement is entirely down to the pre-announced maintenance as I've seen it look good for a few days at a time before which is what leads me to believe that the problem could be caused by a single very high usage customer.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 20:39   #1700
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

I dont know whats going on here. Im just browsing the net no video streaming at all.
Old 20-06-2012, 20:41   #1701
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
Still looking reasonable....

... I think they've done this and apparently fixed the Superhub to spite me because I've given them the 30 days notice
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post

I dont know whats going on here. Im just browsing the net no video streaming at all.
That bump about 8pm tonight must be a routing issue to thinkbroadband as I've got it as well... Thought it might be a local downloader at first but it's showing on three graphs upto now
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 20:50   #1702
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Broken peering again.
Old 20-06-2012, 20:54   #1703
karma mechanic
cf.member

karma mechanic will become famous soon enoughkarma mechanic will become famous soon enoughkarma mechanic will become famous soon enough

I've got the exact same bump on 30Mb. If everybody has got it then I'm not worried...
karma mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 20:54   #1704
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

I get it aswell, nothing similar on f8lure so its probably something on TB's side.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 20:55   #1705
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

18th June and 20th June.
Attached Images
File Type: png bbmon.png (96.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png 50mb speeds.png (102.0 KB, 7 views)
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 20:57   #1706
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Once again, the "Screwed for everyone or just me/my ISP" of Thinkbroadband ping monitors:

http://qasdfdsaq.com/ping
Old 20-06-2012, 21:07   #1707
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Interesting. Any idea where the bottom VM one is geographically? It doesn't seem to have any issues.
Old 20-06-2012, 21:13   #1708
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

craw-cmts-06? That's Crawley.

The problem is only really screwing with NCUK traffic, by the looks of things. I can't think of anything particularly important hosted by NCUK anyway, so most things should still be working normally.
Old 20-06-2012, 21:17   #1709
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

lol
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 21:19   #1710
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

Nah, the very bottom one (looks like a consumer line not a router, is labelled 'VM').

Either way its pretty bad.