Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I've lost my sound!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I've lost my sound!

Old 06-09-2009, 20:04   #76
zing_deleted

Re: I've lost my sound!

Do you live anywhere near anyone who may be able to help? ie where are ya lol
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2009, 20:08   #77
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Get round to Tinky's for ya tea Zing mate - she's in need!!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 20:18   #78
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Thanks Dave for that, I've done the Codec thing also, what haven't I tried? Will have to chance a system restore, need to have my sound.
Do you have the yellow warning thingy in device manager like the example on that page?
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 20:21   #79
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
Do you live anywhere near anyone who may be able to help? ie where are ya lol
In deepest darkest Cornwall Zing, I thought you knew that lol! And no I have no one to help, may have to send my little PC off to the menders once I have finished with it, and it's my pride and joy, what the hell have I done to it?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Get round to Tinky's for ya tea Zing mate - she's in need!!
He's welcome to drop in anytime, and for possibly something a little stronger than tea, if that's his want/wont lol.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post
Do you have the yellow warning thingy in device manager like the example on that page?
No

Jeepers I think this one has got everyone stumped for once.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 20:28   #80
zing_deleted

you could install a cheap sound card that would be an easy workaround
Old 06-09-2009, 20:31   #81
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
you could install a cheap sound card that would be an easy workaround
Can't I get a USB sound type thingy?
Old 06-09-2009, 20:37   #82
zing_deleted

yes you can do you do ebay?

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/106540

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-2-0-Extern...d=p3286.c0.m14

I think they are the same only ebuyer you pay delivery but would get it tuesday
Old 06-09-2009, 20:37   #83
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

you can pick up a good pci sound card for around £10 just a case of opening the case, removing a backing plate and then turning of the onboard sound in the bios then installing drivers of the disc provided.

will probably only take around 10mins tops. if need be im sure we can get a walkthrough done for you.
Old 06-09-2009, 20:49   #84
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
yes you can do you do ebay?

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/106540

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-2-0-Extern...d=p3286.c0.m14

I think they are the same only ebuyer you pay delivery but would get it tuesday
Appreciate all you have said Zing, you are very kind, will have to sleep on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
you can pick up a good pci sound card for around £10 just a case of opening the case, removing a backing plate and then turning of the onboard sound in the bios then installing drivers of the disc provided.

will probably only take around 10mins tops. if need be im sure we can get a walkthrough done for you.
Lol Damien you are making me laugh. So I just whip off the side and do all those technical things...........don't think so. Very good of you to offer all the same, appreciate that. There again..........
Old 06-09-2009, 21:15   #85
keyholder
Inactive

Services: basic fone & L BB,
keyholder has a spectacular aura about themkeyholder has a spectacular aura about themkeyholder has a spectacular aura about themkeyholder has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Does this help?
Attachment 18687
From that picture your missing. Audio codec's , Media control devices, legacy audio devices.

Seeing as youve tried everything else, it looks like your having a conflict somewhere be it software or hardware.

Bottom right hand corner you will find your realtek speaker, double click it open, and select the mixer tab, then top right hand corner you will find your audio device output which should say - REALTEK HD Audio output! you might have a 2nd or 3rd option below it, but it should be the first one in the list as default output! make sure that it is

Do u have a pci soundcard installed already ?
Do u also have an ati card in there that will supply hd audio over hdmi port? Sometimes switching to sp2 will automatically put the ati card as default output device! This happened to me when upgrading to sp2.

Try resetting your bios to default - Reboot your pc upon post ( power on self test ) ( black screen white lettering ) u shud see a notice sayin Press Del, or F2 or F11 etc to go into bios.

Enter bios, and then reset all settings to default ! then Save and exit, allowing the pc to go into windows.

hopefully this will resolve your sound issue. If not ...............

Suggestion 2 -

Uninstalled Sp2 and then retry your sound.

If you still have no sound i can only assume sp2 has screwed your windows up or you have a hardware failure !!

Can you not get someone to remote assist your pc, either via msn / windows remote desktop or via Real vnc ??

nige
keyholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 21:19   #86
zing_deleted

If there was an hdmi audio driver it would say hdmi audio specially if its installed correctly

My audio works fine and I am not missing anything and it just says Realtek HD audio and ATI function driver for HDMI

I mentioned the possibility of HDMI causing this ages ago
Old 06-09-2009, 21:32   #87
Tinky
To err is human

When I click on Realtek HD Audio Manager in the systems tray it shows this
Capture.JPG
Old 06-09-2009, 21:35   #88
keyholder
Inactive

keyholder has a spectacular aura about themkeyholder has a spectacular aura about themkeyholder has a spectacular aura about themkeyholder has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
If there was an hdmi audio driver it would say hdmi audio specially if its installed correctly

My audio works fine and I am not missing anything and it just says Realtek HD audio and ATI function driver for HDMI

I mentioned the possibility of HDMI causing this ages ago
U must be on Vista to then . i read some but skiped most parts, and forgot almost everything what i read when i got to the point in posting so i never seen the HDMI post
Old 06-09-2009, 21:38   #89
zing_deleted

have you tried the front panel?

do me a favour and set it to 5.1 then click on one of the rear speakers in the picture

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyholder View Post
U must be on Vista to then . i read some but skiped most parts, and forgot almost everything what i read when i got to the point in posting so i never seen the HDMI post

nowt wrong with vista except users inability to use it properly
Old 06-09-2009, 21:40   #90
keyholder
Inactive

Quote:
When I click on Realtek HD Audio Manager in the systems tray it shows this
Attachment 18698
I cant really suggest now what to try or not try seeing as your on the worse Operating system going . .

Good luck

All i can suggest is getting a friend around to help you or try remote assistance.

nige

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Quote:
have you tried the front panel?

do me a favour and set it to 5.1 then click on one of the rear speakers in the picture

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

nowt wrong with vista except users inability to use it properly
that must be it