Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND to superhub

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND to superhub

Old 30-05-2012, 18:19   #16
Matty_UK
Inactive

Matty_UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND to superhub

Hello again.

I did exactly what you said thenry and its still not working

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

It says no internet access. The network is connected but can't browse any sites.
Matty_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2012, 18:19   #17
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

could it be a faulty router? ask for a replacement.

could you test the SuperHub in combo mode then direct in modem mode. if that works then the routers shot
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 02:11   #18
Matty_UK
Inactive

If I didn't laugh I would cry. Now my vm doesn't work. I'm totally buggered.

I reset the hub, taking it off modem mode. Cant get internet. Tried the router again, nothing. Spent hours trying things. I'm giving up for today. At least my phone internet works.

Crikey, what a balls up. No idea what to do next
Old 31-05-2012, 02:16   #19
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

could you post your VM SuperHub connection info

google Virgin Media status and check your area for a fault. also call VM support.
Old 31-05-2012, 11:31   #20
Matty_UK
Inactive

Ok I'll post some screenshots when I have time. I live in Brighton, which, I've been reading isn't great for vm. Apparently.
Old 31-05-2012, 12:51   #21
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Before doing anything else sort out this issue so you KNOW the SH is in modem mode. Then set up a wired connection and only when that is working properly start configuring your wireless network.
From my post #11

If you configure your system as above and get no internet then it's a duff SH or VM's connection. Either way you will have to contact VM.

If you do get internet then it's a problem with your cabling or router.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 00:12   #22
Matty_UK
Inactive

Evening chaps. Well my VM connection is working but its pretty slow.

I read on the VM forums that the router might needs a firmware update.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

Old 01-06-2012, 01:58   #23
thenry
Inactive

what router, the SH? thought you had it in modem mode linked to your router? is the TP Link working now?

did you get any answers for your VM connection fault?
Old 01-06-2012, 12:13   #24
Matty_UK
Inactive

Sorry I meant the TP-Link router. I was on the VM forum and read that firmware updates might solve the problem. Ive tried an update via the routers control panel and it reset but I've not noticed any significant change.

Before, I put my SH into modem mode then followed your guidance about how to setup the t-link router. After I did this, although I could see the t-link router and connect to it, something was blocking me from using websites. I cloned my MAC address as part of the setup process, in case it was an ISP issue and that didnt help. So I reset the SH again back to how it was before and then VM connection didnt work either.

But it began working again eventually and last night it was fine. Although there was a weird icon in my tray that I hadnt seen before. I will have to get a screenshot of it. The internet worked but its still not what I wanted. I'll try to get some shots for you. What particular details do you need to look at?

If only I could transport you here to help
Old 01-06-2012, 12:37   #25
thenry
Inactive

setup a ping monitor mate and enable ping response in your TP Links router setup. that will help rule out a VM fault.
Old 01-06-2012, 13:13   #26
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Try updating your TP Link firmware with DD WRT.

My nt r16 was pretty terrible on it's out of the box firmware but it flies after updating with tomatousb.

I suspect the same might apply to TP Links.
Old 01-06-2012, 13:21   #27
Matty_UK
Inactive

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

Ive gone on DD WRT and found the router but there's two .bin files, do I need one of them or both?

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Ones a webflash image and the other is called special image.
Old 01-06-2012, 13:35   #28
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Sorry I have never installed dd-wrt but perhaps this might help.
Old 01-06-2012, 13:46   #29
thenry
Inactive

Installing DD-WRT on a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Muv1KWxdKU
Old 02-06-2012, 10:43   #30
Matty_UK
Inactive

Thank you sir, I've had a look, seems straightforward. I'm scares to try it incase it ruins my working VM.