Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

Old 26-07-2004, 00:23   #691
ntlrocks
Inactive

ntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enough
Re: [Merged] CR3-Feedback & Questions in Here Please.

yes i think telewest automatically goes to front row in the mini view permanently , also sky doesnt even have one so there really is no big problem
ntlrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-07-2004, 18:44   #692
Tristan
Inactive

Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Tristan has reached the bronze age
Tristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSav1
Sky don't have a mini tv on their guide for this very reason. It's more customer focused and avoids this sort of question.
That's one way of looking at it. Another is that the satellite platform isn't capable of doing it...
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 18:09   #693
JonSav1
Inactive

JonSav1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JonSav1

ok. thanks for the info Tristan.
JonSav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 20:27   #694
chaney
Inactive

chaney is an unknown quantity at this point

Will we be getting BBC interactive for the BBC news 24 channel?
chaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 22:38   #695
ntlrocks
Inactive

ntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enoughntlrocks will become famous soon enough

.......i wish
ntlrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 14:29   #696
looselipsuk
Inactive

Services: XL broadband 60Mb Virgin free TV + Telephone HTC Desire S
looselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nicelooselipsuk is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to looselipsuk Send a message via Yahoo to looselipsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenK
I moaned about it when it first started to happen ... I suspended disbelief when they said "it'll go away once the LCR3 roll-out is complete" .... I was even beginning to think that they were right ... but no ...

the 1:10 am random channel change has returned

This time, complete with screen blanking before and after.

Does anyone know why this happens - and, more to the point, how to stop it?

I fully expect that this will become the 00:10 am random channel change when we go back to GMT in October.

Have just got off the phone talking to a guy, think his name was Dave, on faults, who took my question about screen blanking and channel changing to the Network guys. He came back and said they knew nothing about this and asked if I could record the blanking and channel changing at 1:10 a.m. so they could see what is happening.
I agreed to try this and he asked if I could use this forum to try to get others who have the same problem to record it as well.
I said I would record for about a week or until it happens again so if any of you guys want to join in with recording this problem then PM me so we can see how big a problem this might be and if it is only certain channels or areas that this happens to.
looselipsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 15:01   #697
Flubflow
Inactive

Flubflow has a bronzed appealFlubflow has a bronzed appeal
Flubflow has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by looselipsuk
Have just got off the phone talking to a guy, think his name was Dave, on faults, who took my question about screen blanking and channel changing to the Network guys. He came back and said they knew nothing about this and asked if I could record the blanking and channel changing at 1:10 a.m. so they could see what is happening.
I agreed to try this and he asked if I could use this forum to try to get others who have the same problem to record it as well.
I said I would record for about a week or until it happens again so if any of you guys want to join in with recording this problem then PM me so we can see how big a problem this might be and if it is only certain channels or areas that this happens to.
They are lying or at least it is interdepartmental miscommunication. NTL DO indeed know about this problem. It has been going on for years and, as has been said, has even worse effects on the new software (random channel changing as well all STB functions being locked out for about 30 seconds until it has finised its little 1:10am dicky fit)
Flubflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2004, 22:23   #698
coolea96
Inactive

coolea96 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been following this thread for a while... all seems to have gone quiet on a software upgrade for Bromley ( I am in Waltham Forest )

Is there one coming - do I really want it ?? reading the threads on the Langley upgrade ... I am not sure it what it will add ?
coolea96 is offline   Reply With Quote