Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 23-03-2011, 20:59   #4996
cozmic1988
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media's VIVID 200 + Full House XL
cozmic1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Umm silly question I know, but when is the general release for TiVo?
Can't be long now! Maybe early April?
http://vmhd.blogspot.com/2011/03/tiv...arch-30th.html
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2011, 10:25   #4997
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Here is the list of other changes that were rolled out from the third tuner activation. This information was taken from the Virgin Media Community Tivo forum (or maybe it wasn't if I'm not allowed to quote things from there!):

•3rd Tuner support
•Recommendations improved by incorporating customer collaborative Thumbs data into the Discovery bar and recorded recommendations
•Box no longer displays ‘Channel not authorised’ during normal channel changes
•Customers no longer PIN challenged on watershed compliant channels
•Bookmarks supported in Movies
•Trailers now available and working for movies
•STB no longer reboots when return path is lost.
•Green button now links to catch-up content correctly
• Music playlist fixes
• Metadata improvements
• Quicker to restore TV service after reboot
• Medium description utilised in VoD screens (adds rating guidance information)
• User presented with choice of HD or SD assets in ‘Get from On Demand’ screen
• Front panel LED’s now function when box is in standby
Cheers for that.

According to posters on TCF (including DF), there was another software update last night:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=467128
Old 24-03-2011, 10:28   #4998
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Just a few minor improvements
Quote:
  • New Lx loader to resolve Cisco failure to boot STBs.
  • SD recording menus default for series link now set for New and reruns.
  • Recording capacity accuracy improved
  • In the VOD navigation pane, the “available until” pane is now displayed correctly.
  • Greying out of channels now recovers when RF is recovered.
  • Channel logos no longer overlap programme synopsis
Old 24-03-2011, 10:29   #4999
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Has anyone else noticed this minor fault with the TiVo? If you are watching TV through a tuner which is recording something, when that recording ends, the screen goes blank for a couple of seconds before returning to normal.
For example last night, I have Masterchef on a series link on BBC One HD with a 10 minute padding at the end. As it happened, we ended up watching it "live" although it was still recording at the same time. We then stayed on the same channel to watch the news, and sure enough, at 10.10pm when the recording ended we lost all picture and sound for a couple of seconds.
I realise in the grand scheme of things that this is a minor irritation rather than a particularly serious fault, but just wondered if anyone else had noticed it, and if so, whether a fix was forthcoming?
Old 24-03-2011, 10:30   #5000
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Cheers for that.

According to posters on TCF (including DF), there was another software update last night:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=467128
Yes i have noticed that the HD recording is still 121 HRS but the SD recording now is 536 HRS
Old 24-03-2011, 11:38   #5001
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Fantastic that Virgin are releasing fixes so regularly, and even more impressive is they are telling exactly what is being fixed. So many places now just say "stability or perfeormance improvements", so credit to VM for that.

Are Thursdays going to be the usual day for software drops or are the last two just coincidence?
Old 24-03-2011, 11:46   #5002
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Fantastic that Virgin are releasing fixes so regularly, and even more impressive is they are telling exactly what is being fixed. So many places now just say "stability or perfeormance improvements", so credit to VM for that.

Are Thursdays going to be the usual day for software drops or are the last two just coincidence?
Yeah they seem to be doing a great job and as you say giving a change-log is exactly the way it should be done.
Old 24-03-2011, 11:55   #5003
Meng
cf.member

Meng is an unknown quantity at this point

The painintheproverbial PIN's worse than it was before the update.

I was asked for it when I watched last weekend's rugby - which was definitely on before 10 P.M.
Old 24-03-2011, 11:58   #5004
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Software updates generally happen on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday morning. But don't expect one every week!
Old 24-03-2011, 12:40   #5005
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Don't like the LED's on in standby. Much better to just go completely blank. But other changes are good.

Still need to sort out the SCART problems though.
Old 24-03-2011, 13:13   #5006
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Don't like the LED's on in standby. Much better to just go completely blank
It's a safety thing. You need a visible indication that the box is powered.

It also helps identify the cause of "total loss of service" faults.
Old 24-03-2011, 13:48   #5007
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It's a safety thing. You need a visible indication that the box is powered.

It also helps identify the cause of "total loss of service" faults.
I think the lights on the front is a good thing, especially the recording lights. The light I do think they could do without when on standby is the green connection light. I could see that causing confusion with some people.
Old 24-03-2011, 15:11   #5008
cozmic1988
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media's VIVID 200 + Full House XL
cozmic1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think the lights on the front is a good thing, especially the recording lights. The light I do think they could do without when on standby is the green connection light. I could see that causing confusion with some people.
If you see the light is absent, you know that your TiVo isn't connected to the network for whatever reason. Handy! My Samsung V+ green light has always been handy for me whenever my internet decides to cut out (rare, thankfully), as then I know whether it's the network or just the Super Hub.
Old 24-03-2011, 15:13   #5009
BenJSmyth
Inactive

The Super Hub?! Yikes - you have one of those bad boys. I feel your pain mate, no wonder you like green lights to tell you it's working!
Old 24-03-2011, 16:58   #5010
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

May be of interest

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...-director.html

http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2011/0...l-development/
Closed Thread